[Game Update] - 298000: Happy Winter's Feast!

3 hours ago, Kawasaki said:

Thank you Klei you are the best as always!

Quick question! Since i am not a pro i dont understand what does the  NOTE = 120 Means in the music sheet up there?

You've received a view replies already, but I figure it's worth clarifying.

That's the tempo, i.e. the beats per minute (bpm). In accordance with the note type, that's 120 quarter-notes per minute (2 per second), but since this is in a 6/8 time signature the bars (space between each vertical line) are measured in 6 eighth-notes (the weight of each note is different than in 3/4 time). So with the first lyrics, "We sing through dark of coldest night" takes 3 seconds even though it happens across 2 bars.

So, if you listen to this metronome 

The distinct little "bong" signifies the start of each bar in the sheet music, and is usually a more emphasized lyric, such as the words "sing", the word "dawn", "gone", etc.

If you sing along like it sounds in their music video, you'll probably find that it matches perfectly.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Warlockadamm said:

Does anyone know how to get the new ornaments ? Without the debug code that is .

I got one (Rhinos) from gift - just slept near christmast trees in night then after open i got it.

Edited by Thalkas
  • Like 1

Well, *rip* my Christmas hope and dream for a steam market version of the gingerbread chest like they did with the yuletide frock. ;P

Ty for the new lantern! Wish there was a Christmas-y red lit version that was otherwise identical. The snowflake animations are truly lovely.

...What about the Snowfallen skins?  Dare I ask? I don't see them available in the Shop and considering your announcement of no significant new content for Winter's Feast, what does that mean?

Not having any Snowfallen option for either of my mains feelsbad. We've waited a year now. Also concerned the theme/style will be off from the rest of the set (if they are ever made) because of the time gap and possibility of a different artist involved. I'd really like to see the new ones remain faithful to the original 6 so they feel like one cohesive set.

Not trying to complain; just bringing up my concerns. I'm very thankful for the gift of the new lantern skin, the new event skins, and having the wonderful Christmas event back Klei, ty ty!

6 hours ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

you may have a gift already chosen before you got it?

Nope.

4 hours ago, CarlZalph said:

Common items are turned into chests, anything above it aren't.

So common items turn into classy chests??? I don't think it was like that before. 

EDIT: No not even think, it definitely wasn't like that before. The other basics chests have always been common and replace common while the winter one has always been classy replacing classy. You could still get common drops.

Edited by Zeklo

• Developer
38 minutes ago, Zeklo said:

EDIT: No not even think, it definitely wasn't like that before. The other basics chests have always been common and replace common while the winter one has always been classy replacing classy. You could still get common drops.

Correct, for this year's event, Common drops have been replaced by the Classy Winter's Feast chest.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

On 06.12.2018 at 9:08 PM, V2C said:

An Uncommon Holiday
Winter skins have appeared to get our survivors into the winter spirit, and for a limited time, the chances of receiving a rare gift have been substantially increased!

I don't feel it. It looks like only change is WFC instead common drops.

2 hours ago, deja94 said:

If I didn't even know there was this activity when I saw the forum, but no matter how many times I logged in, I didn't get this skin, was it because I wasn't loyal enough to receive it?

You should get the lantern skin automatically when starting the game and logging in during the Winter's Feast event. Which platform are you on? Steam, Tencent or any the console ones?

36 minutes ago, Captain_Rage said:

You should get the lantern skin automatically when starting the game and logging in during the Winter's Feast event. Which platform are you on? Steam, Tencent or any the console ones?

STEAM, I've tried to restart the game many times, but I still can't get the Lantern.

Edited by deja94