• The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.

3 Screenshots

About This File

Tired picking grass by clicking on one tuft at a time? Tired of holding the space bar for no end chopping wood whenever you want to build some wooden flooring for your base? Then this mod is for you!

This mod allows you to queue a sequence of actions by holding SHIFT and dragging the mouse, forming a selection box enclosing all your targets. This allows you to automate the process of picking, harvesting, chopping, digging, shaving Beefalo and many more repetitive tasks, by simply selecting all your targets and then sitting back (offensive actions such as attacking are not performed, to avoid... accidents).

To use this mod, hold SHIFT, press a mouse button and drag the selection box, releasing the mouse button when you're done selecting. You may use either the left or right mouse buttons: only the actions normally performed by that button are executed in each case (excluding some actions, like attacking, as mentioned before). If you simply click an entity while SHIFT is held, that entity will be toggled from the selection (included if it weren't, removed if it were). To cancel a series of tasks, simply click anywhere on the ground or press any movement key (but managing your inventory will not cancel the queue).

When you perform a selection, the queued actions are those of the tool you have equipped, if any, as well as "inherent" ones which do not depend on tools (such as picking grass). If you have a selected item (as is done for razors, when shaving Beefalo), only the actions corresponding to this item will be performed, granting you a finer grained selection of what should be performed.

When using a right click selection, no objects will be picked up from the ground. Left click selection will also not pick up tooth traps, armed bee mines and untriggered (rabbit) traps.

What's New in Version 1.1.3   See changelog

Released

• Right click selection no longer picks up objects.
  • Left click selection no longer picks up tooth traps, armed bee mines and untriggered (rabbit) traps.
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1
  • Potato Cup 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Doesn't seem to be working for me in lastest build. :\

It does on my end, RoG or not...

What is not working? If you hold SHIFT, click and drag the mouse, does the selection box get created at all?

Doubled checked this. Deleted, re-downloaded and install and nada. I started new game, saved, closed and looked over to the mod screen and it says 'Crashed!' and 'Crashed on last start, automatically disabled.'

Placed folder in mods, it shows up with description and your name properly, I tried enabling it, but it leads me to above problem. Will peek around to figure out if there's mod logs I can attach/CP.

Doubled checked this. Deleted, re-downloaded and install and nada. I started new game, saved, closed and looked over to the mod screen and it says 'Crashed!' and 'Crashed on last start, automatically disabled.'

Placed folder in mods, it shows up with description and your name properly, I tried enabling it, but it leads me to above problem. Will peek around to figure out if there's mod logs I can attach/CP.

Yes, please post your log. The location of log.txt is listed here (I only need the log, please don't bother with dxdiag, save files and the like :razz:).

Ah, it was in docs and not user/appdata. I knew I seen it around before when poking around my computer.

http://shrib.com/UUM2y0Nf

"
scripts/modindex.lua(206,1) Error loading mod: ActionQueue!

api_version for ActionQueue is in the future, please set to the current version. (api_version is version 6, game is version 5.)"

Seems to be the relevant bit.

Ah, it was in docs and not user/appdata. I knew I seen it around before when poking around my computer.

http://shrib.com/UUM2y0Nf

"scripts/modindex.lua(206,1) Error loading mod: ActionQueue!

api_version for ActionQueue is in the future, please set to the current version. (api_version is version 6, game is version 5.)"

Seems to be the relevant bit.

You should submit a bug report in the Don't Starve Bug Tracker. It seems the standalone Mac version of Don't Starve didn't fully receive the update from revision 102572 (at least without RoG installed as well). The mod api version was raised to 6, but your Don't Starve installation still lists it as 5 (that's why it refuses to load ActionQueue). You're likely also missing other changes from revision 102572 as well (certainly the mod related ones, such as mod configuration support, since they are defined by the same file defining the mod api version; you didn't edit the file mods.lua in the Don't Starve installation directory manually, did you?).

In the meantime, you should be able to run ActionQueue by changing the following line in ActionQueue/modinfo.lua

api_version = 6
to

api_version = 5

I'm on Windows though and RoG is installed.

Edit: I think the file mash up screw up was from crossing gog dlc and humble bundle base's. I bought the dlc on my laptop and then moved the main game from my ext hdd back up to my laptop to play [before I was only playing on my desktop]. I guess the base was out of date and that the manual installation screwed something up somewhere along the lines. I checked to make sure it was update with the updater and I thought everything was fine as it reported no updates, but the merge of new and then old screwed it up, it seems. I backed up my save and mod data then redownload main games from their respective sites again today to make sure everything's up to date properly. 

Should I be concerned about the amount of "Could not unload undefined prefab" listed? Are they errors or just not unlocked content yet?

Thank you for all of the assistance! :-)

I'm on Windows though and RoG is installed. O.o I didn't manually edit any of the files myself and the only edit I will do is just what you directed me to do right now.

Sorry, it looked like you might be on a Mac. Anyway, you should file a bug report, letting them know if you got it from the Humble Store or GoG. I only asked if you had edited files manually because that could've prevented them from being properly updated.

Should I be concerned about the amount of "Could not unload undefined prefab" listed? Are they errors or just not unlocked content yet?

This is just a quirk of how the game loads mod stuff, nothing to worry about.

So, the age old practice of delete/uninstall, redownload, and reinstall has succeeded for the second time today! [Go figure.] Reinstalled both dlc and main game from gog and hb respectively and everything's gravy without the api change. If you care to know boring details of me botching up manual installation merges by using an outdated back up in the wrong order I edited the last post I made to be extra boring.

So, I promise I'll do my best not to be an idiot anymore and hopefully you'll never hear from me again, other than thanking you profusely for all of your mods [can't believe I forgot to do that!]. Thanks for helping out us casual players and providing additional content of fun across various mods. Thank you for the tech support. I'll be keeping an eye on your Up and Away mod. :-)

• Like 1

With the last update I got a few problems. Now I pick up stuff after examining them, even when I don't want to. Also, I can't reset Tooth Traps anymore with RMB, just pick them up instead as I had clicked on them. Though you might want to know. :-)

P.S.

Are we any close, with this mod, to be able to build a row of walls with a single click?

Also will you update your other mods to api6 and compatibility info? My OCD is hurt when I see the question marks in the mod menu. Tried putting the new two lines of code in modinfo.lua but they just crash. Only happens with your mods.

And where is that "Fixed Tooth Traps" mod you made? Can't find it anywhere...

Amazing simplex the shift-click enqueue option is just what i wanted. Next step we gotta need a crafting queue :p

Are we any close, with this mod, to be able to build a row of walls with a single click?

This is rather hard to implement i guess since the selection grid is shaped like a diamond and set on a specific view, the world is shaped like a diamond. Tho i guess with the shift+click mechanic, there could be single steps added to the queue but then i think this would only be good if the actual queue is only executed after you release the shift button.

With the last update I got a few problems. Now I pick up stuff after examining them, even when I don't want to. Also, I can't reset Tooth Traps anymore with RMB, just pick them up instead as I had clicked on them. Though you might want to know. :-)

Thanks for the report, version 1.1.1 (just uploaded) fixes these issues. I also noticed some right click actions were not being automated (such as resetting traps), and fixed this as well.

This mod takes care of the hardest part in implementing that. I might put that in eventually.

Also will you update your other mods to api6 and compatibility info? My OCD is hurt when I see the question marks in the mod menu. Tried putting the new two lines of code in modinfo.lua but they just crash. Only happens with your mods.

Blame Klei for the silliness of bumping a mod API version where the "new version" doesn't break compatibility with older mods. Updating mods for nothing, just to keep the game from complaining about that, is simply annoying.

That being said, I plan on updating my mods to the api 6 when the current bugs with it are fixed, which supposedly will come with a hotfix this week.

And where is that "Fixed Tooth Traps" mod you made? Can't find it anywhere...

It's not anywhere, just in that PM conversation with you and Craig. I'm surprised Klei still hasn't fixed tooth traps, actually... I'll upload it properly as soon as I have the time.

• Like 1

Bug Reports for version 1.1.1:

- Character starts moving while you are creating the selection rectangle

- Shift+Click does not work anymore for stuff like chopping wood, you can use shift+rightclick tho (careful when having a shovel equipped)

Bug Reports for version 1.1.1:

- Character starts moving while you are creating the selection rectangle

- Shift+Click does not work anymore for stuff like chopping wood, you can use shift+rightclick tho (careful when having a shovel equipped)

Sorry, both issues were caused by the same typo. Just uploaded version 1.1.2 fixing that.

Right-Click dragging a rectangle over tooth traps will refresh the ones that has been activated but the ones that are already waiting for it's prey are going to get picked up. May you be able to allow the character to only pick up things on left click?

This is AMAZING. But one question: If cutgrass is selected and a box is dragged over a field, will only grass be selected? Also, while managing the inventory may be possible if a tool is being used, if I place the razor back in my inv while shaving Beefalo, it stops, presumably because you need to have the razor held by the mouse anyway.

This is AMAZING. But one question: If cutgrass is selected and a box is dragged over a field, will only grass be selected?

No, every entity with a viable action will be selected. If you want finer control over what gets selected, shift click without dragging to toggle an entity's selection.

Also, while managing the inventory may be possible if a tool is being used, if I place the razor back in my inv while shaving Beefalo, it stops, presumably because you need to have the razor held by the mouse anyway.

Yes, when the action comes from the item you're holding, it needs to be kept held, otherwise the action can't be performed.

It work perfectly. Why after chopped the tree she/he cant auto pick the items?

Because the dropped items are not selected. I tried to avoid special casing to keep it compatible with everything (including custom actions added by mods), and since the dropped items are independent from the action (in this case, the action of chopping), special casing would be required here.

But since selecting new items adds to the previous selection instead of replacing it, you can just select the logs if you want.

My Version is Rev.100947, when i go to Mods tab ingame, it say : " Crashed on last start, automaticalyy dissabled"  :(

mine too D:

Oh Thank You. I would PAY for this mod. got paypal? I'll buy you a beer.

I'll buy you another one if you make a mod that allows you to drag a line to plant something, such as trees, grass, walls.

I have no idea how to mod, or I so would do this. I saw an interesting mod that enables you to plant stuff by clicking a lightningrod, so the rod saves all your stuff from lightning, but it autoplants in a cropcircle. I am mentioning it in case the idea intrigues you and you would like to look into it... the link can't be too far away....

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=259058104&searchtext=lightning+rod