• The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.

10 Screenshots

About This File

These 2 mods let you add backpack and amulet slots, increase inventory, backpacks and containers size.
  The Neat version can display custom bar badges (health, hunger, sanity), naughtiness meter and thermometer above the inventory. It has custom UI art, too.

RoG and SW compatible.

• Customization options
  What both mods have in common :
- Backpack slot : Yes/No
- Amulet slot : Yes/No
- Inventory size : Default version : 15, 20, 25, 55 / Neat version : 15, 25, 45
- Piggyback speed penalty : Yes/No
- Backpacks size : Default/Large (backpack : 10 - piggyback : 14 - Krampus sack : 20)
- Storable backpacks : Yes/No
- Containers size (chest and icebox, not chester) : Default/Large (16)
- Colored slots (chest, chester, icebox, crock pot) and custom equippable slots backgrounds.
- Corner shortcuts (pause, map, rotate) : Show/Hide
- Further zoom out without the game pushing it back to default.

What's only in the Neat version :
- Custom badges : Yes/No
- Naughtiness meter : On/Off
- Thermometer : On/Off - Celsius/Fahrenheit
- Wetness value : Hover/Always show
- Clock text : Hover/Always show (for keyboard/mouse only)

• Compatibilities
- High chance of incompatibility with mods that modify backpacks, inventory slots, equipment slots or chests.
- Neat version : Not compatible with mods that change badges (health/sanity/hunger) unless you don't use RPG HUD's cutom badges.
- Compatible with Always on Status but custom badges are turned off automatically to avoid crashes.
- If you encounter crashes, make sure your game is up to date first then try runnig this mod alone. If it works alone and crashes with another mod, it means they are not compatible. You can let me and the other mod's author know about it.

• Playing with a controller
  When using a controller, the backpack content will be displayed in a single line underneath the inventory like in the vanilla game. However, since you can have very large backpacks, and in order to keep the UI nice and clean, the backpack line will never exceed the inventory/equipment line. Keep that in mind when customizing the options.

Example : 15 slot inventory, no amulet/backpack slot : the line is composed of 15+3 = 18 slots. So a larger Krampus's sack (20 slots instead of 14) would be sized down to 18 slots aswell.

Minor issue : If you disable your controller while in game, the very last (2-5) slots of your backpack may be inaccessible (Krampus sack + bigger backpacks + Neat 25 or Default 15). Just reload your save to fix that.

• How to install this mod
  It's better to disable the Steam Cloud feature for the game. Always backup your savegames, profile and saveindex before installing a new mod or you'll be very sour if something goes wrong. They are usually located in "..\Steam\userdata\<your steam ID>\219740\remote" or "My documents\Klei\DoNotStarve\save". Backup all the files found in those folders.

Extract the folder located in the archive to "...\Steam\steamapps\common\dont_starve\mods" or the equivalent if you use the standalone version. Once in game, head to the mods tab and activate the mod (the Neat version requires a restart) then configure it.

• Quickest Q&A ever

Q : Will you port this mod to DS Together ? 
  A : No. I won't be making any more mods. But if someone wanted to port my DS mods to DS Together, that's fine with me. 

Q : How can I help you ? 
  A : You can give me feedback on glitches and crashes down below. If you are interested in testing RPG HUD before official releases, I created a steam group just for that. I'll put the newest files there and I would appreciate feedback. Here's the link to the group : Kiopho's Beta Testing.

Thanks to everyone for your feedback which helps improve the mods tremendously.
  If you like the mod, show it some love and rate it. :)
  If you have any issues or suggestions, leave a comment down below.

Don't Starve Error.png

What's New in Version 2.31   See changelog

Released

V 2.1

- Added the missing "revealer" component

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Oh I see the problem. Both mods modify the chest. You'd wanna to go to modmain.lua of RPG HUD and look for this :

AddPrefabPostInit("treasurechest", treasurechestpostinit)

and add -- at the beginning of that line, like so :

--AddPrefabPostInit("treasurechest", treasurechestpostinit)

I didn't test it, but it should work.

Oh I see the problem. Both mods modify the chest. You'd wanna to go to modmain.lua of RPG HUD and look for this :

AddPrefabPostInit("treasurechest", treasurechestpostinit)

and add -- at the beginning of that line, like so :

--AddPrefabPostInit("treasurechest", treasurechestpostinit)

I didn't test it, but it should work.

thanks, i'll try it out

yea, it didn't work out. Still crashes

Well, "Equivalent Exchange" crashes the game on its own, with no other mod running (at least on my PC). I don't know what's up with that.

Will give a look when I can. Thanks for the feedback.

Well, "Equivalent Exchange" crashes the game on its own, with no other mod running (at least on my PC). I don't know what's up with that.

Will give a look when I can. Thanks for the feedback.

i just tried equivalent exchange on its own. Never realized it might have been the mod itself, i normally just download 5-10 mods at once.

i just tried equivalent exchange on its own. Never realized it might have been the mod itself, i normally just download 5-10 mods at once.

Well, that's that. Let the author know about his/her mod not working properly.

I cannot get this or the Always On Status mod to work.  It comes up as being Out-of-Date when I start up the game.  I've enabled them, and restarted the game.  Nothing.

The updater runs every time I start the game, so I'm not sure that I can update the game as you've suggested to others.

Any idea why this is happening?

I cannot get this or the Always On Status mod to work.  It comes up as being Out-of-Date when I start up the game.  I've enabled them, and restarted the game.  Nothing.

The updater runs every time I start the game, so I'm not sure that I can update the game as you've suggested to others.

Any idea why this is happening?

I don't know mate. What version of the game are you running ?

Rev. 90423OSX

Am I being dense?  Am I supposed to enable the mods inside the text or something??

Rev. 90423OSX

Am I being dense?  Am I supposed to enable the mods inside the text or something??

That's the latest revision and you don't have to mess with the files in order to enable the mods, only from inside the game. But even when a mod displays the "out-of-date" message, that doesn't mean it won't work. The game just checks if the API version in modinfo.lua is the right one. If not, it'll display that message and will do nothing else (there's nothing to prevent the mod from being enabled/loaded). So you should be able to use it regardless.

Please write down the crash message, I'll see what I can do from there. (I hope it has nothing to do with yous OS 'cause I have zero knowledge on Mac :/

That's the latest revision and you don't have to mess with the files in order to enable the mods, only from inside the game. But even when a mod displays the "out-of-date" message, that doesn't mean it won't work. The game just checks if the API version in modinfo.lua is the right one. If not, it'll display that message and will do nothing else (there's nothing to prevent the mod from being enabled/loaded). So you should be able to use it regardless.

Please write down the crash message, I'll see what I can do from there. (I hope it has nothing to do with yous OS 'cause I have zero knowledge on Mac :/

I am able to enable the mod despite it being out of date.

But, there is no crash report.  In fact, the console reports it being loaded successfully.

I open a game, and the standard slots, and HUD appear.

Hands down my favorite mod. You even added barebones or those players who still want it to be a hardcore experience. Thanks for this one!

Thanks my friend :)

I wa wondering if there were any way to get the inventory layout of the Neat 45, but remove the status bars so  I can use Always On Status instead?

Hi great mod but i did have a game breaker error with it you see i have only two mods one being the Show food stat mod  you onow were it tells you how much food heals and stuff and this one and it worked till i got to a cave/sinkhole because when i entered i got a error screen that said that the mods were making the game unplayable....

This seems to have issues when combined with always on status and woodie.  The additional bars overlap the equip area for him.  I tried a few other characters and no others seem to have this problem.

This seems to have issues when combined with always on status and woodie.  The additional bars overlap the equip area for him.  I tried a few other characters and no others seem to have this problem.

Always On Status is incompatible with this or at least with the neat versions. Neat versions already have a status anyways.

Hi great mod but i did have a game breaker error with it you see i have only two mods one being the Show food stat mod  you onow were it tells you how much food heals and stuff and this one and it worked till i got to a cave/sinkhole because when i entered i got a error screen that said that the mods were making the game unplayable....

Are you using the latest versions of both mods? I am using like 8-10 mods, DisplayFoodValues and RPG HUD Neat 45 are among those mods and i am never experiencing any problems. Also be sure to delete the previous folders when you update the mods to a new version.

• Like 1

Is there any way to restore the normal health/hunger/sanity meters with the Neat 25 Version?
Would really appreciate it!

Crash :(

...t_starve/data/../mods/workshop-181688536/modmain.lua:477: attempt to index field 'br' (a nil value)LUA ERROR stack traceback:        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/../mods/workshop-181688536/modmain.lua(477,1) in function 'postfn'        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/modutil.lua(29,1) in function '_ctor'        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/modutil.lua(36,1) in function 'StatusDisplays'        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/widgets/controls.lua(70,1) in function '_ctor'        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/class.lua(98,1) in function 'Controls'        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/screens/playerhud.lua(188,1) in function 'oldSetMainCharacter'        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/../mods/workshop-181688536/modmain.lua(582,1) in function 'SetMainCharacter'        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/gamelogic.lua(783,1) in function 'DoInitGame'        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/gamelogic.lua(943,1) in function 'cb'        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/saveindex.lua(556,1) in function 'callback'        C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/dont_starve/data/scripts/mainfunctions.lua(12,1)

Strange incompatibility of various mods.

For example,

A + B = ok

B + C = ok

A + C = ok

but A + B + C = crash.

Just deleted RPG HUD and now all fine with ALL other mods (~40 mods).

Please make it more stable.

Just wondering when will this mod be compatible with a controller.. I would really like that.. other then that this is an excellent mod.. you're really considerate of your modding and I would like to say thank you man. Looking forward to more of your mods in the future.

• Like 1

Just wondering when will this mod be compatible with a controller.. I would really like that.. other then that this is an excellent mod.. you're really considerate of your modding and I would like to say thank you man. Looking forward to more of your mods in the future.

agreed please do

Hey everyone ! I had some very important stuff to take care of IRL lately, that's why no updates were coming.

- So I'll be working on implementing controller support (maybe not like in the vanilla game concerning the inventory since some versions have too many slots to fit at the bottom of the screen. I'll figure a way)

- For those asking how to take away the bars from the neat versions so they become compatible with AoS : open modmain.lua and erase everything between these two lines (including them)

-- Status Display

and

AddClassPostConstruct("screens/playerhud", StatusDisplayFix)

Then navigate to RPG HUD\scripts\widgets\ and delete badges.lua

- Regarding the mods compatibilities : you have to understand that when launching a game, mods are loaded in a specific order. That's the priority system. Mods that don't alter the same files can run together all day every day regardless of which of them is loaded first or last. But for other mods, priorities are essential. Here's a little example : DisplayFoodValue has a priority of 3 whereas RPG HUD's is 0,5. And that didn't happen by accident. Since both mods alter inventorybar.lua, I HAD to put my priority lower so that the game loads DFV's alteration first (small one) THEN mine, otherwise the game crashes. Some modders play ball (and I actually asked alks to change his priority at some point so that our mods and some others' worked together nicely) but others won't or just don't care.

I hope I answered most of the questions, if not feel free to post again for more explanations

Please help! When I install the mods I wrote api_version 4, game version 2                 pliz