Don't Starve: Hamlet. The Aporkalypse!

Jason

Just now, Computer-7 said:

makes burning a large amount of things take forever plus removes fire farms also how would it make it better

1. The BEST thing is that fire farms would be impossible to make. They make 0 sense and are an exploit that should not be possible.

2. Burning a large amount of what things? You can burn a stack of 40 items and get 40 ash immedately. If you want to burn a lot of trees - just burn them and go do something else. You don't need to watch them.

3. You can prevent your base from totally getting desintegrated if u make a small mistake.

Is there any REAL advantage to not have smouldering? 

Just now, Warplord said:

1. The BEST thing is that fire farms would be impossible to make. They make 0 sense and are an exploit that should not be possible.

2. Burning a large amount of what things? You can burn a stack of 40 items and get 40 ash immedately. If you want to burn a lot of trees - just burn them and go do something else. You don't need to watch them.

3. You can prevent your base from totally getting desintegrated if u make a small mistake.

Is there any REAL advantage to not have smouldering? 

1 klei said they have no problem with fire farms plus they can be used for things other than food removing them would remove a large amount of farms from the game which people who mega base like to use as they can farm items that take a really long to to get

2 burning down trees for charcoal

3 ice flingos 

2 minutes ago, Warplord said:

Fire farms are a curse that make the game way too easy and make absolutely no sense. They are a 100% exploit and should be made impossible. 

Let's hope Klei understands that and gives us smouldering in single player as well. 

fire farms save a lot of time gathering food it doesn't make the game much easier as starving is rarely a problem with people who are at the point to build them they require some skill to collect the items 

No other method of gathering items in the ENTIRE game (+RoG and SW) can even compared to a hundredth of what fire farms can do. They take almost nothing to set up and require no maintenance, no waiting, no surviving. They are a pure exploit and if you use them you might as well give yourself items with the console. There is absolutely no difference between the two.

You are supposed to gather food and many other resources in this game from day 1 to infinity. 

1 minute ago, Warplord said:

No other method of gathering items in the ENTIRE game (+RoG and SW) can even compared to a hundredth of what fire farms can do. They take almost nothing to set up and require no maintenance, no waiting, no surviving. They are a pure exploit and if you use them you might as well give yourself items with the console. There is absolutely no difference between the two.

You are supposed to gather food and many other resources in this game from day 1 to infinity. 

you seem not be reading what I'm saying I'm done with arguing someone who refuses to use any evidence besides believing you know how the game should be played my point is that smoldering will not help the game be better adding something that will split the community in half in the Quality of life update is not a good idea as Qol shouldn't make the game less enjoyable thats the opposite of what Qol should do

The game will be MORE enjoyable if an exploit (fire farms) is fixed through smoldering. It should absolutely be added with the QoL Update. Let's hope it gets added. 

I am reading what you are saying - you are not reading what I am saying. Can you give me an example of something else so unbelievably overpowered that trivializes such a big part of the game and requires next to no setup and 0 maintenance and effort? 

31 minutes ago, Warplord said:

The game will be MORE enjoyable if an exploit (fire farms) is fixed through smoldering. It should absolutely be added with the QoL Update. Let's hope it gets added. 

I am reading what you are saying - you are not reading what I am saying. Can you give me an example of something else so unbelievably overpowered that trivializes such a big part of the game and requires next to no setup and 0 maintenance and effort? 

okay coffee allows you to run past everything that could harm you makes fighting incredible easy makes exploring and finding food or resources pathetic, fire farms don't allow you to clear every resource in the ruins in 3 in game days happy? also you don't have to use them they so how would it made the game more enjoyable to remove something people use and you don't have to its not like its your only option coffee is almost needed to megabase if anything I don't see why you complaining about fire farms when things like coffee are way more important

Coffee unlike fire farms requires a LOT of work to do and yields very little. You have to WAIT for each coffee plant to regrow, fertilize it after EVERY harvest, cook the beans (which takes time and effort), then WAIT for the crock pot to finish cooking. What do fire farms need? Build them once for 1 day and basically free resources forever with 0 effort. 

What do you get as a reward from coffee? Speed. Ok that is good.

What do you get from fire farms with ZERO effort? Food, healing (you can convert meat into eggs and eat bacon and eggs), weapons, armor and resources to build infinite followers. Remember - with ZERO effort. 

Coffee is strong, fire farms are beyond OP. They are an exploit and should be removed. 

Coffee unlike fire farms requires a LOT of work to do and yields very little. You have to WAIT for each coffee plant to regrow, fertilize it after EVERY harvest, cook the beans (which takes time and effort), then WAIT for the crock pot to finish cooking. What do fire farms need? Build them once for 1 day and basically free resources forever with 0 effort. 

What do you get as a reward from coffee? Speed. Ok that is good.

What do you get from fire farms with ZERO effort? Food, healing (you can convert meat into eggs and eat bacon and eggs), weapons, armor and resources to build infinite followers. Remember - with ZERO effort. 

Coffee is strong, fire farms are beyond OP. They are an exploit and should be removed. 

going to volcano is not difficult cooking coffee is not difficult getting ash is not difficult and by your logic you plant the coffee plants once and you don't need to build it again btw you need to refuel flingos which takes about as much effort as fertilizing coffee collecting 12 gears for the flingos which most of the time there aren't that many on the surface meaning you have to go to the ruins and get gears and ice which each fling requires plus ice and other materials and if you want healing from the farm you need to make drying racks to turn it into jerky fire farms don't do that automatically see how this makes no sense how what I'm saying takes no skill? heres the thing taking care of coffee isn't hard now can you stop telling klei that they need to add something like this. 

Unlike coffee fire farms are based an a bug in the game. Pig or Bunny houses have a respawn timer when an inhabitant is killed. For some reason if the house is on fire - this doesn't trigger. I wouldn't mind them at all if you could only kill 1 pig per 3 days or 1 bunny per 1 day. Why can you spawn them without any wait time forever? 

Finding gears does not need ruins - floaty boaty knights are absurdly easy to kill. Ice can be gotten by literally standing in your base and collecting hail. Fertilizing and cooking coffee takes time and effort for only a speed bonus and it never goes away. Just like fish farms give you food but you have to WAIT. Fire farms remove the wait which makes them overpowered and a blatant exploit. 

Unlike coffee fire farms are based an a bug in the game. Pig or Bunny houses have a respawn timer when an inhabitant is killed. For some reason if the house is on fire - this doesn't trigger. I wouldn't mind them at all if you could only kill 1 pig per 3 days or 1 bunny per 1 day. Why can you spawn them without any wait time forever? 

Finding gears does not need ruins - floaty boaty knights are absurdly easy to kill. Ice can be gotten by literally standing in your base and collecting hail. Fertilizing and cooking coffee takes time and effort for only a speed bonus and it never goes away. Just like fish farms give you food but you have to WAIT. Fire farms remove the wait which makes them overpowered and a blatant exploit. 

I'm tired of this argument but I can explain fire farms the reason why pigs and bunnymen respawn is because when they die to get sent back to their house setting a house on fire will always make them leave even if they are "dead" this is why hammering down a house will also spawn a pig or bunnyman if it was killed

Sure - this may be the case but it is a bug. It is not how they are intended to work. As long as they give the respawn time after a follower is killed - I would be ok with everything else. But smouldering will still be very beneficial to single player. I hope they add it anyway. 

Does anyone know a command to disable Aporkalypse? I really don't want to bother with any of it - and I don't wont to risk dying every 61 days traversing through ruins to find some calendar. 

I really just want to make my home base and see how fancy I can get. 

5 hours ago, Warplord said:

Sure - this may be the case but it is a bug. It is not how they are intended to work. As long as they give the respawn time after a follower is killed - I would be ok with everything else. But smouldering will still be very beneficial to single player. I hope they add it anyway. 

Eh, if you don't like it, don't use it. Btw fire farms can still work with smoldering.

8 minutes ago, 4 Da LOLs said:

What is Q. O. L. stand for?

all i can infer is that it is singleplayer dst

It's not really a "dst solo", only Dst things added to Hamlet to improve the quality of life of the player. And I think getting on the Beefalos to go faster is just great.

Archived