• The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.

6 Screenshots

About This File

My second ever mod character, brought back to be released! Also the inspiration for my now abandoned Wurbert character.

Here's a video of an earlier version by the brilliant Jon from Jardev!

Writhe is one of the shadow creatures, but he was mentally challenged, and could never fit in. So the others bullied him, trying to kill him off. Maxwell pitied Writhe, and defended him best he could. As he grew weaker, his last option was to send Writhe out into the open world, as far away from the other shadows as possible. Writhe sees Maxwell as his farther figure.

STATS:

-Health =120

-Hunger = 180, and can only eat meat and nightmare fuel.

-Sanity = 1, and constantly drains.

- Short vision

-Can't equip any hand-slot items due to him having blades for arms. Instead he has the armguards listed below.

+Walks 1.2 times normal speed.

+Teleports a short distance when attacked.

+Attacks deal more damage over time. Instead of attacking once, he jumps into the air and wildly slashes at enemies. While he does more damage, this can not be interrupted and leaves him vulnerable. He also does lots of damage unarmed.

Can examine shadow creatures!

Eating nightmare fuel will give back:

1 sanity

34 health

6 hunger

Items:

Daddy's Spare coat: The dapper coat Maxwell wears in adventure mode! While wearing it, Writhe will stop losing and gain sanity during the day, and the sanity loss during night is slowed by a lot.

Sack of Helpful goods: A sack that spawns next to him when a new game starts. Gives 3 charcoal, 2 meat, and the Divine-O-Pones in adventure.

Divine-O-Phones: Headphones he only gets in adventure mode. Not only do they tell you where the things are, you can also make them play music by right-clicking on them while they're equipped.

Rather Plain Armguards: Works as a mining pick and axe. Mines at 20% speed and chops at 30%. Very slow!

Swiss Arm-y Guards: Works as a mining pick, axe, and shovel. Mines at 30% speed and chops at 40% normal. Gives an extra 12 damage to your attacks. Still very slow. Requires science machine.

Kingly Armguards: Works as a mining pick, axe, hammer, and shovel. Mines at 50%, chops at 60%, hammers at 40%, and gives an extra 18 damage to your attacks. Requires Alchemy Engine

Handy Man's Maces: Works as a mining pick, axe, shovel, and hammer. Mines at 70%, chops at 80%, and hammers at 60%. Gives and extra 24 damage, and also functions as a divining rod. Requires a repaired Pseudo Science Station to craft. So you need to go to the ruins!

Flamey-Wamey Thingadoo: A long-lasting torch. Breaks after running out of fuel. You can also shoot fireballs at enemies to ignite them, but this uses a lot of fuel.

Mole-Whacker Mollet: Acts as a very weak hammer. Can also be used to whack moleworms. and pick them up to make the rain hat. Only available with Reign of Giants.

Sticky Snatchers: Act as a bugnet. Simple as that.

Known issues: If you quit and rejoin a save while wearing the Divine-O-Phones, you have to take them off and put them back on for the music to work.

• Like 4

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

And also what can he use as a weapon?

Reading the description might help you find out about that and why he can't eat berries.

• Like 2

Um Dude he cant eat cooked berries

If you read through the information better, it clearly says at the top that he can only eat meat and nightmare fuel.

这个人物啥都不能做 趣味性不高...

I don't understand Chinese and my Google translator doesn't work.

• Like 1

hey, I having some trouble( I'll post the pic link), after the game starts it crashes, Maxwell says his lines, Writhe opens his eyes, starts to get up and.. CRASH! BTW, I am the one who had the Warfarin problens( crashes, black screen on the portraits and missing textures on the itens) and I would like to know how it is going(warfarin is a badass, and I wanto to use it)

https://imageshack.com/i/mu54gzp

I don't understand Chinese and my Google translator doesn't work.

This character not what all can't do I think the MOD interest is not high

hey, I having some trouble( I'll post the pic link), after the game starts it crashes, Maxwell says his lines, Writhe opens his eyes, starts to get up and.. CRASH! BTW, I am the one who had the Warfarin problens( crashes, black screen on the portraits and missing textures on the itens) and I would like to know how it is going(warfarin is a badass, and I wanto to use it)

https://imageshack.com/i/mu54gzp

Seems like your computer. I can't reproduce the problem at all, nor do I know what's wrong to try and fix it.

Seems like your computer. I can't reproduce the problem at all, nor do I know what's wrong to try and fix it.

I just had to disable the Up and Away, and the Writhe mod worked, maybe it's incompatibility

Um Dude I think I found a bug I enabled it with all other mdos off and now when I craft stuf all the numbers are blurry but if I unable it Its still blurry But I can read normal small numbers like 12346789 plz help

It crashed with the Always on status mod enabled, guess it is not compatible :(

I did make them compatible.

He should have armguards as tools and weapons separated. And maybe some special when left in the dark like he slowly heals himself when it's night. Also when chopping trees the follower pigs don't help you.