Recommended Posts

Well, the new lore is probably going to be revealed "very soon" ;) But what about some speculation? I always wanted Charlie to be a playable character and I am pretty sure that I am not the only person that would love to see her playable. What if we get a new DST "Adventure Mode" when we try to Don't Starve just TO-GET-HER? :D When we reach the throne, her personalities could split once again and fight each other even though they are "balanced" in some kind of way. Charlie has been used enough, wasn't she? Metheus already got the power from the Gateway to live on her own and  maybe decides to leave Charlie? Why not? She could take the throne herself and summon The Ancients once again like The Ancient King said - "They are coming, it cannot be stopped." Charlie will be pushed to the Constant where she meets her new companions... that she wanted to kill... *same reaction when WIlson meets Maxwell after the Adventure mode is completed.*
Conclusion: And then we have Metheus on the throne! Only her! Noone else! The world could get the new ruins expansion and the existing world could get darker with additional Shadow Creatures! And we get "Charlie the Assistant" without her shadow powers added to the game.

What do you think?

Edited by StrangeChameleon
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Daniel86268    252

Not sure about Charlie being a playable character, since it'd throw over a lot of the normal DS(T) gameplay lore.

Just think about the night monster. Remember? That's Charlie. Either she has to be replaced, which would throw over Winona's Perk, because she only knows Charlie, and not all Shadow Monsters, and also Maxwell's speech line when he is about to hit by Charlie.

Also there are some theories saying that the ancient guardian is Metheus. Dunno if true or false, but something to keep in mind.

On the other hand there is something going on with the portal. -> Wilson built the Jury Rigged portal, which got reconstructed by Charlie to be the Florid postern, and now we are able to rebuilt it to the Celestial Portal. Might just be me though.

If you wanna play Charlie, just grab Winona and slap the Charlie Roseate skin on her.

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Daniel86268 said:

Not sure about Charlie being a playable character, since it'd throw over a lot of the normal DS(T) gameplay lore.

Just think about the night monster. Remember? That's Charlie. Either she has to be replaced, which would throw over Winona's Perk, because she only knows Charlie, and not all Shadow Monsters, and also Maxwell's speech line when he is about to hit by Charlie.

Also there are some theories saying that the ancient guardian is Metheus. Dunno if true or false, but something to keep in mind.

On the other hand there is something going on with the portal. -> Wilson built the Jury Rigged portal, which got reconstructed by Charlie to be the Florid postern, and now we are able to rebuilt it to the Celestial Portal. Might just be me though.

If you wanna play Charlie, just grab Winona and slap the Charlie Roseate skin on her.

The best theory in my opinion is the one made made by Zeklo when he says that the Metheus is Ancient Queen which is too damn correct. Feel free to watch video. The Shadow Monster Is a Metheus that controls Charlie. I mean, the Winona quote could be like "I see you learned some moves from my sister? Sadly I know them too!" Maxwell's one could be like - "You aren't Charlie?! But I feel a strange simillarity between you both!" Problem solved! And I hate Winona...

1 minute ago, Szczuku said:

I think that b4 anything big happenes we'll have Winter's Feast 1st

Correct :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tapirus    367

Well, in the Metheus Puzzle we can see something like a King and Queen along with a lot of followers. Then, dealing eventually with the shadows, where some ones are killed and others absorbed. Looks like the "queen" was corrupted to be a shadow, unlike the king (¿who is used to make work the Shadow Throne?).

Spoiler

1.png.f3a5267ceb5d7bf2ae394f5c9c298bd3.png.31818855510c05f8030c7e83811a4e89.thumb.png.1fd390fba84fca3c066af280c1c36828.png58e8edcf0f7b8_mural2.png.494b499e3da67f8e3144f2be93d28d39.thumb.png.2c347650c9a4b5e83e8f6e16e64e05f6.pngobelisk3.png.8d7e0179eceb3bb671853390711bfd6e.thumb.png.df713f2613331bc8e9adbf2a96deaec0.pngobelisk4.png.5f8e82fb5bd5738d42f83089e7142ad7.thumb.png.79b38b8cbd35e74afd4a84657305808f.png

 

Edited by Tapirus
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tapirus said:

Well, in the Metheus Puzzle we can see something like a King and Queen along with a lot of followers. Then, dealing eventually with the shadows, where some ones are killed and others absorbed. Looks like the "queen" was corrupted to be a shadow, unlike the king (¿who is used to make work the Shadow Throne?).

  Reveal hidden contents

1.png.f3a5267ceb5d7bf2ae394f5c9c298bd3.png.31818855510c05f8030c7e83811a4e89.thumb.png.1fd390fba84fca3c066af280c1c36828.png58e8edcf0f7b8_mural2.png.494b499e3da67f8e3144f2be93d28d39.thumb.png.2c347650c9a4b5e83e8f6e16e64e05f6.pngobelisk3.png.8d7e0179eceb3bb671853390711bfd6e.thumb.png.df713f2613331bc8e9adbf2a96deaec0.pngobelisk4.png.5f8e82fb5bd5738d42f83089e7142ad7.thumb.png.79b38b8cbd35e74afd4a84657305808f.png

 

That's actually a good point! Metheus might manipulate Charlie BUT who then manipulates Metheus? O_o That's even deeper.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tapirus    367
1 hour ago, StrangeChameleon said:

That's actually a good point! Metheus might manipulate Charlie BUT who then manipulates Metheus? O_o That's even deeper.

Are you suggesting that maybe the shadows come from ANOTHER world, beyond the Constant (and Hub)? Sounds interesting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
axxel    379

It's hard to tell that @Tapirus' theory could work. But it was the ancient staff bearer who seems to mourn loss, he would have a motive to revive/rescue his partner (if she was able to survive). But using the power which took everything? MMmmmm... 

By judging the pictures of the obelisk, it seems the gates look a bit different to the 'broken' one we could find in the ruins. Maybe Charlie tries to repair it to its original form.

Just as Tapirus said, the shadows could came from the other world-

Spoiler

image.png.32cdc266dca8d0141be2f1113603c244.png

I suspect it has something to do with the eyeball thing we could see in the Metheus puzzle and on the Portal Paraphenalia. And judging by one of the Forge Portrait descriptions, the survivors were taken to the Forge by mistake. The true destination might be a shadow world.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, axxel said:

It's hard to tell that @Tapirus' theory could work. But it was the ancient staff bearer who seems to mourn loss, he would have a motive to revive/rescue his partner (if she was able to survive). But using the power which took everything? MMmmmm... 

By judging the pictures of the obelisk, it seems the gates look a bit different to the 'broken' one we could find in the ruins. Maybe Charlie tries to repair it to its original form.

Just as Tapirus said, the shadows could came from the other world-

  Hide contents

image.png.32cdc266dca8d0141be2f1113603c244.png

I suspect it has something to do with the eyeball thing we could see in the Metheus puzzle and on the Portal Paraphenalia. And judging by one of the Forge Portrait descriptions, the survivors were taken to the Forge by mistake. The true destination might be a shadow world.

Yeah, Winona arrived to the Constant in a rescue mission through this Gateway if I am not wrong. Also the survivors use it to enter the Forge and then Gorge. What could be next? Like devs said - "They have to work together if they want to come back home." But what do they call home? The Constant or their real home? That's the question! I hope for something like merging worlds. Imagine Pugna getting his way to the Constant + Billy and Mumsy. We get to the throne room together and defeat Charlie once and for all with ALL of these Pugna's troops. Doesn't it sound interesting?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
__IvoCZE__    1,209
18 minutes ago, axxel said:

 

  Hide contents

image.png.32cdc266dca8d0141be2f1113603c244.png

I suspect it has something to do with the eyeball thing we could see in the Metheus puzzle and on the Portal Paraphenalia. And judging by one of the Forge Portrait descriptions, the survivors were taken to the Forge by mistake. The true destination might be a shadow world.

that was winona teaser

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tapirus    367
56 minutes ago, axxel said:

It's hard to tell that @Tapirus' theory could work. But it was the ancient staff bearer who seems to mourn loss, he would have a motive to revive/rescue his partner (if she was able to survive). But using the power which took everything? MMmmmm... 

By judging the pictures of the obelisk, it seems the gates look a bit different to the 'broken' one we could find in the ruins. Maybe Charlie tries to repair it to its original form.

Just as Tapirus said, the shadows could came from the other world-

  Reveal hidden contents

image.png.32cdc266dca8d0141be2f1113603c244.png

I suspect it has something to do with the eyeball thing we could see in the Metheus puzzle and on the Portal Paraphenalia. And judging by one of the Forge Portrait descriptions, the survivors were taken to the Forge by mistake. The true destination might be a shadow world.

 

Spoiler

hqdefault.jpg.9405a16b941d4489622c52424614b66a.jpg

The ancient staff bearer must be a king, and maybe the "cane" actually is the staff.

Also, Im agreed about the broken Portal Paraphenalia. The true destination is actually a TRULY EVIL place.

Edited by Tapirus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
axxel    379
44 minutes ago, __IvoCZE__ said:

that was winona teaser

I doubt that. There is a much higher possibilty that Winona just came through the Florid Postern and  I can not recognize Winona in 'What lies beyond'. Well, Klei didn't really bring an intruction trailor for Winona.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GenomeSquirrel    111

I assumed Metheus was just a Prometheus reference, stealing fire from the gods for human (Prometheus was the creator of humans) advancement vs stealing nightmare fuel from ??? for the ancient's advancement; both with tragic consequences for the theif.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quoth143    11,703

Even if her name doesn't start with a W or M, I'd still want her to be playable. To me it's a minor detail that can be overlooked on occasion since it technically started as a minor detail that the devs only noticed after a few characters were implemented. For all we know, Miss Wickerbottom's first name doesn't start with a W either. 

I'd really like to see what Charlie could bring to gameplay as a survivor but I don't expect her to be playable soon. We'd still have to reach the throne room. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Szczuku    4,235
6 hours ago, FuffledBeeQueen said:

The main issue is, if Charlie is free, there is nobody on the Throne
AND HER FRIGGIN' NAME DOESN'T START WITH W, IT WOULD BE THE END OF THE WORLD

Klei could always just hit a fat dab on them haters and give her a surname that starts with W

Wickerbottom is a good example.

Although they probably won't do it cuz who'd be the monster then?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quoth143    11,703
12 minutes ago, Szczuku said:

Klei could always just hit a fat dab on them haters and give her a surname that starts with W

Wickerbottom is a good example.

Although they probably won't do it cuz who'd be the monster then?

It's also not necessarily bringing a new character out of nowhere either. Charlie has been pivotal to the lore since her character was revealed way back in Don't Starve's development. 

Also whose to say that Charlie won't have night monster abilities? Maybe something else will lurk in the dark. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Zeklo    12,779

Winona is pretty much bootleg Charlie, and I'd find it odd to have the two in one place. Maxwell and Abigail is one thing because the connection isn't as apparent, but Winona literally came to the constant for Charlie. I dunno, feels off.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tapirus    367
8 hours ago, GenomeSquirrel said:

I assumed Metheus was just a Prometheus reference, stealing fire from the gods for human (Prometheus was the creator of humans) advancement vs stealing nightmare fuel from ??? for the ancient's advancement; both with tragic consequences for the theif.

Exactly, the "king" would make a lot of things more fast and easy (harvest food, get minerals, summon special beings for extra works and make special tools) thanks to the access of shadows. Some time later, everything went wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
__IvoCZE__    1,209
19 hours ago, axxel said:

I doubt that. There is a much higher possibilty that Winona just came through the Florid Postern and  I can not recognize Winona in 'What lies beyond'. Well, Klei didn't really bring an intruction trailor for Winona.

image.png.32cdc266dca8d0141be2f1113603c244.jpg.09dc36b55363d8730730eea000ab2227.jpg

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shenanigans amidst the Metheus puzzle theorizing craze brought me to believe that the Ancient Fuelweaver is the King (the first one to sit on the throne), while Charlie's 'dark' half is the Queen, having been corrupted/consumed by Them at the end of the Fall.

Anyway. It could work out pretty well if she's split from her dark half, that half continues to be the night monster, and Winona's darkness perk is dropped in favor of giving her an actual character trait.

Edited by lifetheuniverse
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
axxel    379
26 minutes ago, lifetheuniverse said:

Shenanigans amidst the Metheus puzzle theorizing craze brought me to believe that the Ancient Fuelweaver is the King (the first one to sit on the throne), while Charlie's 'dark' half is the Queen, having been corrupted/consumed by Them at the end of the Fall.

Anyway. It could work out pretty well if she's split from her dark half, that half continues to be the night monster, and Winona's darkness perk is dropped in favor of giving her an actual character trait.

Good theory. However, the Ancient Fuelweaver itself isn't the same species (kinda mammal) like the Ancients (the bug people). But it could be possible that the Shadow Atrium belongs to the King or the Queen, and planting the heart in the Skeleton is infusing the soul into the skeletal vessel. There are several ways to explain whose heart is belonging to: Since the torch bearer didn't survive it her heart could become it. But the speech of the Ancient Fuelweaver seems to imply that's the King ("I was wrong", etc.). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FuffledBeeQueen    1,034
11 hours ago, Quoth143 said:

It's also not necessarily bringing a new character out of nowhere either. Charlie has been pivotal to the lore since her character was revealed way back in Don't Starve's development. 

Also whose to say that Charlie won't have night monster abilities? Maybe something else will lurk in the dark. 

A lot of people speculate that Charlie is now 2 people, something from the shadows inside charlie's body with charlie herself.
So technically if Charlie were to be somehow free'd, the shadow part would most likely be gone and roam the night

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now