Recommended Posts

Tytan    7

when did you realize that the base is totally dark? that everything is dark and yet the dupes are working without any illumination?

speaking of this, since we are in an update basically decoration, could have new tables right? new lamps, new doors, these little things

and a doubt, anyone can understand what the current function of the aero pot?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nativel    258

We also have normal ladders and plastic ladders, don't you think it will be good if we gonna use regular ladders tab but +50% speed and skin of plastic ladder will be if you gonna use plastic on regular ladder, and why we can't build metallic ladders?!!!! And Why I can't deconstruct mettalic ladders?!!!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beowulfe    95
29 minutes ago, 0xFADE said:

If they want lighting to matter all they really need to do is give dupes a debuff to pretty much every action while in the dark.

If they did that early instead of it being a minor decor amount the entire game would have changed. There would be a need to string lights up at work areas. Some dupe hats would probably produce light etc.

It would be another level of complexity that some people may enjoy. 

Could even have a challenge mode where fog of war covers everything that doesn't have some form of light - just need to add some early sources of light that don't roast your base (The printer provides enough to start immediately off the bat, but you'd need something short term/temporary to expand further early)!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sasza22    775
40 minutes ago, 0xFADE said:

If they want lighting to matter all they really need to do is give dupes a debuff to pretty much every action while in the dark.

Or instead give them a buff when doing stuff in lit areas. A simple movement speed buff would be enough but they could go all the way and give them a general work buff.

10 minutes ago, Nativel said:

why we can't build metallic ladders?!!!! And Why I can't deconstruct mettalic ladders?!!!

Metallic ladders in the ruins are now made out of plastic btw. You cn melt them much easier if you want.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tytan    7
12 minutes ago, Nativel said:

We also have normal ladders and plastic ladders, don't you think it will be good if we gonna use regular ladders tab but +50% speed and skin of plastic ladder will be if you gonna use plastic on regular ladder, and why we can't build metallic ladders?!!!! And Why I can't deconstruct mettalic ladders?!!!

yeah, metallica ladders and ceramic doors, right now

 

18 minutes ago, KittenIsAGeek said:

The problem, though, is that light bulbs add a lot of heat to your base.  It isn't much, but its continuous and adds up quickly.  If they want us to start using lights early in the base, then there would also need to be an early method for keeping temperatures down.

yes, that's the problem, if there were variations on the quality of the lamps or lighting means, it would be the way

and ... bringing a use to shine bugs

43 minutes ago, 0xFADE said:

If they want lighting to matter all they really need to do is give dupes a debuff to pretty much every action while in the dark.

If they did that early instead of it being a minor decor amount the entire game would have changed. There would be a need to string lights up at work areas. Some dupe hats would probably produce light etc.

It would be another level of complexity that some people may enjoy. 

yes, like mine hat in D.S

what justifies the miner's hat, the work of a miner kkk

they could start with clothes that have a glow, or a flashlight, which would imply the bad decor they have, like a cyclist's outfit, or those who have a lamp in the pocket of cops

 

 

###edit###

Edited by Tytan
enviei sem querer
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gurgel    234
5 hours ago, Beowulfe said:

 (The printer provides enough to start immediately off the bat, but you'd need something short term/temporary to expand further early)!

Give them Light-Sabers! They can then also start to kill each other if they get bored. 

Seriously though, I suspect some very early prototype had the light requirement and they just found out that it is just far too much hassle. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Machenoid    16
7 hours ago, Tytan said:

anyone can understand what the current function of the aero pot?

I would've expected the plant to physically move to the lower half of the building, so that the decor field would also move down 1 tile and thus closer to the floor, but no... Should probably change.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SakuraKoi    180

I'd say a buff of +2 (or only +1 if one so desires...) to every skill would be a fair feature for lit areas, not much but not little either~

Like, it'd actually not be just a decor bonus which other stuff does better (especially standing lamps are bad, we like by the by wall ones) and without adding heat nor need power. One would also like a variation of the critter sensor which detects dupes in a room for that modern feel, of rooms having automatic lightning.

 

By the by, I did rather thought this thread would refer to the "lights out" when the short night portion of a cycle is and how it has become only point of reference for duplicants do not automatically sleep anymore during it (since Expressive Upgrade).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
dallion    24

Yeah, Charlie will kiss your dupe, if they went into the dark after several seconds.

Edited by dallion
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
yoakenashi    237

Yes! Perpetual FoW if the area is not illuminated. I love this idea.

We are underground yet everything is lit up like it’s day. (Day/night cycle underground is also ... strange, but that’s another topic!)

This would make growing mushrooms much more challenging as you would need to provide a little light to see/reveal, but not so much to burn the mushrooms.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SakuraKoi    180
42 minutes ago, Saturnus said:

Personally, I'd really like a wall lamp and a chandelier to be available in the game.

Don't forget light tiles! (And dark tiles lest the balance of power, not electrical one, is disturbed~)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tytan    7
18 hours ago, SakuraKoi said:

By the by, I did rather thought this thread would refer to the "lights out" when the short night portion of a cycle is and how it has become only point of reference for duplicants do not automatically sleep anymore during it (since Expressive Upgrade).

by the way. What's the point of getting dark inside the asteroid?
the characters have stamina, so they should sleep or when they are tired, or when it's time to sleep, and this move to get dark inside the asteroid when it did not even arrive in space, it's pretty funny if you stop to think

 

9 hours ago, yoakenashi said:

Yes! Perpetual FoW if the area is not illuminated. I love this idea.

which justifies the lack of vision in the asteroid, which also makes me think of ... aggressive creatures in the dark, just waiting for people to arrive on the scene


and ... thinking of optimization could be that everything in the dark gets "frozen" which would return to the status of the beginning of the game without much process rolling in the background, it is bad to think so, but let's agree that any optimization is a good way out lol

5 hours ago, SakuraKoi said:

Don't forget light tiles! (And dark tiles lest the balance of power, not electrical one, is disturbed~)

that would very cool

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Soulwind    161
2 hours ago, Tytan said:

which justifies the lack of vision in the asteroid, which also makes me think of ... aggressive creatures in the dark, just waiting for people to arrive on the scene

 

It is dark.  You may be eaten by a Grue.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lilibat    17
On 12/6/2018 at 4:42 PM, KittenIsAGeek said:

The problem, though, is that light bulbs add a lot of heat to your base.  It isn't much, but its continuous and adds up quickly.  If they want us to start using lights early in the base, then there would also need to be an early method for keeping temperatures down.

Why do we not have LED light bulbs? Incandescent bulbs suck and eventually no one will use them except for very specific uses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Fizzy Cyst    3
7 hours ago, lilibat said:

Why do we not have LED light bulbs?

The mining guns aren't sensitive enough to extract trace elements for semiconductors. It's also why automation gates are so bulky; they're actually made from vacuum tubes.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kolyapedal    136
On 07.12.2018 at 12:42 AM, KittenIsAGeek said:

The problem, though, is that light bulbs add a lot of heat to your base.  It isn't much, but its continuous and adds up quickly.  If they want us to start using lights early in the base, then there would also need to be an early method for keeping temperatures down.

I still hope on fan rework, Would be nice to handle this situation with heat locally 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gurgel    234
4 hours ago, Fizzy Cyst said:

It's also why automation gates are so bulky; they're actually made from vacuum tubes.

Hahahaha, yes! Vacuum tubes do not require miniaturization like semiconductors. They do suck as elements for logic gates though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
augustinoi    7

I think the ONI is going the other way, so I remember the hatch was much more aggressive, the slime inside its base could kill all the dupes, and any failure in planting or in food would kill at least one. now it's just basically exploration and creativity to make a cute little foundation. maybe this was good in a difficult game mode.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now