Shine bug spam - decor, eggs, power.....

Hi all

i set small experiment  for "open air ranching" with shine bugs, - set 2 ranching station with feeders on open air.

Results:

+

tons of eggs

"total" decor bonus - my base covered by shine bugs with > + 100  decor bonus

light - near feeders and stations i have constantly > 20k lux not matter day / night - its really possible to set  solar batteries and get easy power without space and generators(no need for steel on early phase)

-

now i have >200 SB on "open air" without fps drop, but i fear that performance cap near....

4 hours ago, SakuraKoi said:

that's because the human eye can only see 25 FPS and 16:9.

Sorry but you're slightly wrong. Human brain can perceive more than 25fps but 25 is enough for the brain to fill in the ''gaps'' to make it look ''smooth''. Aspect ratio is 5:3 but it's almost 16:9. 5:3 = 15:9 :wilson_wink:

1 hour ago, Yoma_Nosme said:

Sorry but you're slightly wrong. Human brain can perceive more than 25fps but 25 is enough for the brain to fill in the ''gaps'' to make it look ''smooth''. Aspect ratio is 5:3 but it's almost 16:9. 5:3 = 15:9 :wilson_wink:

Some brains seem to run on 1 FPS..

8 hours ago, SakuraKoi said:

that's because the human eye can only see 25 FPS and 16:9.

That's not strictly true.  When monitors and TV's were CRT, there was a good way to tell whether a TV or monitor had a refresh rate of 50 or 60hz.

If you look directly at the CRT TV/Monitor, you won't see any discernible flicker, however, if you look slightly to the side, you will notice the flicker if the screen is running at 50hz, where as a 60hz screen, there will be no flicker. This can also be applied to LED light bulbs, if you look slightly to one side, using your peripheral vision, you will see whether it's working at 50 or 60 hz.

Your brain fills the gaps in your main vision to smooth out the flicker, but it doesn't do the same for your peripheral vision.

Archived