• The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.

Up and Away alpha-0.2.8

20 Screenshots

About This File

Attention!

We recommend that you also install the MemSpikeFix mod. This will lower the normally heavy memory load that occurs when you have multiple large mods activated, or many many small mods activated. If you are experiencing crashes or extremely long load times while having multiple mods activated, the MemSpikeFix mod may fix or alleviate these issues.

The MemSpikeFix is available both as a forum download and as a Steam Workshop subscription.

You know, you're a hard worker. Life in this desolate land is tough. You've got to fight to survive, scratching out a living in the dirt, clinging on by whatever means necessary. Just hoping that tomorrow will come.

What if I told you there was more than this out there? That right above your head, up there in the sky there was a whole new world? A paradise unlike any other.

Would you like to see it?

I ask very little of you. For a small sum, a kingdom can be yours. The very land you tread is as soft as any mattress. There's food wherever you look. A veritable buffet of the sweetest treats you'll ever enjoy.

Doesn't that sound good?

Animals of all shapes and sizes will flock to you. Weird and wondrous sights a-plenty. What about a giant mushroom? What about a giant mushroom made entirely of jelly? There's all that and more.

You don't have to stay here, jumping at shadows and living off bark. I shall wait for you on the road as rain falls. Come, come find me and I'll give you your freedom.

Why not go Up and Away?

Up and Away adds an entirely new world to explore. To get started, you must find the Shopkeeper, a suspicious fellow who will spawn along the brick road during the rain. Among the new content added, there is a new tech branch, new mechanics, and much more. For those in a rush, a preset has been added to simplify the process of gaining access to the land above.

The mod is currently in alpha, and so there may exist bugs and incompatibilities with other mods. If you find any, do report it, as fixing any possible issues is a priority. Feedback is welcome and encouraged!

What's New in Version alpha-0.2.8   See changelog

Released

• + Fixed a crash on strart that occured to some shenanigans with mount_enabled, added with the QOL update.
    + The mod should function properly without DLC.
  • + Fixed the clock not changing color when loading a save in which static is occuring.
  • Like 8
  • Haha 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

It say crashed on last start, automatically disabled. I have ROG. No other mods installed.

It say crashed on last start, automatically disabled. I have ROG. No other mods installed.

Could you please post your log?

do you mean the one at C:\Users\user\Documents\Klei\DoNotStarve

thank you by the way. I change the api version from 6 to 5 . now it's working properly :D I love it 

Guys it's not working.I enable it in the mod page but it is not getting loaded.

Could you please post your log? What copy of the game are you running?

Hey @debugman18, looks like this guy don't know how to change API value back to 5...

@LeonSKennedy - Open modinfo.lua in text editor and change api_version to 5...

The bugs I faced:

1) The Octocopter didn't attack me, his tentacles were just appearing/disappearing sometimes.

2) I didn't kill a single beanlet, but a beanclop came for me.

3) The weather changes too fast. The rain, the heat, the cold without any transition...it's pretty annoying.

4) The kettle have some problems with animation - it's cover disappears sometimes.

5) I'm not sure if it happens because of this mod, but following beefalo (very often) and Chester (just twice) stop and stay until more than one screen part us from one another. Than Chester teleports in my direction, remaining over the screen, and beefalo just turn out and go away.

Also I have some remarks and calls.

1) It is too easy to farm nightmare fuel from those mini horrors.

2) Beanlets look a little off the don't starve atmosphere. Maybe you can think how to change them?

3) Beanclops don't have an individuality. Maybe you can later change them too?

In a conclusion: the mod is awesome. It's very atmospheric, besides some trifles, just as I like. I really enjoy it, and my critique have only one purpose - to help you improve it some more.)

• Like 1

ROG:Where there's a wilson.

Sure, but what version (revision number)? Press backspace with the game open and note the number on the bottom left corner of the screen.

The bugs I faced:

1) The Octocopter didn't attack me, his tentacles were just appearing/disappearing sometimes.

2) I didn't kill a single beanlet, but a beanclop came for me.

3) The weather changes too fast. The rain, the heat, the cold without any transition...it's pretty annoying.

4) The kettle have some problems with animation - it's cover disappears sometimes.

5) I'm not sure if it happens because of this mod, but following beefalo (very often) and Chester (just twice) stop and stay until more than one screen part us from one another. Than Chester teleports in my direction, remaining over the screen, and beefalo just turn out and go away.

Also I have some remarks and calls.

1) It is too easy to farm nightmare fuel from those mini horrors.

2) Beanlets look a little off the don't starve atmosphere. Maybe you can think how to change them?

3) Beanclops don't have an individuality. Maybe you can later change them too?

In a conclusion: the mod is awesome. It's very atmospheric, besides some trifles, just as I like. I really enjoy it, and my critique have only one purpose - to help you improve it some more.)

We appreciate the feedback!

1. I'll look into this.

2. Beanclops is spawned even if other things kill the beanlets. This could be adjusted, but we'll see.

3. Could you elaborate?

4. We have this fixed in an upcoming patch.

5. I have no idea what that's about. Are you using other mods as well?

1. I agree, I'll lower the loot rate.

2. I'm not sure. Could you describe in what way they are "off"?

3. We will in the future. That is actually placeholder. That poor beanclops is cursed or something.

Hmm, when I came to the Octocopter the second time (with another character), he striked me with damage ~ 30 through football helmet and some animation (I don't know, was it correct or not, but it was). Same version of mod, same version of game.

3. Could you elaborate?

==

Sorry, I'm not very well in english.) What do you mean?

5. I have no idea what that's about. Are you using other mods as well?

==

Yes, but before I installed this one, I didn't have such a problem. However, I'll try to repeat this bug with no other mods 'on' some later.

2. I'm not sure. Could you describe in what way they are "off"?

==

Actually I don't know myself what's wrong with them to me.) Maybe the matter is in their faces - the style differs with the original style of the game. Maybe it's a lack of sane animation of moving. But they seem pasted from another game or something. IMHO, of course.)

Hmm, when I came to the Octocopter the second time (with another character), he striked me with damage ~ 30 through football helmet and some animation (I don't know, was it correct or not, but it was). Same version of mod, same version of game.

How weird.

As for the weather, what weather are you talking about?

i can only get up with winnie?

You can go up with any character.

Sorry, I'm not very well in english.) What do you mean?

What do you mean by weather transitions? It's permanent winter in the cloudrealm, so there are no weather transitions :razz:. It does snow in snow biomes (the snow starts when you enter it, and it stops when you exit it), but that's just a visual effect; but if you used the Tropospherical Relay then this snow becomes rain, which has a gameplay impact since it adds wetness (if you have Reign of Giants).

What do you mean by weather transitions? It's permanent winter in the cloudrealm, so there are no weather transitions :razz:. It does snow in snow biomes (the snow starts when you enter it, and it stops when you exit it), but that's just a visual effect; but if you used the Tropospherical Relay then this snow becomes rain, which has a gameplay impact since it adds wetness (if you have Reign of Giants).

I didn't use the Tropospherical Relay but often suffer from the rain (from a few seconds to several days). Also sometimes heaven became so hot that when I get down in winter(!) I lose health from overheating nearly until next evening. Maybe it conflicts with any other mod, but I have no idea, with wich. None of them touches anything about temperature or seasons.

I didn't use the Tropospherical Relay but often suffer from the rain (from a few seconds to several days). Also sometimes heaven became so hot that when I get down in winter(!) I lose health from overheating nearly until next evening. Maybe it conflicts with any other mod, but I have no idea, with wich. None of them touches anything about temperature or seasons.

Which other mods do you have enabled?

Which other mods do you have enabled?

Beefalo milk, Better crashes, Chester Choice, Deep Freezer, Double-bladed skythe, Fish Farm, Dawnbreak, Madman's Fighting Pack, Musha, Stinky in here, Storm Cellar, Survival Gear, Useful Flooring, Wallgates, Working signposts, Wren, WX-Overhaul

Beefalo milk, Better crashes, Chester Choice, Deep Freezer, Double-bladed skythe, Fish Farm, Dawnbreak, Madman's Fighting Pack, Musha, Stinky in here, Storm Cellar, Survival Gear, Useful Flooring, Wallgates, Working signposts, Wren, WX-Overhaul

Were you playing as Wren? Because Wren does affect the weather based on her sanity. I'm not sure this would also explain the heat issue (this could also be caused by holding a very hot golden egg for long, was that the case?), but it does explain the rain. When her sanity goes down, she triggers rain.

One more thing.Screenshot_8670444_12355391.png

My cursor was nearly at the top of screenshot. I couldn't, for example, go to that point or pick up something that could lie there without turning a screen. Also it seems like I can endlessly multiply the gustflowers - pick up first (it remains on it's place with no visual changing), than plant it nearly, than pick up the second (that I just planted) etc.

Were you playing as Wren? Because Wren does affect the weather based on her sanity. I'm not sure this would also explain the heat issue (this could also be caused by holding a very hot golden egg for long, was that the case?), but it does explain the rain. When her sanity goes down, she triggers rain.

No, I neither played Wren nor touched golden eggs. That were Wilson and Wendy.

No, I neither played Wren nor touched golden eggs. That were Wilson and Wendy.

I'll see if the Wren mod affects the weather even if you're not playing as Wren, and more generally see if any of these mods can cause these issues.