• The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.

Warfarin, The Tricky Thief! 5, The Tricky Thief

8 Screenshots

About This File

Years ago, a moody teenager cobbled together a character mod that did fairly well up until it completely broke. Now, that teenager is back as a responsible adult with a 9-5 job to bring you...

Warfarin: The Tricky Thief

Stats:

45 health

100 hunger

100 sanity (Drains half as fast in darkness, but twice as fast as default from monsters)

Mute

Can dash!

Hitting the Dash Key will sent Warfarin forwards in a quick dash that will dodge attacks, and Warfarin can dash into the ocean to reappear with a huge hit to their stats! Good for escapes, not so good for general exploring.

Jumping over a wall will make Warfarin climb and vault over it, making the dash go considerably farther.

Deals 75% default damage.

Can pickpocket pigmen at dusk.

Picks up everything instantly: Berry bushes, grass, crock pots, drying racks, etc.

Stealth:

Can hide in trees, berry bushes, tall grass, and saplings. Doesn't work if the saplings or tall grass has been picked.

Can hide in neutral treeguards for a mobile cover!

Enemies will see you if they get too close. The distance depends on how much light is nearby.

With a dagger equipped, you can ambush enemies while stealthed for massive damage! ambushing an enemy leaves them bleeding for a few seconds.

Throwing knife:

Long range

Low damage

1-use. Has a chance to survive and fall onto the ground where you can pick it back up.

Get 2 per craft.

The explosive throwing knife explodes for an extra 100 damage and ignites the target.

Dagger:

Attack twice as fast as any other weapon.

Allows ambushing!

Flint Dagger:

Low damage

Plenty of uses

Majestic Dagger:

High damage

Bit less uses

Night Dagger:

Vey High damage

Few uses

Ceremonial Dagger:

High Damage

Increases ambush range

Multi-Colored Pestilence:

Ship-wrecked only

Not a dagger

Moderate damage

Poisons all nearby enemies upon striking.

Not Very Short Bow:

Opens up the 'arrow tab'. Plop an arrow in there and you can fire it by attacking!

Arrows:

Require the bow to use!

Long range.

Normal Arrow:

Very high damage

15% for arrow to survive and be retrievable.

Rock Arrow:

Very low damage

Shoot walls to aggro all enemies in the area to the wall. Hay walls have a short aggro range, then wood walls, then stone walls, and ruin walls have the largest range.

Water Arrow:

Extinguish things!

No damage, ludicrous damage to the Dragonfly

Makes you cold when you're holding it.

Explosive Arrow:

Moderate damage

Ignites enemies

Explodes after 1-2 seconds of impact, dealing Ludicrous damage to everything nearby

Makes you overheat when holding it.

Pointy Arrow:

High damage

Makes enemies bleed

Killing birds and rabbits gives twice the karma loss.

Shooting even enemies or bosses will give 2 bad karma per shot. It's a pretty nasty weapon!

Smoke Bomb:

Throw at your feet to make all enemies stop targetting you! Makes you untargetable for 3 seconds.

Hallowed Mask:

Moderate armour

Can be used to surround yourself with blood-sucking insects to steal health for you!

Hidey Hood:

Short duration

Invisible while not performing actions. Can not ambush.

What's New in Version 5, The Tricky Thief   See changelog

Released

Rebalanced the entire mod

Remade just about the entire mod

Mod and DLC compatibility

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Health 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

it wont load it auto disables and it says its crashed im using RoG version of mod with RoG installed

it wont load it auto disables and it says its crashed im using RoG version of mod with RoG installed

the same here :/

the same here :/

If you're using the standalone version of Don't Starve, try updating it. If you're using Steam, try going into properties and verifying integrity of game cache, to redownload any faulty files in the game.

I can't seem to get it to work either without it either crashing and stalling at a black screen or crashing to desktop now.  Did the hotfix released on June 24th possibly have any effect on this mod?

I can't seem to get it to work either without it either crashing and stalling at a black screen or crashing to desktop now.  Did the hotfix released on June 24th possibly have any effect on this mod?

For the game? The API version update, I believe. You'll have to update the game for the mod to work if you're playing standalone Don't Starve.

Crashes everytime i use water,fire,rock arrow..  Says missing declare on 

Warfarinarrow_normal.

Is there any chance you could make some of the items, namely the Bow, available for all characters? I've been playing with this mod for a few days and love it so, but I really with I could get a really good balanced bow for my favourite character, Wendy. :)

this mods can active with me but the problem is.. on the character page when i want to choose warfarin, theres no image of him instead of black square, but still i can use it

and the other problem for me is, his weapon tab stealth doesnt have its own image buat black square and so the weapon, when i craft it.. well it can be crafted but its only black thing and no images.. help..

He is "sticky fingered", so shouldn't he not be prone to dropping very wet items in RoG, right?

They don't literally have sticky fingers. It's a metaphorical 'title' for people who ****** things- like thieves.  

Why was s-n-a-t-c-h turned to *****? Get yer mind out of the gutter, forums!

Need update. Warfarin-RoG crashed with mods and without mods

Do you have small textures on?

But yes, I'd love an update to fix the black box items.

Do you have small textures on?

But yes, I'd love an update to fix the black box items.

That would require me to redraw every single item in the mod. I'm just too busy at the moment.

That would require me to redraw every single item in the mod. I'm just too busy at the moment.

I understand. But out of curiosity, is it because of real life troubles?

I understand. But out of curiosity, is it because of real life troubles?

Partially, yes.

I want to play this mod but it still have a block box problem , it appears when I wear something like Hidey Hood , Dagger , and other items he got , so it makes me annoying .

Just a heads up, I've found a slight "incompatibility" (maybe that's the wrong word here, since it's more of a graphical glitch) when this mod is active along with Fidooop's "Nightmare Crafting Tab". The transparency effect will perpetually flicker on and off whenever it's called from either your mod, or his. It doesn't seem to affect the sneaking mechanic at all, and is generally just annoying to look at. Aside from that, I'll just say that while I generally stay away from any kind of custom characters, this character is by far on of my favorite's to play. Super huge fan of your mods man, always looking forward to what you put out next! ^ ^

Just a heads up, I've found a slight "incompatibility" (maybe that's the wrong word here, since it's more of a graphical glitch) when this mod is active along with Fidooop's "Nightmare Crafting Tab". The transparency effect will perpetually flicker on and off whenever it's called from either your mod, or his. It doesn't seem to affect the sneaking mechanic at all, and is generally just annoying to look at. Aside from that, I'll just say that while I generally stay away from any kind of custom characters, this character is by far on of my favorite's to play. Super huge fan of your mods man, always looking forward to what you put out next! ^ ^

Yep, that sounds about right. Anything that changes the player colour will cause Warfarin to flicker, due to the stealth mechanic functioning as a periodic task.