what new content would you like to see?

On 1/10/2019 at 12:28 AM, 4 Da LOLs said:

some gorge farming mechanics that allow year round veggies

Gorge farming/cooking mechanics in general would be lovely. Lengthen the rot-on-the-vine timescale for fully grown crops to 5 days and it becomes manageable.

Make things that are normally useless like stagehand, iridescent gem etc do something (it's not like I wanted to have a table kill me)

And more uses to items that are't used as much like steel wool, boss loot, bird feathers and beard hair

And some new hounds the ones that are in game are great but new ones would make the players think twice before fighting head on or using traps or other mobs

i'd like to change the whole map design:

way bigger map (like you have a journey to collecting some items), more Biomes, more Set Piece, advanced map setting. better generate, like oasis must be in the end of the desert and u must travel a long path to reach it or even make a infinit path and u must figure out the pattern to find oasis.and a dark forest is fun too, its fun if there was a forest with no map so you can actually lost in it.

some in game stat:

its verry useful in public games. for example showing collected items, damage taken, damage dealt. its a verry good way to find a leecher.

some in game side quest:

it would be fun to some npc like pig king spawn and give you reward for compeleting the side quests

and skill tree would be fun:

rather you need xp or collecting a special items to select up to, like 5 special perks

Warly... I really want Warly to be one of the 4 new DST characters coming this year. Although he was made for shipwrecked, he still has potential to be really good support for a team of people.

His Stats:

• Health: 150
  • Sanity: 200
  • Hunger: 250
  • He can craft portable crock pots (usable by him only)
  • Entrées cooked by Warly grant a 15% positive stat bonus for all characters, rather than just Warly himself (Instead of restoring 150 hunger, meaty stews restore 172.5 hunger. This is the same for all positive stats)
  • Warly specific recipes 
  • Hates spoilage
  • +33% hunger drain
  • Picky eater (same as in single player)

Basically he is a character that increases the player's difficulty in exchange for a helpful support member of the team.

I want to see Grass Gekko and Twiggy Tree worlds removed, they're just awful.

No I don't like having to make several axes just to top off my twig count, no I don't like playing through most the early game with next to no grass cause I can't find a rocky biome or the mosaic anywhere. Why must these worlds exist?

9 minutes ago, Terra M Welch said:

No I don't like having to make several axes just to top off my twig count, no I don't like playing through most the early game with next to no grass cause I can't find a rocky biome or the mosaic anywhere. Why must these worlds exist?

Personally I like them, they bring some change to the game. 

If you don't want to play with them, why don't you just disable them in the worlgen settings?

37 minutes ago, Terra M Welch said:

The function of Grass Gekko & Twiggy Tree is being a alternative way to get basic resources (and unlike the others, they still producing stuff in Winter & Summer). Also, they don't suffer the effects of Disease.

7 hours ago, spideswine said:

Deleting lines 96-98 in babybeefalo.lua would be nice.

Hate those lines so much...soooooooooooooo much.

if herd ~= nil and herd.components.herd ~= nil and herd:IsValid() then
        herd.components.herd:AddMember(grown)
    end

What does it mean?

8 hours ago, Tapirus said:

The function of Grass Gekko & Twiggy Tree is being a alternative way to get basic resources (and unlike the others, they still producing stuff in Winter & Summer). Also, they don't suffer the effects of Disease.

But heres the thing, twiggy trees spawn naturally in sapling worlds, and grass gekkos can grow out of grass tufts anyway.

8 hours ago, fimmatek said:

Personally I like them, they bring some change to the game. 

If you don't want to play with them, why don't you just disable them in the worlgen settings?

Wish I had access to the world settings of other people's servers.

Usually if we get twiggy tree/grass gekko worlds, we try to regenerate it immediately, I one had a public server where grass was just about impossible to find, it was a grass gekko world, and there were no savanahs nearby for grass tufts, and finding the mosaic, desert or rocky biome was near impossible, I'm amazed how some of us managed to avoid getting charlie'd on there.

I just do not agree with replacing every single sapling with a twiggy tree or replacing all the grass tufts(except savanah ones) with gekkos in the not so common rock biomes. I just think it's been implemented poorly.

14 minutes ago, Terra M Welch said:

Usually if we get twiggy tree/grass gekko worlds, we try to regenerate it immediately, I one had a public server where grass was just about impossible to find, it was a grass gekko world, and there were no savanahs nearby for grass tufts, and finding the mosaic, desert or rocky biome was near impossible, I'm amazed how some of us managed to avoid getting charlie'd on there.

While I like this kind of challenge on public servers, I can fully understand why people don't. 

Tho, it reminded me of something...

20170428165525_1.thumb.jpg.65a8ab696371b47b618a8811001339b1.jpg

Overhearing others' talking, sitting silently in my cave entrance :D Oh, nice memories!

Archived