Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please be aware that the content of this thread may be outdated and no longer applicable.

augustinoi

Storage Compactor

augustinoi    12

2 questions

1 - how long the eggs last inside the compactor because I wanted to keep eggs from shine bug until I could create a farm for them.But they seem to disappear after some time. (I'm pretty sure they were not cooked since I only broke the hatch eggs).

2 - Is there any way I can keep bleach, slime and oxyhelite without the gas coming out of it?

Saturnus    3,297
13 minutes ago, augustinoi said:

1 - how long the eggs last inside the compactor because I wanted to keep eggs from shine bug until I could create a farm for them.But they seem to disappear after some time. (I'm pretty sure they were not cooked since I only broke the hatch eggs).

2 - Is there any way I can keep bleach, slime and oxyhelite without the gas coming out of it?

1) 10 cycles. Eggs lose 10% vitality per cycle they're in storage. They then crack into raw eggs and egg shells on their own as if you had used an egg cracker. Incidentally, if you heat up raw eggs to 71C they turn into omelettes on their own without needing to be cooked on a grill.

2) Yes, keep the room pressured above 1800g/tile gas pressure, or submerge the storage compactors in a liquid. 

Neotuck    2,045

I like to store wild shine bugs in the barracks early game, easy decor

Just build a compactor, transport the eggs, deconstruct the compactor

20181208184653_1.thumb.jpg.d75d79331ec18a002e3b266841be3ddd.jpg

augustinoi    12
40 minutes ago, Saturnus said:

1) 10 cycles. Eggs lose 10% vitality per cycle they're in storage. They then crack into raw eggs and egg shells on their own as if you had used an egg cracker. Incidentally, if you heat up raw eggs to 71C they turn into omelettes on their own without needing to be cooked on a grill.

2) Yes, keep the room pressured above 1800g/tile gas pressure, or submerge the storage compactors in a liquid. 

eu pensava que como a maioria das coisas compactadores não funcionam de baixo da agua. 

28 minutes ago, Neotuck said:

and here I am thinking of building incubators quickly.

Saturnus    3,297
3 minutes ago, augustinoi said:

eu pensava que como a maioria das coisas compactadores não funcionam de baixo da agua. 

Storage compactors most certainly do work under water :D

Neotuck    2,045
11 minutes ago, augustinoi said:

9 minutes ago, Saturnus said:

Storage compactors most certainly do work under water :D

Yep, here's were I store slime for my mushroom farms

20181208192910_1.thumb.jpg.2cfe3531d28c4e2009bc6c88ff5f1145.jpg

madcat1188    12
On 12/8/2018 at 3:48 PM, Neotuck said:

" Just build a compactor, transport the eggs, deconstruct the compactor "

Another option is to just de-select the checkbox next to the type of critter egg that you don't want in the storage compactor, and that egg will be ejected out in front of the storage compactor. You can immediately re-select the checkbox if you want, but eventually a duplicant will put the egg back into the storage compactor unless you have it set to "sweep only".

" Storage compactors most certainly do work under water "

I like to keep one or two submerged in my "interior base" water supply, set to only allow ice (never polluted ice) and priority 4. This way duplicants will gather ice when they're not doing anything else which keeps the water nice and cold.

Neotuck    2,045
1 minute ago, madcat1188 said:

Another option is to just de-select the checkbox next to the type of critter egg that you don't want in the storage compactor, and that egg will be ejected out in front of the storage compactor. You can immediately re-select the checkbox if you want, but eventually a duplicant will put the egg back into the storage compactor unless you have it set to "sweep only".

I didn't mean to imply deconstructing the compactor was the only way to drop the eggs

only reason I do it is to make room for the cots/beds I plan to build

4 minutes ago, madcat1188 said:

I like to keep one or two submerged in my "interior base" water supply, set to only allow ice (never polluted ice) and priority 4. This way duplicants will gather ice when they're not doing anything else which keeps the water nice and cold.

wouldn't building ice sculptures in the water work better?

the temperature transfer happens almost instantaneous and you get 400kg extra water in your water supply