• The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.

Up and Away alpha-0.2.8

20 Screenshots

About This File

Attention!

We recommend that you also install the MemSpikeFix mod. This will lower the normally heavy memory load that occurs when you have multiple large mods activated, or many many small mods activated. If you are experiencing crashes or extremely long load times while having multiple mods activated, the MemSpikeFix mod may fix or alleviate these issues.

The MemSpikeFix is available both as a forum download and as a Steam Workshop subscription.

You know, you're a hard worker. Life in this desolate land is tough. You've got to fight to survive, scratching out a living in the dirt, clinging on by whatever means necessary. Just hoping that tomorrow will come.

What if I told you there was more than this out there? That right above your head, up there in the sky there was a whole new world? A paradise unlike any other.

Would you like to see it?

I ask very little of you. For a small sum, a kingdom can be yours. The very land you tread is as soft as any mattress. There's food wherever you look. A veritable buffet of the sweetest treats you'll ever enjoy.

Doesn't that sound good?

Animals of all shapes and sizes will flock to you. Weird and wondrous sights a-plenty. What about a giant mushroom? What about a giant mushroom made entirely of jelly? There's all that and more.

You don't have to stay here, jumping at shadows and living off bark. I shall wait for you on the road as rain falls. Come, come find me and I'll give you your freedom.

Why not go Up and Away?

Up and Away adds an entirely new world to explore. To get started, you must find the Shopkeeper, a suspicious fellow who will spawn along the brick road during the rain. Among the new content added, there is a new tech branch, new mechanics, and much more. For those in a rush, a preset has been added to simplify the process of gaining access to the land above.

The mod is currently in alpha, and so there may exist bugs and incompatibilities with other mods. If you find any, do report it, as fixing any possible issues is a priority. Feedback is welcome and encouraged!

What's New in Version alpha-0.2.8   See changelog

Released

• + Fixed a crash on strart that occured to some shenanigans with mount_enabled, added with the QOL update.
    + The mod should function properly without DLC.
  • + Fixed the clock not changing color when loading a save in which static is occuring.
  • Like 8
  • Haha 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Here's my log, you can see it without problems (you can download it too). I can also give you a link to download my Don't Starve folder too if you think it may help trying it out yourselves, you just need to ask. Tell me if you found out the problem or if you need some other informations (like the log i gave you). I hope this bug will be easy and not boring to fix :grin:

Also, is it normal that Winnie gains some naughtiness and loses one sanity point every time i strike something and gains one every time i eat some non-meat food? Last time a krampus spawned while i was fighting some hounds (i didn't kill some animals before). If you tweaked the naughtiness sistem in Winnie, i think that could be the thing that makes the game crash.

All we should need is Don't Starve's log.txt (and not dxdiag). You can check this thread for how to find it.

Very sorry, i didn't check what i was linking. Here's my log :-)

It looks like you're running an old version of Always On Status. Updating it should fix the issue.

It looks like you're running an old version of Always On Status. Updating it should fix the issue.

Updated Always on status, still not working :(

Updated Always on status, still not working :(

Sigh, as it turns out, Always On Status has a different code for the forum and the Steam Workshop releases. Up and Away is compatible with the Steam Workshop version of Always On Status, but currently not with the forum one.

A fix making it compatible with both will come with the next U&A update. (it has already been implemented)

is there going to be an alpha 0.0.6 or beta's coming? or when beta's coming?

There's going to be an alpha-0.0.6. But we've been working on beta on the side ever since we first released alpha.

Our alpha updates focus on fixing bugs and improving gameplay balance. The beta release will be a content update (including all fixes done throughout alpha). Beta will be released once we feel that (1) we have enough content in it and (2) the major issues in alpha were fixed.

Sigh, as it turns out, Always On Status has a different code for the forum and the Steam Workshop releases. Up and Away is compatible with the Steam Workshop version of Always On Status, but currently not with the forum one.

A fix making it compatible with both will come with the next U&A update. (it has already been implemented)

Thanks for the support you gave me, everyone. You are the best :)

How do I get UP there?

Shopkeeper mention something about beefalo ?!

Bring him a beefalo and he will give you some magic beans. Plant thoose beans in a grave and wait for the full moon. A giant beanstalk will grow and you will be able to get up there.

what are the recipes to brew tea??

Tea leaf and something else, but I'm not sure...

EDIT: According to brewer recipebook - tea leaf and anything (if you add honey, you will get sweet tea ;-) )

Unable to download

Why can't it download?

It takes you to another page when you hit download; just hit download again there.

Updated, now it works with Always on status while using Winnie :grin:

Yes, the code for Always On Status is different for the forum and Steam Workshop releases. Up and Away was compatible with the Steam version of Always On, but we hadn't realised there was an issue with the forum version.

@Pattymaionese

The shopkeeper spawns on the main road (That's the cobblestone one) during rainstorms.