• The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.

Equivalent Exchange v2 (SW Compatible) v2.9.5

1 Screenshot

About This File

Equivalent Exchange v2

(SW Compatible)

Redesigned version of the original Equivalent Exchange mod. This mod allows you to convert different items into each other.

Basics:

Every item in game has an EMC value, a hidden "matter" energy, which can be converted to other items using an Alchemy and Exchanging Chests.

Changed Science Machine:

You can "give" items to a Science Machine to see, how much EMC is the item worth. Doing that will not consume the item. The machine outputs two values (248/300 EMC for ex.) - the first one is the EMC value you could get if you exchanged that stack of items right now. This value is affected by stack size, durability, freshness, internal EMC buffer etc. The second value is the actual EMC value of the item, not taking stack size or durability, etc. into account.

Changed Alchemy Engine:

You can give items to an Alchemy Engine, and they will be converted into EMC energy items (Golden nuggets, Dark Matter, etc.)

Alchemical Chest:

Because putting single items into the Alchemy Engine gets old and tedious pretty quick, there is an Alchemical Chest, which converts items placed in its inventory into Golden Nuggets.

Exchanging Chest:

An upgraded version of Alchemical Chest, the Exchanging Chest is able to convert the items in it's inventory into target item. Target item must be placed in the upper, target slot and enough EMC energy in form of other items needs to be provided.

Alchemical Researcher:

Spoiler

Alchemical Researcher will create blueprints of given items. Put the item you want the blueprint of in the upper slot, put 3 golden nuggets in the bottom (cost) slot, close the inventory and wait for the blueprint !

You can get a random blueprint when researching Knowledge Fragments - you can find more info under the 'Knowledge Fragment' spoiler.

Upgrading Chests:

Spoiler

You can upgrade Alchemical and Exchanging Chests by putting one Gold/Dark Nugget in each slot of the chest, and reopening it. Gold/Dark Nuggets will be consumed in the process...

Alchemy Chest is upgradeable with Gold Nuggets.

Exchanging Chest is upgradeable with Dark Nuggets.

After upgrading, chests will be exchanging items faster and, instead of dropping gold/items on the ground, they will store them directly in its own inventory.

Philosopher's Stone:

Spoiler

Philosopher's Stone can exchange EMC energy on-the-go. It also can be used as EMC energy storage unit. Simply place EMC energy storage item (such as Golden Nugget, Dark Matter, etc.) in it, close it and energy will be exchanged, sorted and stored. It can also exchange non-EMC energy storage item (any other item), but this process is MUCH slower than the first one. It's mainly used as a EMC storage for travel. Also, caring Philosopher's Stone in inventory causes killed creatures to drop "Energy Orbs". They have 50% chance of doing this.

Knowledge Fragment:

Spoiler

Knowledge Fragment, is an item, that can drop from almost any creature (including rabbits and birds). You can put it in Alchemical Researcher, and get a random blueprint out of it. There is a 75% chance, that it will be an EE blueprint. This allows you to for ex. make silk in spider-less worlds. If you research all EE recipes, you can use it to get any other blueprint in game. Like all other items, it contains some EMC energy inside, but it cannot be exchanged - killing creatures is the only way to get it.

Keep in mind, that this is a pretty rare item - creatures like rabbits and birds have a 0.1% (0.001 or 1/1000) chance of dropping it, so it beats 'Krampus Sack' (which has 1% (0.01 or 1/100) chance of dropping from Krampus). Chances of dropping Knowledge Fragment increases with creature difficulty.

Lightning Sword:

Spoiler

A very powerful (and expensive) sword, that can catch lightnings from the sky:

- Infinite durability

- Discharged does 50 damage

- Charged - based on percentage usage - up to 150 damage

- Super Charged - 150 damage, and ability to kill ANY creature with single lightning burst

Energy Bearing Item Tiers:

- Energy Orb - 1/40 Golden Nugget

- Golden Nugget

- Dark Matter - 20 Golden Nuggets

- Red Matter - 20 Dark Matters

- Miniature Black Hole - 20 Red Matters

Mod is crashing/not working, what I should do ?

Spoiler

If EE is crashing/not working/automatically disables itself etc., try these steps:

- Check if your mod is up to date - the issue you are experiencing may be fixed in latest update

- You can have an older version of the game - try changing the "api_version" value to 5 or 4 and trying again. "api_version" value can be found in 'modinfo.lua' file inside 'EE' folder. You can open that file with any text editor (ex. notepad)

- If you do the steps above and it's still not working/crashes etc., leave a comment below. It will be appreciated to post your log.txt and/or screen from crash along with, it really helps resolving the problem.

Compatibilities:

Spoiler

- Mod is compatible with older versions of the game

- Mod is compatible with RoG DLC

- versions 2.9.0+ should be compatible with SW DLC, if it's not, just let me know

- Mod is compatible with other mods (in most cases)

- Mod supports custom items (mod items) EMC values

Changing EMC values:

Spoiler

If you find that EMC values are to high/low, you can change EMC values modifier in "EE/tuning.lua"

If you have mod that has items that don't have EMC values, let me know and I will add it to the list :D

Mod is fully compatible with "RoG" and "SW" DLC !

Any bug report will be appreciated, if you find any, please leave a comment below !

What's New in Version v2.9.5   See changelog

Released

• v2.9.5:
  • - fixed the Alchemical Researcher not giving blueprints sometimes
  • - fixed an issue with items having 0 EMC value not getting removed/processed correctly
  • - fixed many other non-significant errors I found in my own 3 year old code
  • - all mod items now float on water, this prevents you from losing very valuable materials (animation is broken/missing right now, I need someone who knows how to add 'on-water' animation)
  • - added Red Matter Multitool - red matter axe, pickaxe and shovel in one tool, craftable under EE Misc tab
  • - added Knowledge Fragment drop chances to all SW DLC mobs and bosses
  • - added missing EMC values for SW DLC items
  • - more balancing of EMC values (again)
  • - I'm making this a new, SW DLC stable release, thus removing v2.8.6 from download
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I (hopefully) fixed that problem you have been experiencing, try it with new version: v2.5.2, and let me know if it still crashes...

The game crashes if I try to make a blueprint of an item that doesn't stack.(Guardians horn, beefalo horn etc.)

Changes in v2.5.5 :

OK, I fixed issue with Alchemical Researcher, now it works properly...

Updated mod to new version of RoG DLC :

- Added values to new RoG DLC items,

- Made ALL GIANTS DROPS blueprint-able and exchange-able, Have fun playing with those ;-)

Worth noting that purple gems are worth twice as much as its components, making it possible to cheat the system by turning purple gems into blue and red gems then making twice as many purple gems each time.

edit: After playing some more I've noticed that stone walls also are worth more than the sum of its parts.

There is no simple way of assigning EMC values to each item in the game... For now, it's a long list of manually assigned values, based on my 600+ days game-play and rarity of item... I am working on simpler way of managing EMC values by checking recipe ingredients... The thing is, EMC values are assigned on world loading, where all items don't have EMC values yet, so it's tricky... For now, remains EMC manually tweaking and balancing... Thanks for the report, values will be tweaked in the next update...

Also, shift-clicking don't work with Alchemical Researcher; I'm going to came up with possible way of handling this problem... When I figure it out, this fix will also be in next update...

OK, so, I FINALLY finished coding of function, that properly assigns EMC value to each craftable item... "Raw", noncraftable items still have fixed EMC value... That removes cheaty possibilities, like duplicating items, and add support for craftable items from other mods...

Whoa, that was tricky to code... If anyone want to see a function that does this magic - open "EMCvals.lua" in text editor, that function is on the bottom of the file - yes, it's that long only for correct assignment of EMC values...

In "tuning.lua" you can disable new EMC calculating stuff - I left it there, so if you have problems with new system, you can disable it and get back old way of assigning EMC values...

If your game is loading longer than before update, try lowering the EMC_ASSIGN_ITERATIONS in "tuning.lua"...

If you want to help me figure out your problem, change in "tuning.lua" variable: GLOBAL.EEdebug from false to true, run the game once and post your log.txt...

Also, I have managed to add a shift-click functionality to Alchemical Researcher...

That was tricky too, but it should work now. If not, please, let me know ;)

OK, so there will be update of EE soon, fixed some issues with shift-clicking into Alchemical Researcher, fixed duplication bug and added new, very useful item...

I'm only waiting for new version of RoG DLC, to add new items etc., so stay tuned ! ;-)

Based off of minecrafts EE but this is really nice i love it Im downloading it never disabling it ^.^ unless im doing some challenges etc.

No, sadly, it's not on the steam workshop... You can hovever instal it manually, all you need to do, is download my mod, unzip it and move unzipped folder to your "mods" folder, inside "steamapps/dontstarve"... Hope it helps ;-)

Ok, so I just uploaded EE v2.6.1 - couple of bugfixes and a NEW ITEM - Philosopher's Stone - You can store EMC energy with it, eg. for travel - have fun playing with it ;)

BUG: after updating to 2.6.1 the game crashes after clicking on the dark matter crafting tab or the dress crafting tab

Any screen from crash or log.txt ? It's hard to tell what's wrong without these...

I Never Changed anything from the mod file it was a fresh extract from the mod downloaded from the site i also disabled every other mod i had to prevent conflicts when testing. There is a file called  EMCvalsOLD in the mod file though.

*cough* I found this error when placing drying rack:

.../Don't Starve/data/../mods/EE/modmain.lua:544: attempt to call global 'GetHintTextForRecipe' (a nil value)

LUA ERROR stack traceback:

D:/Program Files/Don't Starve/data/../mods/EE/modmain.lua(544,1) in function 'Refresh'

D:/Program Files/Don't Starve/data/scripts/widgets/recipepopup.lua(267,1) in function 'SetRecipe'

D:/Program Files/Don't Starve/data/scripts/widgets/craftslot.lua(161,1) in function 'Refresh'

D:/Program Files/Don't Starve/data/scripts/widgets/craftslot.lua(170,1) in function 'SetRecipe'

D:/Program Files/Don't Starve/data/scripts/widgets/crafting.lua(137,1) in function 'UpdateRecipes'

D:/Program Files/Don't Starve/data/scripts/widgets/crafting.lua(78,1) in function 'SetFilter'

D:/Program Files/Don't Starve/data/scripts/widgets/crafttabs.lua(91,1) in function 'selectfn'

D:/Program Files/Don't Starve/data/scripts/widgets/tab.lua(150,1) in function 'Select'

D:/Program Files/Don't Starve/data/scripts/widgets/tab.lua(43,1) in function 'OnControl'

D:/Program Files/Don't Starve/data/scripts/widgets/widget.lua(112,1) in function 'OnControl'

D:/Program Files/Don't Starve/data/scripts/widgets/widget.lua(112,1) in function 'OnControl'

D:/Program Files/Don't Starve/data/scripts/screens/playerhud.lua(291,1) in function 'OnControl'

D:/Program Files/Don't Starve/data/scripts/frontend.lua(235,1) in function 'OnControl'

D:/Program Files/Don't Starve/data/scripts/input.lua(138,1) in function 'OnControl'

D:/Program Files/Don't Starve/data/scripts/input.lua(312,1)

scripts/frontend.lua(717,1) SCRIPT ERROR! Showing error screen

Ok, ok, I got the problem, but it's much complex than i thought... The strange thing is, it's not crashing for me... Something went terribly wrong with the upload, the fix for duplication bug with green amulet is not working, I will be fixing it; v2.6.2, sadly, must wait until tomorrow...

For now, I'm switching back to v2.6...

And BTW guys, thank you very much for helping me develop my mod ;-)