• The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.

1 Screenshot

About This File

This mod allows nitre, stingers, hound teeth, spiderwebs, pigskin, feathers, beefalo horns, tools and bush and spider queen hats to be used as fuel in campfires! All monster meat variants and evil flowers refuel night lights! Allows moggles to accept fireflies, lightbulbs, slurtle slime and other similar fuels! Honey refuels lanterns! Also adds recipes for glow berries and lightbulbs and gives lightbulbs an extremely long shelf life(the same as powdercakes).

Changes:

-Made traps and bird traps valid campfire fuels.

-Moggles now accept fireflies, lightbulbs, slurtle slime and other similar fuels.

-Added recipe for glow berries.

-Removed fireflies as a valid lantern fuel because using fireflies as fuel for lanterns has become part of the vanilla setup.(Modder victory!)

-Made beefalo horns a valid campfire fuel.

-Evil flower petals and monster meats(raw, uncooked, jerky and lasagna) now refuel nightlights.

-Spider queen hats and bush hats are now a campfire fuel.

-Added a new .tex thumbnail, thanks to Simplex's png-tex converter for Linux(and macs too I guess).

-Lightbulbs were made perishable again, because of an issue with cave chests, and instead were given a very long perish time. This may change again in the future.

-Lightbulbs no longer spoil.

-Made pigskin and feathers a valid campfire fuel.

-Partial French language translation added; Translated by John2022! Please let me know if there are any issues with the translated version.

-Updated for Hunger update.

-Retooled the lightbulb recipe.

-Made spiderwebs a valid fuel for campfires.

-Made hounds teeth and all tools able to be used in campfires. Gold tools burn brighter.

-Lowered how much fuel fireflies add to the lantern.

-Made honey a valid lantern fuel.

-Updated the mod so it no longer overwrites lua files! This will dramatically increase the chance the mod will work after an update. If you were one of the first people who downloaded this mod, redownload the latest version.

If you have any issues, suggestions or comments, please feel free to leave a comment.

What's New in Version 09/04/13 10:07 PM   See changelog

Released

No changelog available for this version.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Hi mouse,

I'm feeling free today.

I'm reporting a but with a scenario script.

Since you've removed the perishable component from the lghtbulb, the ..\DontStarve\data\scripts\scenarios\chest_cavefood.lua can't going further than line 23.

I wonder how tehMug does with his infiniteFood mod...

Cheers

Hi mouse,

I'm feeling free today.

I'm reporting a but with a scenario script.

Since you've removed the perishable component from the lghtbulb, the ..\DontStarve\data\scripts\scenarios\chest_cavefood.lua can't going further than line 23.

I wonder how tehMug does with his infiniteFood mod...

Cheers

Whoops! That's not good. I'll have to look into that when I've got some more free time. In the meantime, I've created a new temporary version that disables making lightbulbs nonperishable. All I did was comment line 16 out in modmain.lua. Thank you for bringing this to my attention and I apologize for any inconvenience.

You're welcome. No problem, a crash, a little commented line and it was going on.

Maybe you had to create a new kind of lightbulb, a synth. concentrated one. Unperishable to prevent the bug occurs but not eatable. Just idea. ;)

Cheer.

You're welcome. No problem, a crash, a little commented line and it was going on.

Maybe you had to create a new kind of lightbulb, a synth. concentrated one. Unperishable to prevent the bug occurs but not eatable. Just idea. ;)

Cheer.

Can you give me any information on what chest_cavefood is? I don't go into the caves much. Is it a randomly appearing chest that spawns with randomly selected food inside? I'm just guessing from what's in the lua file.

Exactly. It was the first time I met one. When caves loads, crash. So I look in the log and all I can tell you was ever tell.

I'm sure it was the light bulb the faulty thing. I use your patch and all goes good.

I the game, cave's chest are some kind of old camp. We can find some structure (campfire, tent, chest, fridge, tools on the ground... There's surely several kind of chest and my game have created a cave map with one of these chests; a food one ^^

Since the code ask after the perish function of the lightbulb and your mod remove this component from the lightbulb prefab, it crash.

It's all I can tell you. I'm a f$^ùing jack of all the trade, not a expert programmer ;(

Exactly. It was the first time I met one. When caves loads, crash. So I look in the log and all I can tell you was ever tell.

I'm sure it was the light bulb the faulty thing. I use your patch and all goes good.

I the game, cave's chest are some kind of old camp. We can find some structure (campfire, tent, chest, fridge, tools on the ground... There's surely several kind of chest and my game have created a cave map with one of these chests; a food one ^^

Since the code ask after the perish function of the lightbulb and your mod remove this component from the lightbulb prefab, it crash.

It's all I can tell you. I'm a f$^ùing jack of all the trade, not a expert programmer ;(

That's understandable. I updated the download. Instead of making it nonperishable, I just gave it a base perish time of 18,750 days.

Sorry, maybe I did not express myself correctly.

Here's ..\DontStarve\data\scripts\scenarios\chest_cavefood.lua:

Look at line 23, it make a random perish percentage of the bulb, BUT, the mod removed the perishable component from lightbulb, so it can't do it's job & it crashes.Q.E.D.. :)

chestfunctions = require("scenarios/chestfunctions")local function OnCreate(inst, scenariorunner)	local items = 	{		{			item = "berries",			count = math.random(5, 9),			initfn = function(item) item.components.perishable:SetPercent(math.random()) end		},		{			item = "carrot",			count = math.random(3, 6),			initfn = function(item) item.components.perishable:SetPercent(math.random())end		},		{			item = "lightbulb",			count = math.random(4, 9),			initfn = function(item) item.components.perishable:SetPercent(math.random())end		},		{			item = "batwing",			initfn = function(item) item.components.perishable:SetPercent(math.random())end		},		{			item = "meat",			count = math.random(2, 4),			initfn = function(item) item.components.perishable:SetPercent(math.random())end		},		{			item = "smallmeat",			count = math.random(2, 5),			initfn = function(item) item.components.perishable:SetPercent(math.random())end		},		{			item = "monstermeat",			count = math.random(2, 5),			initfn = function(item) item.components.perishable:SetPercent(math.random())end		},	}	chestfunctions.AddChestItems(inst, items, 4)endreturn {	OnCreate = OnCreate}

I understood it very well. I made lightbulbs perishable again yesterday so the problem should now be resolved. Have you tried using the newest version?

This is fantastic... one request - can we use fireflies to fuel Moggles? They are my favorite item but getting the light berries is such a pain.

This is fantastic... one request - can we use fireflies to fuel Moggles? They are my favorite item but getting the light berries is such a pain.

I updated the mod. Moggles now accept things like fireflies, lightbulbs and slurtle slime as fuel. I also threw in a recipe for glow berries.

You know, you are making this mod more and more redundant to what it is supposed to do and that is make things burnable in campfire. I like that feature it is realistic, immersive, useful and tidy.

But to make unrelated mechanics much easier by changing spoilage rate, recipes and light sources that is simply cheat or otherwise should be separated from the original purpose as another mod.

You know, you are making this mod more and more redundant to what it is supposed to do and that is make things burnable in campfire. I like that feature it is realistic, immersive, useful and tidy.

But to make unrelated mechanics much easier by changing spoilage rate, recipes and light sources that is simply cheat or otherwise should be separated from the original purpose as another mod.

Things all too often end up much different than they started off. Lighter Logs is a prime example of this. It started off with the only intention of making logs stack up to 40, as the title may imply. Since then it has grown to ensure the stack size will be 40 for all foods plus 10 other items. Faster Followers started it's life with the only intention of increasing the run speed for followers but that led to people wanting followers to have godmode, aka Follower Godmode. Then that mod led to people wanting recruited followers to stay their follower indefinitely, yet another mod, Followers For Life. Then when so many people were complaining about pigs transforming into werepigs during a full moon, I created yet one more mod which removed the ability for pigs to transform at all.

So considering how much the test of time could have changed this mod, it's doing a pretty good job of staying on track.

Besides, it's called "more fuel" because it makes fuel more readily available. Moggles, lanterns, and such are fueled items so I don't think this mod has lost sight. It's staying true to it's original intentions much better than Lighter Logs.

Alright then... that being said if this mod is supposed to be RoG ready the newly introduced items Battle spear and Battle helm should be burnable in campire too as the other flamable weapons and armors are.

what is the changelog for the aug 01 update?

It's the top one on the changes list.

Booya! Thank you so much :grin:

You're welcome.

• Like 1

Any chance of adding Straw Hats to the burn list? Drives me batty that I can't just chuck 'em on the fire.