peachkillu

1000 degree thermal sensor

Recommended Posts

Neotuck    1,774

mine only goes up to 999.9C :(

7.thumb.png.e033bd9de619776518d482ccbf82d825.png

must be a bug if yours is the only one that reaches 1000C

better submit a bug report

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lilalaunekuh    305

The more I thought about raising the maximum thermal sensor temperature the more I thought about easy petroleum access.

=> If your sensor allows temperature of >400°C the oil refinery will use much value because you can build much easier thing to convert crude oil into petroleum

(So should there be some other tweaks going along with this change ?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beowulfe    121
19 minutes ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

The more I thought about raising the maximum thermal sensor temperature the more I thought about easy petroleum access.

=> If your sensor allows temperature of >400°C the oil refinery will use much value because you can build much easier thing to convert crude oil into petroleum

(So should there be some other tweaks going along with this change ?)

The sensor alone isn't enough to make boiling crude oil simple, you still need a relatively complicated setup in order to manage it. The oil refinery works well as a stepping stone until you get to that point, and it's natural to eventually upgrade from one to a better solution, you don't need to forcibly keep players using it for longer. I don't think it needs any changes.

Edited by Beowulfe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lilalaunekuh    305
1 minute ago, Beowulfe said:

you still need a relatively complicated setup in order to manage it.

A insulated room with an aquatuner a liquid vent for crude oil input and a liquid pump for petroleum ouput.

=> Not complicated but you need materials form outer space ;)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beowulfe    121
6 minutes ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

A insulated room with an aquatuner a liquid vent for crude oil input and a liquid pump for petroleum ouput.

=> Not complicated but you need materials form outer space ;)

Yeah, you'd definitely need space materials for that. ;) I suppose complicated was the wrong word - you definitely need to be *progressed* in the game far enough that you've likely been using oil refineries for a while already.

Or, at least, I personally get into oil refineries before I start sending off rockets. :p

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
0xFADE    234

You can use the transition points of some materials to detect some temperatures like liquid sensor on copper for around 1k or whatever it is.

dont know if there is a convenient one for petroleum stuff but then you can use gas pressure to restrict incoming heat. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Saturnus    2,128
24 minutes ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

A insulated room with an aquatuner a liquid vent for crude oil input and a liquid pump for petroleum ouput.

=> Not complicated but you need materials form outer space ;)

And that's the point isn't it? You could just as well argue that there's no need for a metal refinery because you already have rock crushers that make refined metal.

If you already have space age materials, do you really have that much need for petroleum anymore? Temp sensors working up to 1000C makes a lot of things much simpler to make but it still takes a fair bit of work to set up an oil cooker without space materials, and petroleum you realistically only need large amounts of at the beginning of the space age before you have access to those.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Lilalaunekuh    305
42 minutes ago, 0xFADE said:

dont know if there is a convenient one for petroleum stuff

No there is nothing in that range Super coolant is your friend (Did use the oni wiki to search for temperatures^^)

(PS: There is no use for melting copper but I use melting gold to turn of my thermium auqatuner ^^)

 

41 minutes ago, Saturnus said:

And that's the point isn't it? You could just as well argue that there's no need for a metal refinery because you already have rock crushers that make refined metal.

No, I am not against it. But there were previous changes to reduce the amount of power your able get out of boiling crude oil so maybe it could need some tweaks again

Edited by Lilalaunekuh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hellshound38    63
1 minute ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

No there is nothing in that range

(PS: There is no use for melting copper but I use melting gold to turn of my thermium auqatuner ^^)

 

No, I am not against it. But there were previous changes to reduce the amount of power your able get out of boiling crude oil so maybe it could need some tweaks again

Super-coolant turns to gas just above the oil-> petro level.

Makes it very easy to make. requiring only a tiny amount of super-coolant.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Saturnus    2,128
Just now, Lilalaunekuh said:

No, I am not against it. But there were previous changes to reduce the amount of power your able get out of boiling crude oil so maybe it could need some tweaks again

The problem before was that it was too easy, literally just digging through the crude oil to the magma, to get basically infinite power by boiling crude oil to natural gas directly. Cracking oil to petroleum was really never that broken, and still isn't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
impyre    75
1 hour ago, Lilalaunekuh said:

A insulated room with an aquatuner a liquid vent for crude oil input and a liquid pump for petroleum ouput.

=> Not complicated but you need materials form outer space ;)

The non-space-material solution is a bit complicated.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ishakaru    21

Pre-space age materials right now it's easier to go straight from oil to sour gas->nat gas. As far as I know there is no easy way to only boil to petrol without constant observation or a finely tuned system that breaks when something changes. With the temp sensor change you can setup a system where you don't have to watch it. 

 

Once you get space materials you have easier sustainable methods to boil oil allowing setups that aren't centered around drawing heat from magma. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Saturnus    2,128
19 minutes ago, ishakaru said:

Once you get space materials you have easier sustainable methods to boil oil allowing setups that aren't centered around drawing heat from magma. 

To be fair, once you got space materials the game's basically over. There's really no challenges left at that point beyond seeing how many dupes you can possibly feed before your CPU goes into thermonuclear meltdown.

Edited by Saturnus
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kolyapedal    136
23 minutes ago, Saturnus said:

To be fair, once you got space materials the game's basically over. There's really no challenges left at that point beyond seeing how many dupes you can possibly feed before your CPU goes into thermonuclear meltdown.

so true :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now