• The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.

2 Screenshots

About This File

This is Beatrice. The commander of bees. The walking beehive. The humble bumble. The embodiment of everything that is the wonderful world of bees.

Stats:

-Hunger: 100

-Sanity: 50

-Health: 75

-Can eat honeycombs.

-Gains an increased amount of hunger and health from honey and honeycombs.

-Cannot attack or be attacked by any bees.

-Bee Mines require slightly less resources.

-Can build Killer Bee Hives.

-All Killer Bee Hives are slightly more advanced and can now serve as guard towers.

-Bee Hives, Killer Bee Hives and Bee Boxes can be repaired with honey.

-Can build Honeycomb Walls.

-Can craft The Honey Ham Bat.

-Can craft The Sticky Stinger.

-Can craft The Servant Sack.

-Can craft The Reenforcement Antenna.

-Can craft The Flight of the Rumble Bee.

-Can craft The Royal Bug Net.

-Can clone herself.

-All bees work in the winter.

-Does 66% less damage.

-Cannot sleep.

-Cannot eat meat.

-Cannot go into the caves. Instead, the caves come to her.

-ANY bee's death will anger Krampus, more so if it's one of Beatrice's daughter bees.

-Talks in buzz's.

-Wears an adorable, yet tattered poodle skirt.

Spawns with:

-A honeycomb

-A beebox blueprint

-A board blueprint

-A bugnet blueprint

-A piece of rope

-3 butterflies

-2 homeless bees

Powers:

-Biological Beehive

-Bee Booster Pheromones

-Bee Mind Control Pheromone

Craftable Items:

-Cloned Larva

-Honeycomb Walls

-Honey Ham Bat

-The Sticky Stinger

-The Servant Sack

-The Reenforcement Antenna

-Flight of the Rumblebee

-The Royal Bug Net

If you would like to see the FAQ and in-depth descriptions for everything, then

>>click here<<

If you ask a question that is already on the FAQ, consider your question ignored. This means YOU.

If you are using Always On or any of the RPG HUD mods,

Try disabling the option, "Change Backgrounds".

If you have experienced a crash, please

>>click here<<

If the problem persists, please contact me with a link to your log file. Details on the log are covered in the troubleshooter link above.

If you have any issues, suggestions or comments, please feel free to leave them.

Concerning DST: See the FAQ.

What's New in Version 1.9354   See changelog

Released

No changelog available for this version.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Now that's not funny at all. I'm not going to download something I have no idea what it is about. And alot of other people would thik the same way, I assure you. So take your time making a lovely screenshots.

Also you definetly should remove cave restriction. What's fun to play a character, that missing half of the fun (if not more)?

• Like 5

Now that's not funny at all. I'm not going to download something I have no idea what it is about. And alot of other people would thik the same way, I assure you. So take your time making a lovely screenshots.

Also you definetly should remove cave restriction. What's fun to play a character, that missing half of the fun (if not more)?

Our opinions shall remain different.

I'm one of those people who disagree. If you read the description, you'll have a grand idea about this character.

Secondly, "So take your time making a lovely screenshots." This is extremely insulting, you are calling the maker of this mod who worked hard, indefinitely so, on making such a mod lazy and impatient towards making their mod. This is just a terribly rude thing to say. It's also answered in the FAQ well before your post. It was not a joke.

Finally, you realize he isn't about posting screenshots, don't you? Unless you didn't do your homework to check if he had any at all. There is a reason he does not put up screenshots.You're not going to buy Don't Starve for the characters, Are you? it's about the experience. This is a new character. Do you want to spoil the surprise of what he/she/they look(s) like? 

• Like 8

You're practically invincible with this character, I put on a log suit and watched a treeguard go down in less than 4 segments of a day. (Over the 3 bars in fullmoon's night) I don't see this character being a hard character to get down. Let the bees do your work, Make flowers,use em, make more. If anything even AGGROS you (deals 0 dmg), they are dead on sight.

This is a good character for beginning players and casuals alike.

I don't like the fact that she can't enter the caves.

Also what does NOTE: Because of how DS handles drops, this will also cause butterflies to drop 2 petals, in addition to their normal drops. mean? I don't get why making a crafting recipe for a mob will add drops to that mob.

You're practically invincible with this character, I put on a log suit and watched a treeguard go down in less than 4 segments of a day. (Over the 3 bars in fullmoon's night) I don't see this character being a hard character to get down. Let the bees do your work, Make flowers,use em, make more. If anything even AGGROS you (deals 0 dmg), they are dead on sight.

Then try fighting Dragonfly that way :)

Also why naming her Beatrice while all the characters' names start with W...

I don't like playing with characters whose name don't start with W...

I'm one of those people who disagree. If you read the description, you'll have a grand idea about this character.

Secondly, "So take your time making a lovely screenshots." This is extremely insulting, you are calling the maker of this mod who worked hard, indefinitely so, on making such a mod lazy and impatient towards making their mod. This is just a terribly rude thing to say. It's also answered in the FAQ well before your post. It was not a joke.

Finally, you realize he isn't about posting screenshots, don't you? Unless you didn't do your homework to check if he had any at all. There is a reason he does not put up screenshots.You're not going to buy Don't Starve for the characters, Are you? it's about the experience. This is a new character. Do you want to spoil the surprise of what he/she/they look(s) like? 

Oh give me a break, rude? 

Giving a suggestion/advice is hardly rude behavior.

And in this case the person is clearly right. In business this is something we call "Product Knowledge" , look it up.

Rarely in the business world will people buy a product or use a product when they don't exactly know what they are getting. This is something you learn in marketing 101, i should know, I have taught those classes to undergrads. 

Do you ever see car advertisements that just give the specs of a car but no pictures? How about a food advertisement that just lists the ingredients? You will rarely see that because it will not sell the product to the consumers, unless you have created a brand name that has already gained the trust of the consumers. 

Now in this instance we are modding and we do it for fun but we clearly want people to use what we have created, so a little basic marketing skills can go a long way to expose others  to what you have put a lot of hard work into creating.

So in the end, the SUGGESTION to upload screenshots was a good suggestion if the creator does want to expose his creation to more people.

• Like 1

stuff

Ok give me a break. Your business rules do not apply when there is no business. We, as developers, indefinitely do not  respect end-customers, we deal with them in nice fashion because they pay our bills. We do not put up with PR-friendly attitude towards people lacking the will to RTFM because we're born nice and friendly. If there's nothing to sell, then there's nothing to gain by losing one's patience on those types.

We do not necesarily make things because we want other people to use it. We may, you know, make it for our own enjoyment, and then decide to share it with others, so they can use it if they chose so. Wether he decides to care about popularity contests or epeen here is fully his choice. And if he decides he does not, he gets nothing but respect from me for that.

You might want to save your business speech for where it's actually applicable.

• Like 2

Ok give me a break. Your business rules do not apply when there is no business. We, as developers, indefinitely do not  respect end-customers, we deal with them in nice fashion because they pay our bills. We do not put up with PR-friendly attitude towards people lacking the will to RTFM because we're born nice and friendly. If there's nothing to sell, then there's nothing to gain by losing one's patience on those types.

We do not necesarily make things because we want other people to use it. We may, you know, make it for our own enjoyment, and then decide to share it with others, so they can use it if they chose so. Wether he decides to care about popularity contests or epeen here is fully his choice. And if he decides he does not, he gets nothing but respect from me for that.

You might want to save your business speech for where it's actually applicable.

The rules of marketing definitely apply here whether or not you want them to. 

Of course we make these mods to enjoy ourselves but most of us also want others to enjoy them as well as ourselves or we would not be posting them for the public to download. 

The fact of the matter is that that suggestion was

1. not rude

2. it was correct, IF they want to expose their mod to a larger amount of players.

Thank you VERY much! You hit the nail right on the head with that one. I put a LOT of work into this and to say it's not good enough because there are no screenshots can't be taken as anything but an insult. I'm glad someone can see this. I want to expand on what you said though. Not only does it insult me but I'm also morally opposed to screenshots. All they do is create expectations and allow people to prejudge. What if everyone here was judged entirely on their display picture? Everything Getura ever said would be overlooked and instead he/she would be mocked over and over until he/she got one. And even then the comments of everyone with a better looking display picture would be taken more seriously. Does that sound fair at all? To me it's not about how things look but how they play. If you try it and decide you don't like it, then you have the best reason in the world to hate it and I could never be upset with that.

great mod she is pretty balanced and have cute design

Very good for frist character mod

It's not my first.

I guess you could say.... I'm still working some of the gameplay... *double sunglasses* bugs out. In all seriousness, I was undecided on whether or not I should lower her health and sanity. A lower sanity would mean she would become insane faster, and since hallucinations can't be targeted by anything but the player, this would mean she would have to fight them all on her own. A lower health could make combat in this area fatal. But then again, with the possibility of so many homeless bees running about, she could easily keep picking flowers if she ever became insane. Which would mean I should lower sanity and health. But that may not be such a great idea either because a large portion of the gameplay would be flower management and I question how fun that would be. I'm still leaning towards at least lower sanity but as far as health goes, just as an example, one hit from a tallbird does 50 damage and spiders do 20, so it's a delicate ecosystem. Anyways, what I'm saying is I'm not quite done yet.

I don't like the fact that she can't enter the caves.

Also what does NOTE: Because of how DS handles drops, this will also cause butterflies to drop 2 petals, in addition to their normal drops. mean? I don't get why making a crafting recipe for a mob will add drops to that mob.

That's just the way Don't Starve works. If you make a new recipe for anything, when that thing is destroyed, it automatically drops half of it's recipe's cost, rounded up.

And in this case the person is clearly right. In business this is something we call "Product Knowledge" , look it up.

Rarely in the business world will people buy a product or use a product when they don't exactly know what they are getting. This is something you learn in marketing 101, i should know, I have taught those classes to undergrads.

Do you ever see car advertisements that just give the specs of a car but no pictures? How about a food advertisement that just lists the ingredients? You will rarely see that because it will not sell the product to the consumers, unless you have created a brand name that has already gained the trust of the consumers.

Now in this instance we are modding and we do it for fun but we clearly want people to use what we have created, so a little basic marketing skills can go a long way to expose others to what you have put a lot of hard work into creating.

So in the end, the SUGGESTION to upload screenshots was a good suggestion if the creator does want to expose his creation to more people.

Business implies profit. There's no profit in this for me so your argument is invalid. That is, unless you want to pay me... Also, I don't think anything in life should use the business world as their design model. There's more to the world and life than how many digits are in their bank accounts. Especially since life doesn't have one.
  • Like 2

Are we seriously arguing about the lack of screenshots?  It takes like five minutes to download and install the mod.  And if you don't even want to do that, just go on youtube and look for a review or something.

• Like 2

Now in this instance we are modding and we do it for fun but we clearly want people to use what we have created, so a little basic marketing skills can go a long way to expose others  to what you have put a lot of hard work into creating.

I don't see anyone getting paid here. "Product knowledge", don't bull"crap"(for the site's sake) yourself. You don't need that here. You see a mod, okay, they AREN'T MADE FOR OTHER PEOPLE solely for the purpose of selling a PRODUCT. What we have is what would closely relate to people putting up their images on DeviantArt. We aren't buying a car, just using a mod that can be as easily thrown out as it was downloaded. Don't even ask about wasting time. What are you doing on a forum site, if so?

The closest you could get to making this a marketable item is putting on your resume as something you did. The part about adding a screenshot and getting a little knowledge on this one person is the reason why the following shouldn't have even taken your time to write.

"So in the end, the SUGGESTION to upload screenshots was a good suggestion if the creator does want to expose his creation to more people."

If you looked at the description, you'll see that the above states that he won't add screenshots; trying to push him against his will IS RUDE. He's said more than once why he does not put them there in the first place. I'll thank anyone to do a little more research about how the, in this case, "COMPANY" goes about doing their FREE business. 

"Now in this instance we are modding and we do it for fun but we clearly want people to use what we have created..."

This "we" doesn't incorporate everyone, don't act like it does.

This little part here is most nonsensical thing you've said:

"Do you ever see car advertisements that just give the specs of a car but no pictures? How about a food advertisement that just lists the ingredients? You will rarely see that because it will not sell the product to the consumers, unless you have created a brand name that has already gained the trust of the consumers. "

This just doesn't apply EVER. These things you should know seemed to fallen apart at the seams. I'll thank you to readjust your mindset to include those who are not making a profit; and not those illegally doing so as the Terms & Conditions state in point 24CHANGES TO GAME.

Are we seriously arguing about the lack of screenshots?  It takes like five minutes to download and install the mod.  And if you don't even want to do that, just go on youtube and look for a review or something.

You said it best, Debulman. For that, you get a like, *hands you a like from across the internet so you can't drag me to hell*

I don't see anyone getting paid here. "Product knowledge", don't bull"crap"(for the site's sake) yourself. You don't need that here. You see a mod, okay, they AREN'T MADE FOR OTHER PEOPLE solely for the purpose of selling a PRODUCT. What we have is what would closely relate to people putting up their images on DeviantArt. We aren't buying a car, just using a mod that can be as easily thrown out as it was downloaded. Don't even ask about wasting time. What are you doing on a forum site, if so?

The closest you could get to making this a marketable item is putting on your resume as something you did. The part about adding a screenshot and getting a little knowledge on this one person is the reason why the following shouldn't have even taken your time to write.

If you looked at the description, you'll see that the above states that he won't add screenshots; trying to push him against his will IS RUDE. He's said more than once why he does not put them there in the first place. I'll thank anyone to do a little more research about how the, in this case, "COMPANY" goes about doing their FREE business. 

This "we" doesn't incorporate everyone, don't act like it does.

This little part here is most nonsensical thing you've said:

This just doesn't apply EVER. These things you should know seemed to fallen apart at the seams. I'll thank you to readjust your mindset to include those who are not making a profit; and not those illegally doing so as the Terms & Conditions state in point 24CHANGES TO GAME.

business is profit? how about non profit orgs??

Of course I saw that the author said they were not going to add SS, it's the point that YOU said it was rude to suggest that they do, and that is not rude to make a suggestion that is correct.

Marketing is marketing, whether it is for a profit or not. 

And this "we" you talk about, was I talking to you? I was replying to my partner...

If you look at what I said, bah, 

sorry, I'm not going to argue with a child.

Windows users are inherently suspicious of links and downloads. This may be presumptuous speculation so forgive me if I'm reading too deep into this. But in actuality, I don't think people are arguing about screenshots so much as they are about trust and maybe laziness. Once Windows users see how dangerous the internet can be for them, it's very hard for them to break that distrust so they rely on other things to provide credibility. In this situation, that means screenshots. I'm fairly certain my mods are suffering because of the lack of screenshots but I still won't add them. The only time I have or will is when something is particularly funny/informative or if the mod is actually designed with the focus on graphics, which few are. But like I said, this is all speculation. Oh and for those of you who think mods are credible when they have screenshots, I give you the Gir character mod. It has a detailed description and plenty of screenshots but when you subscribe, nothing downloads. And it's been up since February 5th, lasted updated one day later. Score one for the home team! :razz:

• Like 1

Of course I saw that the author said they were not going to add SS, it's the point that YOU said it was rude to suggest that they do, and that is not rude to make a suggestion that is correct.

And this "we" you talk about, was I talking to you? I was replying to my partner...

I said it was rude too. Because it is. Just like it would be rude for someone to insist you use proper punctuation and spelling. Just like it would be rude if someone insisted you picked a less dorky screenname. Just like it would be rude if I deleted all of your comments. No matter how much I disagree with your opinions, I still respect them. It's my mod and how it's handled is left up to me so I would appreciate it if you respected mine as well. As far as "marketing" goes, let me worry about that. If I was worried about the overall popularity of my mods, which I'm not, then I would add screenshots. But I don't worry because I'm happy with the people who give my mods a chance. I would rather have the respect of a dozen people who take the time to read and look for functionality than a hundred who instantly turn away from a mod because it doesn't look pretty or there are no screenshots. And those who try my mods are usually pretty happy with them and that's what matters to me.

• Like 2

No, business is money/trade flow.(If you a more formal one, look it up.) Non-profit organizations still deal with money flow, they do use and keep money. (How they pay their "workers" who are not volunteering)

It has been agreed upon by at least 2 people, including the author, that it is rude. You need some manners taught to you, it seems. No means no.

Of course, you were obviously replying to your partner in a post that WAS "talking", if you would, to me.

I looked at what you said. If what you said isn't what you mean, then you need to learn to be more clear with your writing as to how you word your sentences. Your sentences may make sense to you, but you are the one who put meaning behind them.

I also, like how you jump to the conclusion that you are arguing with a child. I like it especially because you are trying to argue down three people who clearly disagree with what you say. Such a weak insult, but an insult nonetheless.

Too bad, I hate it when people stop arguing because they don't like what they hear or, in this case, read.

I also, like how you jump to the conclusion that you are arguing with a child. I like it especially because you are trying to argue down three people who clearly disagree with what you say. Such a weak insult, but an insult nonetheless.

Too bad, I hate it when people stop arguing because they don't like what they hear or, in this case, read.

lol I know right? It's almost ironic. "You're a child! I'm going to go pout in my room now cause your point of view compromises my own!"

• Like 1

lol I know right? It's almost ironic. "You're a child! I'm going to go pout in my room now cause your point of view compromises my own!"

Now, now, let's not go to that level. Let the man leave the argument. It could be reported as harassment from since the argument ended.

Though, I do agree. It is a stubborn and belligerent thing to do, but it's all good and over.