Don't Starve: Hamlet. The Aporkalypse!

Jason

I have this too. Apparently it’s a graphics issue and you *are* moving the dials. You just can’t see it. I based near the ruins with the clock, so I fiddle around with it then go back and check with my pig citizens. Their quotes change when the Aporkalypse is coming. It’s worked for me once, but I’m having trouble repeating it. IDK how someone who had to travel far to check with their pigs could manage it. Maybe just build a townhouse outside the ruins entrance? Somewhere where the pig won’t get terrorized or killed, though.

2 hours ago, Rellimarual said:

I have this too. Apparently it’s a graphics issue and you *are* moving the dials. You just can’t see it. I based near the ruins with the clock, so I fiddle around with it then go back and check with my pig citizens. Their quotes change when the Aporkalypse is coming. It’s worked for me once, but I’m having trouble repeating it. IDK how someone who had to travel far to check with their pigs could manage it. Maybe just build a townhouse outside the ruins entrance? Somewhere where the pig won’t get terrorized or killed, though.

9E6F97BA5934AF9D15940375F602DE25B4B61108

tbh this is over for me playing hamlet for now... i dont have any idea what to do at this point.. im on day 82 and i dont see how i am gonna be able to use the calendar effectively if this is bugged like that... we need a fix ASAP... tbh i've seen tons of people with this issue already... even people on consoles are having this issue... it's not like it's a casual occurrence @Jason pls.. T_T 

besides.. it's not only visual.. i tested returning back to town and the villagers told me the aporkalypse was coming after just returning from there

On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 6:37 PM, Jason said:

DontStarveHamletAporkalypse.png

The Aporkalypse is here. The pre modern pigs saw it coming, did the math and put the date on a calendar. Oh look, it’s this year. What can be done!

There’s also a couple of other fun stuff added to the world. Pigs now have a place they can do some money exchange, and a new magic recipe that captures the energies of the Pugalisk has been discovered.

The new content will be best experienced with a new world as there are some world gen changes for them. So we recommend starting a fresh world to experience them. 

What’s Next
In a recent update we noted that we wanted to continue the Early Access until we felt the bugs and performance were improved. There have been several improvements to the performance, but there are still some areas we are investigating to help that. We continue to work through the bug reports both on the forums and submitted through the game. 

We have also decided there are a few more updates of things we’d like to put out before we’re done. So Early Access will be continuing until about April of 2019. The next is an improvement in the Quality of Life for DS players. We will focus on bringing a bunch of the improvements that have gone into DST over to single player. Watch for the QOL update on Dec 20th.

Update Notes:  298452

World Change

• The Aporkalypse added. (best with new world, but old worlds are modified slightly to support it)
  • Pugalisk leaves behind something new.
  • Lowered the Beard Rug minimap priority
  • Reduced pay for nightmare fuel
  • Pigs have a bank (New worlds only. Old worlds can craft one with the key to the city)
  • Queen’s gallery has a new exhibit. (New worlds only)

Bug Fixes

• Fix for disappearing mandrake (or rare crash) when clicking mandrake in inventory
  • Fixed the crash when bird whistle is consumed
  • Fixed the crash when bird whistle is used in Survival or SW worlds.
  • Fixed rare crash in meatrack
  • Fixed crash with pugalisk switching targets
  • Fixed city farm plots showing “MISSING NAME”
  • Fixed city farm plots auto-replanting on load
  • Key to City doesn't conflict with science machine et al anymore
  • Fixed crash when a beehive was burning while the season changed
  • Fixed invisible snakeskin in Hamlet compatible ShipWrecked world
  • Fixed glowflies being deleted when in containers
  • Fixed glowflies not giving off light when released from container
  • Fixed glowflies not having a mouseover during daytime
  • Can’t turn a sprinkler on anymore when it’s out of fuel
  • Pig beautician now accepts thunderbird feathers
  • Fixed yellow gem turning invisible when placed on shelf
  • Mant suit now takes and displays proper damage
  • Manure flies should not buzz anymore when there’s no poop. 
  • Fixed crash when spawning a sprinkler away from water
  • Fixed torches not losing durability after being hit by sprinkler
  • ROC doesn't get stuck on trying to destroy farm plots with a crop anymore
  • Farm plots can't be placed in interiors anymore

dope

On 12/11/2018 at 5:40 PM, Ogrecakes said:

It's the idea of creating a home, the ability to lock off threats.

There's a reason the devs never added them.

All of the requested features that the devs turned down we're added with multiplayer, as multiplayer breaks the theme anyways.

doors are used to lock or protect resources or feeble creatures... not for "party" but for farming xD

I am not seeing anything on the qol and it was suppose to be out yesterday. What am I missing? So far there has been no change at all

Ugh.... that will teach me to read everything.... I just saw where it has been delayed. (Smacks forehead)

Archived