• The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.

10 Screenshots

About This File

These 2 mods let you add backpack and amulet slots, increase inventory, backpacks and containers size.
  The Neat version can display custom bar badges (health, hunger, sanity), naughtiness meter and thermometer above the inventory. It has custom UI art, too.

RoG and SW compatible.

• Customization options
  What both mods have in common :
- Backpack slot : Yes/No
- Amulet slot : Yes/No
- Inventory size : Default version : 15, 20, 25, 55 / Neat version : 15, 25, 45
- Piggyback speed penalty : Yes/No
- Backpacks size : Default/Large (backpack : 10 - piggyback : 14 - Krampus sack : 20)
- Storable backpacks : Yes/No
- Containers size (chest and icebox, not chester) : Default/Large (16)
- Colored slots (chest, chester, icebox, crock pot) and custom equippable slots backgrounds.
- Corner shortcuts (pause, map, rotate) : Show/Hide
- Further zoom out without the game pushing it back to default.

What's only in the Neat version :
- Custom badges : Yes/No
- Naughtiness meter : On/Off
- Thermometer : On/Off - Celsius/Fahrenheit
- Wetness value : Hover/Always show
- Clock text : Hover/Always show (for keyboard/mouse only)

• Compatibilities
- High chance of incompatibility with mods that modify backpacks, inventory slots, equipment slots or chests.
- Neat version : Not compatible with mods that change badges (health/sanity/hunger) unless you don't use RPG HUD's cutom badges.
- Compatible with Always on Status but custom badges are turned off automatically to avoid crashes.
- If you encounter crashes, make sure your game is up to date first then try runnig this mod alone. If it works alone and crashes with another mod, it means they are not compatible. You can let me and the other mod's author know about it.

• Playing with a controller
  When using a controller, the backpack content will be displayed in a single line underneath the inventory like in the vanilla game. However, since you can have very large backpacks, and in order to keep the UI nice and clean, the backpack line will never exceed the inventory/equipment line. Keep that in mind when customizing the options.

Example : 15 slot inventory, no amulet/backpack slot : the line is composed of 15+3 = 18 slots. So a larger Krampus's sack (20 slots instead of 14) would be sized down to 18 slots aswell.

Minor issue : If you disable your controller while in game, the very last (2-5) slots of your backpack may be inaccessible (Krampus sack + bigger backpacks + Neat 25 or Default 15). Just reload your save to fix that.

• How to install this mod
  It's better to disable the Steam Cloud feature for the game. Always backup your savegames, profile and saveindex before installing a new mod or you'll be very sour if something goes wrong. They are usually located in "..\Steam\userdata\<your steam ID>\219740\remote" or "My documents\Klei\DoNotStarve\save". Backup all the files found in those folders.

Extract the folder located in the archive to "...\Steam\steamapps\common\dont_starve\mods" or the equivalent if you use the standalone version. Once in game, head to the mods tab and activate the mod (the Neat version requires a restart) then configure it.

• Quickest Q&A ever

Q : Will you port this mod to DS Together ? 
  A : No. I won't be making any more mods. But if someone wanted to port my DS mods to DS Together, that's fine with me. 

Q : How can I help you ? 
  A : You can give me feedback on glitches and crashes down below. If you are interested in testing RPG HUD before official releases, I created a steam group just for that. I'll put the newest files there and I would appreciate feedback. Here's the link to the group : Kiopho's Beta Testing.

Thanks to everyone for your feedback which helps improve the mods tremendously.
  If you like the mod, show it some love and rate it. :)
  If you have any issues or suggestions, leave a comment down below.

Don't Starve Error.png

What's New in Version 2.31   See changelog

Released

V 2.1

- Added the missing "revealer" component

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Man I need help....

When I open the mods tab it says that Rpg hud crashed and I can't enable it

1 - Try it on its own with no other mod active

2 - Make sure you have the latest version of the game

3 - Give me a a screenshot of the crash screen or the log.txt file (Documents\Klei\DoNotStarve)

Update to my previous comment: Here are the mods that appear to create this crash with RPG HUD: Better Compass, Rocky Fix, Recharge Gems, Ornamental Vase, Better Gunpowder, Craftable Skull Chest, Summons (some mods from steam some klei).

For the first three of those mods I did the following:

1.) Turned them on individually while leaving RPG HUD and my other mods ON --> resulting in an crash/RPG Error Message

2.) Turned them on individually w/ RPG HUD turned OFF and my other mods ON --> game loads fine

3.) Turned the new mod back off and reenabled RPG HUD --> game loads fine again.

Sorry for the late answer, but I didn't get notifications for the last 4 messages.

RPG HUD must have the same priority as those mods which is 1. I'll explain ; when the game loads mods, it checks for their priority values because some need to be loaded before others to avoid crashes. Creators can set the value to whatever they want or not set it at all (in this case it's automatically 1). RPG HUD needs to be loaded before those mods and since they have the same value, they are loaded in the order you enabled them. You can add this line to modinfo.lua in RPG HUD "priority = 1.05". That way, it will always load before them, regardless of the activation order.

PS : don't set the value higher, because I chose it to be 1 on purpose so that RPG HUD could work with many other popular mods like "Season Clock" or "Alway On Status", etc. 1.05 should be OK. If It conflicts with mods which it used to run well with, consider lowering the priority of Better Compass, Rocky Fix, Recharge Gems, Ornamental Vase, Better Gunpowder, Craftable Skull Chest, Summons instead (just add " priority = 0.95 " for example to their modinfo.lua).

What do you guys think about a mod that adds about 10 new cave depths, and at the lowest depth, you can fight the creature that all of the tentacles/tentapillars/baby tentacles are controlled by?

Do you still over here kiopho ? I know this can be silly but is possible use default containers background color ?

Do you still over here kiopho ? I know this can be silly but is possible use default containers background color ?

I never left.

Yes you can : open modmain.lua with any text editor and look for these lines and erase them 

inst.components.container.widgetbgimagetint = {r=.44,g=.74,b=1,a=1} inst.components.container.widgetbgimagetint = {r=.75,g=.58,b=.44,a=1} inst.components.container.widgetbgimagetint = {r=.82,g=.77,b=.7,a=1} inst.components.container.widgetbgimagetint = {r=.44,g=.74,b=1,a=1}

Any incompatible mods? Game prompts me to disable mods as soon as I try to load into a world even new one. I have RoG activated and my current other modd do not affect inventory space slots, chest, stat display or anything RPG HUD seems to affect. None that I know at least. Anyway, plz help. ^^

I Have A Exxor, I Choised The 20 slots Optión And The Screen Down, Arround The Inventories Slot Is Black, Help Me... And Sorry For The Ortographyc, This Not Is My Natural Languaje

This was one of the first mods I came across when I started modding and I'm somewhat devastated that it's crashing my game now. As other people have mentioned - I get an error regarding inventory bar.lua (along with other lines of code). Any fixes coming? I can post a more in-depth error message if need be.

If it's any help, I'm using the Neat version, I prefer it. Haven't tried the regular version.

it ask me to restart and i did but the mod was never enable when i try the sreecher mod it works....

help!