• The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.

6 Screenshots

About This File

My second ever mod character, brought back to be released! Also the inspiration for my now abandoned Wurbert character.

Here's a video of an earlier version by the brilliant Jon from Jardev!

Writhe is one of the shadow creatures, but he was mentally challenged, and could never fit in. So the others bullied him, trying to kill him off. Maxwell pitied Writhe, and defended him best he could. As he grew weaker, his last option was to send Writhe out into the open world, as far away from the other shadows as possible. Writhe sees Maxwell as his farther figure.

STATS:

-Health =120

-Hunger = 180, and can only eat meat and nightmare fuel.

-Sanity = 1, and constantly drains.

- Short vision

-Can't equip any hand-slot items due to him having blades for arms. Instead he has the armguards listed below.

+Walks 1.2 times normal speed.

+Teleports a short distance when attacked.

+Attacks deal more damage over time. Instead of attacking once, he jumps into the air and wildly slashes at enemies. While he does more damage, this can not be interrupted and leaves him vulnerable. He also does lots of damage unarmed.

Can examine shadow creatures!

Eating nightmare fuel will give back:

1 sanity

34 health

6 hunger

Items:

Daddy's Spare coat: The dapper coat Maxwell wears in adventure mode! While wearing it, Writhe will stop losing and gain sanity during the day, and the sanity loss during night is slowed by a lot.

Sack of Helpful goods: A sack that spawns next to him when a new game starts. Gives 3 charcoal, 2 meat, and the Divine-O-Pones in adventure.

Divine-O-Phones: Headphones he only gets in adventure mode. Not only do they tell you where the things are, you can also make them play music by right-clicking on them while they're equipped.

Rather Plain Armguards: Works as a mining pick and axe. Mines at 20% speed and chops at 30%. Very slow!

Swiss Arm-y Guards: Works as a mining pick, axe, and shovel. Mines at 30% speed and chops at 40% normal. Gives an extra 12 damage to your attacks. Still very slow. Requires science machine.

Kingly Armguards: Works as a mining pick, axe, hammer, and shovel. Mines at 50%, chops at 60%, hammers at 40%, and gives an extra 18 damage to your attacks. Requires Alchemy Engine

Handy Man's Maces: Works as a mining pick, axe, shovel, and hammer. Mines at 70%, chops at 80%, and hammers at 60%. Gives and extra 24 damage, and also functions as a divining rod. Requires a repaired Pseudo Science Station to craft. So you need to go to the ruins!

Flamey-Wamey Thingadoo: A long-lasting torch. Breaks after running out of fuel. You can also shoot fireballs at enemies to ignite them, but this uses a lot of fuel.

Mole-Whacker Mollet: Acts as a very weak hammer. Can also be used to whack moleworms. and pick them up to make the rain hat. Only available with Reign of Giants.

Sticky Snatchers: Act as a bugnet. Simple as that.

Known issues: If you quit and rejoin a save while wearing the Divine-O-Phones, you have to take them off and put them back on for the music to work.

• Like 4

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Pls, make a version for normal Don't Starve it's a excelent mod but pls make it for normal Don't Starve

but I'm using the "normal" dont starve without problems, so, it's something with your computer

Pls, make a version for normal Don't Starve it's a excelent mod but pls make it for normal Don't Starve

Yeah, it is compatible with both. It is either your computer, or your game.

Can you make a video or tell me how to download it? :S but thanks for answering ;)

• Like 1

Can you make a video or tell me how to download it? :S but thanks for answering ;)

It's like always, just download, extract the file the your "mods" folder inside the "Don't Starve" folder, and then enable the mod ingame, and, after it, apply(sorry if my english is bad, it's my second language)

It's like always, just download, extract the file the your "mods" folder inside the "Don't Starve" folder, and then enable the mod ingame, and, after it, apply(sorry if my english is bad, it's my second language)

You speak spanish? if you do, please tell me it in spanish and here is a note on spanish and english Lo que hago es llevar el archivo rar y luego lo extraigo ahí y despues voy a activarlo pero me dice que esta crasheado now english version What I do is take the zip file and then extract there and then I'm gonna turn it but it tells me that this crashed

1. Klei Entertainment Forums
  3. → Downloads
  5. → Don't Starve
  7. → Custom Character and Skins
  9. → Writhe, Maxwell's last friend

Submitter File Information
  • Submitted: Jun 27 2014 09:59 AM
  • Last Updated: Jun 27 2014 11:10 AM
  • File Size: 5.83MB
  • Views: 3621
  • Downloads: 1307
DownloadWrithe, Maxwell's last friend 1.0star.png star.png star.png star.png star.png 9 Votes 
[Reign of Giants] [Dont Starve- Base] 

thumb-44bbe330a77a51198a47fe9ce8c2ee20-f
My second ever mod character, brought back to be released! Also the inspiration for my now abandoned Wurbert character.

Here's a video of an earlier version by the brilliant Jon from Jardev!
Spoiler 

Writhe is one of the shadow creatures, but he was mentally challenged, and could never fit in. So the others bullied him, trying to kill him off. Maxwell pitied Writhe, and defended him best he could. As he grew weaker, his last option was to send Writhe out into the open world, as far away from the other shadows as possible. Writhe sees Maxwell as his farther figure.

STATS:
-Health =120
-Hunger = 180, and can only eat meat and nightmare fuel.
-Sanity = 1, and constantly drains.
- Short vision
-Can't equip any hand-slot items due to him having blades for arms. Instead he has the armguards listed below.

+Walks 1.2 times normal speed.
+Teleports a short distance when attacked.
+Attacks deal more damage over time. Instead of attacking once, he jumps into the air and wildly slashes at enemies. While he does more damage, this can not be interrupted and leaves him vulnerable. He also does lots of damage unarmed.

Can examine shadow creatures!

Eating nightmare fuel will give back:
1 sanity
34 health
6 hunger

Items:
Daddy's Spare coat: The dapper coat Maxwell wears in adventure mode! While wearing it, Writhe will stop losing and gain sanity during the day, and the sanity loss during night is slowed by a lot.

Sack of Helpful goods: A sack that spawns next to him when a new game starts. Gives 3 charcoal, 2 meat, and the Divine-O-Pones in adventure.

Divine-O-Phones: Headphones he only gets in adventure mode. Not only do they tell you where the things are, you can also make them play music by right-clicking on them while they're equipped.

Rather Plain Armguards: Works as a mining pick and axe. Mines at 20% speed and chops at 30%. Very slow!

Swiss Arm-y Guards: Works as a mining pick, axe, and shovel. Mines at 30% speed and chops at 40% normal. Gives an extra 12 damage to your attacks. Still very slow. Requires science machine.

Kingly Armguards: Works as a mining pick, axe, hammer, and shovel. Mines at 50%, chops at 60%, hammers at 40%, and gives an extra 18 damage to your attacks. Requires Alchemy Engine

Handy Man's Maces: Works as a mining pick, axe, shovel, and hammer. Mines at 70%, chops at 80%, and hammers at 60%. Gives and extra 24 damage, and also functions as a divining rod. Requires a repaired Pseudo Science Station to craft. So you need to go to the ruins!

Flamey-Wamey Thingadoo: A long-lasting torch. Breaks after running out of fuel. You can also shoot fireballs at enemies to ignite them, but this uses a lot of fuel.

Mole-Whacker Mollet: Acts as a very weak hammer. Can also be used to whack moleworms. and pick them up to make the rain hat. Only available with Reign of Giants.

Sticky Snatchers: Act as a bugnet. Simple as that.

Known issues: If you quit and rejoin a save while wearing the Divine-O-Phones, you have to take them off and put them back on for the music to work.

Screenshots
thumb-004eb7846d0490a3ac28c75e0cb674f3-d thumb-c247ef0a05a17555463d00b13450c9c8-p thumb-96768d6c4c85666c7a103dfc584f060d-h thumb-6df773e1d04a2f68707765ef3594a71a-i thumb-d8becb428fd8c22a4686965930cdb00b-b

• twitter.png
  •  
  •  
  •  
  • digg.png
  •  
  • delicious.png
  •  
  • reddit.png
  •  
  • stumble.png
  •  
  • email.png
  •  
  • print.png
  •  
  • download.png

Um Dude he cant eat cooked berries

And also what can he use as a weapon?

Sepopolis, on 27 Jun 2014 - 10:35 AM, said:

And also what can he use as a weapon?

Reading the description might help you find out about that and why he can't eat berries.

Great  mod Mr Tiddles, you rule!

Sepopolis, on 27 Jun 2014 - 10:23 AM, said:

Um Dude he cant eat cooked berries

He can only eat meat.

luivul, on 27 Jun 2014 - 12:37 PM, said:

He can only eat meat.

And nightmare fuel.

When will you upload this on workshop?

luivul, on 27 Jun 2014 - 4:47 PM, said:

When will you upload this on workshop?

Already have.

Ads by OnlineBrowserAdvertisingAd Options

default_large.png

• 561 Total Files
  •  
  • 13 Total Categories
  •  
  • 243 Total Authors
  •  
  • 1298208 Total Downloads
  •  
  • William Carter Latest File
  •  
  • Maximum124 Latest Submitter
  1. Klei Entertainment Forums
  3. → Downloads
  5. → Don't Starve
  7. → Custom Character and Skins
  9. → Writhe, Maxwell's last friend
  10. Privacy Policy
  11. Community Standards ·

When it says that Writhe can "examine shadow creatures" Is this hinting that Shadow Creatures do not kill him?

When it says that Writhe can "examine shadow creatures" Is this hinting that Shadow Creatures do not kill him?

They still do. If they didn't, his low sanity would make no sense. It means he can click on them to say something about them, which most characters can not.

is crashing in my dont starve

Please, give details. I can't do anything if you just say 'crash' with no details of when or how it happens.

It says "Out-of-date!". When i enabled the mod, there isn't Writhe in the character selection.

PS> Sorry for bad English. I'm from Poland

Can someone help me I have windows standalone didn't use steam to get don't starve I went to the main site. I'm trying to get this mod because it seems pretty cool but there is no mod folder or steam library can I get help?