• The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.

3 Screenshots

About This File

Tired picking grass by clicking on one tuft at a time? Tired of holding the space bar for no end chopping wood whenever you want to build some wooden flooring for your base? Then this mod is for you!

This mod allows you to queue a sequence of actions by holding SHIFT and dragging the mouse, forming a selection box enclosing all your targets. This allows you to automate the process of picking, harvesting, chopping, digging, shaving Beefalo and many more repetitive tasks, by simply selecting all your targets and then sitting back (offensive actions such as attacking are not performed, to avoid... accidents).

To use this mod, hold SHIFT, press a mouse button and drag the selection box, releasing the mouse button when you're done selecting. You may use either the left or right mouse buttons: only the actions normally performed by that button are executed in each case (excluding some actions, like attacking, as mentioned before). If you simply click an entity while SHIFT is held, that entity will be toggled from the selection (included if it weren't, removed if it were). To cancel a series of tasks, simply click anywhere on the ground or press any movement key (but managing your inventory will not cancel the queue).

When you perform a selection, the queued actions are those of the tool you have equipped, if any, as well as "inherent" ones which do not depend on tools (such as picking grass). If you have a selected item (as is done for razors, when shaving Beefalo), only the actions corresponding to this item will be performed, granting you a finer grained selection of what should be performed.

When using a right click selection, no objects will be picked up from the ground. Left click selection will also not pick up tooth traps, armed bee mines and untriggered (rabbit) traps.

What's New in Version 1.1.3   See changelog

Released

• Right click selection no longer picks up objects.
  • Left click selection no longer picks up tooth traps, armed bee mines and untriggered (rabbit) traps.
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1
  • Potato Cup 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Hey Simplex do you think you can get this to work with the Werebeaver?

Also any way to be able to shift-click on a fire and cook a stack of food in succession? Like right now I'm able to shift-click the Bird Cage with a stack of meat and it'll turn it into eggs over time without needing any more interaction from me.

I've got about 15 mods installed, and this is hands down the best and most important.  Thank you SO much for this.  I've been playing the game about a week, and really enjoying it, but the default UI really started to bother me.  I couldn't understand why the devs didn't implement standard RTS behaviour like being able to queue actions.  Well this mod fixed all that, and is making the game a joy to play - especially when I'm chopping down 20 trees then picking up 60+ logs/cones afterwards, whichwould be so tedious manually!

So thanks so much for this!

I have two feature requests, which for me at least would make the mod even more helpful and awesome if you would consider adding them:

1. Auto Equip

I am using another mod, called Auto Equip.  What that does is allow me to action any tree, rock, diggable, etc, and as long as I have an axe, pickaxe, spade, etc, it will automatically equip it first.  Understandably, this doesn't integrate perfectly with Action Queue.  

So my request is, could you add an Auto Equip feature to your mod?  Ideally it should be togglable via a keyboard shortcut.  

Example:  The game starts with auto-equip disabled, which functions just like now.  Then I press 'A' to enable auto-equip.  I then draw a box around three trees, two rocks, some logs, and some tree stumps. The character will then: collect the logs, switch to axe and chop the trees, then switch to pickaxe and mine the rocks, then switch to spade and dig the stumps. When all that is done, the character will re-equip whatever item s/he had equipped beforehand.   

This behaviour can't be the default, because it's important to be able to choose just to collect stuff on the ground without chopping/mining nearby trees/rocks.  Hence the keyboard shortcut to quickly enable it only when I know I want to action everything in a given area, then disable it again afterwards.

2. Keyboard shortcuts for 'auto collect in nearby area' and 'auto collect in previous area'

Add a keyboard shortcut, let's say C (for 'collect'.)  When pressed, it automatically draws a box (same style as the shift-drag box) centred on my character.  Default size is perhaps the size of four turf squares.  If I press C again (within 1-2 seconds), it draws a slightly larger box. I can keep tapping C several times to increase the size of the box, up to the full size of the screen.

Once I stop pressing C, my character auto collects everything in the area defined by the square I was finished with.

Second shortcut, let's say P (for 'previous area collect'.)  When pressed, it re-draws the last selection box that I created myself (using shift-drag), in the same size and place, and then auto-collects in this area.    If the last selection box created was in an area not currently visible on screen, then do nothing.  Also maybe have a timeout, so don't repeat the previous box if it was created more than 30 seconds ago, or similar.

In both cases (C and P shortcuts), if the character already has queued actions, these collect actions are appended to the current queue.

Why is this useful? :

- I've just dragged a box around a whole bunch of trees to chop them, creating a huge mass of logs.  When I have finished chopping, I simply hit P and this will re-draw the same sized box, in the same place, and queue up a mass collect.  So with one quick key, I can queue the collection of all those logs I just chopped.  Ditto rocks/flints/nitre from mining,  etc.

- I've just killed a bunch of mobs, leaving a load of meat/silk/teeth/etc on the ground.  I can tap C once or a couple of times to quickly queue the collection of all the loot, without having to manually drag a box.

- I'm in a dense forest and need some logs.  I can quickly tap C a couple of times to chop down a bunch of them near to me, without drawing a manual box.  Then I can hit P to collect in the same area, collecting all the logs/pine cones that I just chopped.

Thanks again for a great mod and for reading my requests!

Found a bug with Woodie. If there's an action queued when his transformation is triggered he will cancel it and go do the queued action instead. This allows for chopping entire forests without ever turning. Also when reloading the game after that happens, the player will automatically be the Werebeaver.

Absolutely awesome mod, simplex rockin' as always :)

Minor "bug" report, though - it *do* cancel the queue when I manage my inventory while chopping trees. I can safely shuffle things in pocket only while picking up things.

Yes, I'll do it soon.

Ok, maybe not that soon.

Found a bug with Woodie. If there's an action queued when his transformation is triggered he will cancel it and go do the queued action instead. This allows for chopping entire forests without ever turning. Also when reloading the game after that happens, the player will automatically be the Werebeaver.

Absolutely awesome mod, simplex rockin' as always :-)

Minor "bug" report, though - it *do* cancel the queue when I manage my inventory while chopping trees. I can safely shuffle things in pocket only while picking up things.

Thanks for the reports, I'll look into them as I'm able to.

• Like 1

Thanks! Just to clarify - I have noticed that managing inventory during picking things up also cancels the queue. I noticed it only during wood-cutting earlier, cause it takes time, so it's more natural moment for managing inventory.

Also, another bug that I noticed as first thing, but forget to report:
Picking things up using queue is unnaturally fast - i.e. character seems to skip most of the animation. Even if bashing action key like madman, one can't pick things up half as fast. I almost feel like cheater, when using it for picking things ;)

/Estel

Also, another bug that I noticed as first thing, but forget to report:

Picking things up using queue is unnaturally fast - i.e. character seems to skip most of the animation. Even if bashing action key like madman, one can't pick things up half as fast. I almost feel like cheater, when using it for picking things ;)

I'll try to fine tune that further. The problem is the usual delay in performing actions isn't determined just by the time it takes to perform the action itself (and the animation): Don't Starve has an input lag, which I have to manually attempt to mimic to be realistic.

• Like 1

Simplex, I've signed up to beg you to port this to DST. I posted on Steam Workshop too. It makes the game so much better. 

Just wondering when I was playing with this mod (amazing btw) when i cut down a bunch of trees is it possable to only pick up the logs and not the flowers carrorts ETC thanks (still love the mod thanks!)