DST in December and the New Year!

Nah, that was the point. The Telelocator Staff doesn't even have its other effects when in the caves in DST; it used to cause earthquakes, too.
Teleporting in Caves doesn't work, which, yea, it's one place where that effect might actually be useful...but it currently just doesn't happen down there.
One of the remaining uses of the Telelocator isn't useful due to the required time sink and the idea that you probably took care of anything the staff might've helped with long before you obtain enough gems, and the other use is exploity.

A straight lightning staff that works everywhere would be useful, at least.

2 hours ago, lifetheuniverse said:

Nah, that was the point. The Telelocator Staff doesn't even have its other effects when in the caves in DST; it used to cause earthquakes, too.
Teleporting in Caves doesn't work, which, yea, it's one place where that effect might actually be useful...but it currently just doesn't happen down there.
One of the remaining uses of the Telelocator isn't useful due to the required time sink and the idea that you probably took care of anything the staff might've helped with long before you obtain enough gems, and the other use is exploity.

A straight lightning staff that works everywhere would be useful, at least.

A straight lightning staff? As in a new addition to the elemental staffs? I don't think that would happen as the yellow gem is already used by the starcaller's staff. Every gem has its own unique staff and amulet, won't it be weird that yellow gem has 2 staffs instead of one? I understand what you mean. I think that DST's magic is more focused on utility and melee. TBH i have actually tried a magic playthrough before. It only worked well with wicker due to her books. Can you enlighten me on the 'straight lightning staff '? Personally, it could mean anything. Do you mean a staff that only shoots lightning out of the sky and replaces the telestaff in non-pvp?

3 hours ago, Diaboliko said:

Im abusing path-finding on all creatures. It also is the thing that makes bee queen killable for me. I dont care about bees and bee boxes. I want all the content to become playable only the way it was intended to play (plus minus...). I am not fine with devs adding content only for it to never get polished (except for fuelweaver, though there is a well known bug with lureplant cheese which is related indirectly.)

I think if person desides to get angry at you, nothing could cool his wrath. If people deside to grief - they grief and you cant stop it. You can only rollback and minimize the damage done. Staff would at least get some valid purpose this way. To troll newbies that is. If you are the kind of person who runs public bases marked on the map on public servers - you are just wicked. It will make no change for casuals. It will let high-tier players to have some extra fun and, possibly, help people (teleport people to random location at winter for fun, or teleport them to telelocator point WHICH IS OTHERWISE ABSOLUTELY USELESS, GIGANTIC MAP TAKES JUST HALF A DAY TO RUN TROUGH). If you wanna protect your gems from newbies, dont do it by removing item recipies from the game, damn it!

Except that they can still get over them if path finding says there is no route towards the target.

This i do understand. But think about this for a while, since WHEN did DST have logic? I mean you have characters that never tire, pigs that can talk, a child inside a bug and more. All im saying is that while you're suggestions are good, but have you thought about other things? The problem right now is that you don't care. You only want a raid boss harder/fixed. But have you thought about other players? Other bases? Whatever happens when bees get coded that way? Im sure the developers have thought about that. In fact walling the grumble bees is a strategy, it utilises the player's mind to manipulate the game's mechanics. This is included in alot of the game. Willow teaches you to manipulate sanity. To use it to survive the seasons. Don't even say she's bad or that she teaches players to fear insanity. Instead she teaches you to be sane in winter and insane in summer. Wolfgang however teaches you to manipulate hunger mechanics. To stay in his wimpy form as long as possible to reduce hunger loss.

I like what they are doing. I am willing to sacrafice any new skins for the next half a year for some new permanent content coming to DST. The game just doesn't seem like it is progressing that much. The gorge and forge content could be added to actual survival mode.

14 hours ago, lifetheuniverse said:

Yea, I meant getting rid of the Telelocator Staff and repurposing the current Telelocator Staff assets to make a straight Lightning Staff.
Zapination Staff?
Biribiri Staff?

That is ok, but would be hard to justify using a purple gem for a lightning thing instead of yellow gem tho. I mean all the lightning stuff has yellow things as ingredients. Would be weird to have a lightning thing have no yellow ingredients lol.

I actually like the Telelocator staff. I have a basalt set piece I've turned into a player prison for visitors that want to be a nuisance. If they decide to stay they are basically in time out as they wait to go insane and usually die to the nightmares before they can move the statues in time. I couldn't do that without the Telelocator staff. 

13 hours ago, Booklover said:

That is ok, but would be hard to justify using a purple gem for a lightning thing instead of yellow gem tho. I mean all the lightning stuff has yellow things as ingredients. Would be weird to have a lightning thing have no yellow ingredients lol.

yellow gems are sunlight though
shadows ie purple gems have an association with lightning

4 hours ago, Diaboliko said:

Meanwhile yellow gems are good, purple ones are still useful and orange gems are straight up garbage.

Orange gems are garbage?

What about the lazy deserter who lets you teleport instantly to anywhere on the map when another player is there?

And the lazy explorer that you can use to telepoof out of dangerous situations or telepoof to the Atrium instead of killing the big tentacles?

Or the lazy forager that you need to gather the valuable resources that spawn on the cave holes?

How can you say that these items are garbage?

18 hours ago, Fjedjik said:

Orange gems are garbage?

What about the lazy deserter who lets you teleport instantly to anywhere on the map when another player is there?

And the lazy explorer that you can use to telepoof out of dangerous situations or telepoof to the Atrium instead of killing the big tentacles?

Or the lazy forager that you need to gather the valuable resources that spawn on the cave holes?

How can you say that these items are garbage?

Lazy deserter requires just a few, same about the cane. You can acquire a lot more then you will spend on that. Also by the summer you can easily have 3 dflies killed, which is at least 3 gems (and you are likely to get some in ruins). Meh.

Big tentacles are not a problem. Though most of players will never figure out the proper ways of doing things right. But sometimes that comes handy, sure. Im getting orange stuff for weaver anyway. Its not a must for wolfgang, but It takes lots of kills to stop making mistakes there.

Stuff from cave holes does not worth your time. Unless you have done everything you can and killed all bosses a few times so they all are waiting to be respawned.  Cheaper(time-wise and, by thus, alot more efficient) to just kill dfly, and more profitable if you use posh strat that lets you acquire about 2 stacks of stones from every kill (unless you wanna grind stone, but why would you need more than that..? Moonstone is much more posh, though the best way of getting it is a full moon event. I so wish iridiscent gems were useful). I wish lazy forager allowed at least picking up stones that fall on you during the earthquake, would have made it somewhat decent to carry? i mean its still of super little use, but I'll bring it to toad fight because he drops plenty over the course of the fight (kinda useless, but nice long-term?). Falling stones are not a big issue, but I would like extra opportunity to save more gems from being destroyed (ye, get 40/40 red&blue gems and keep carrying them because you can). Greedy stuff. :) Having lazy forager being ancient tech is kinda meh.

I still hate never recieving any feedback on suggestions/salt and bug reports. I don't expect devs to make reading forums their main job, but I thought they had someone responsible for the community talks and making good name on forums. Ain't like such person can't abruptly put an extra line to dialog with devs just to hear out their thoughts.:/

26 minutes ago, Diaboliko said:

I still hate never recieving any feedback on suggestions/salt and bug reports. I don't expect devs to make reading forums their main job, but I thought they had someone responsible for the community talks and making good name on forums. Ain't like such person can't abruptly put an extra line to dialog with devs just to hear out their thoughts.:/

While they do read the forums regularly, they rarely post, especially regarding community feedback. Most of the time they are writing only about announcements, technical support of neutral topics. I believe the reason is that they don't want to influence the community's feedback, not even indirectly. Also, if a dev would like someone's suggestion/feedback, many people could confuse that with an official developer statement, which would then lead to disappointment.

It's not that they can't leave a comment to such topics, they just don't want to.

Lack of answer in this case seems more displeasing than any official kind of answer telling "we cant or dont wanna disclose/comment on that". I lost my faith in devs a while ago. I know they will continue to work on a game, but I don't think I will stick long enough to see it. Its a wide thing to discuss, but Im confident that this game has very little replayability due to amout of unfinished and imbalanced stuff once you start reliably besting it in most of aspects. Still can use it as a sandbox and alike, but I think if that would be the case Ill just roll with some minecraft with sorcery-themed mods which I will have real fun&satisfaction with.

Mods could help, but theres little of hardcore players who perform modding (especially open to public). And people are quite reluctant on joining servers with a bunch of modes. Best option would be a creation of whole modpack projects (while keeping the modularity of mods), but does anyone find dst insides pretty? Such a team would probably never gather up.

18 hours ago, Petit Citron said:

Anyone knows when the Forge skins will not be available anymore ?

16 hours ago, crystal_clodet said:

they said they would announce when it would end

Here's the quote:

On 12/3/2018 at 8:25 PM, V2C said:

We have decided to not bring down the The Forge Collections this time. So if you didn't have a chance to pick them up when the event was live, you still have a chance. We'll let you all know if we decide to bring them down again in the future.

Archived