• The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.

33 Screenshots

About This File

111mglk_jpg.png

“Hero in the Dark” – Is a traditional fantasy mod This mod will incorporate traditional fantasy elements and lore while retaining the artistic style and the survive or die elements of Don’t Starve. A large focus of the lore and design of the mod will be from D&D and other games/books within the genre. Barbarians, shadow knights, druids, Necromancers etc etc

The goals of this mod are to make an alternate form of Don’t Starve, not to add on to its current game. We have added in creatures, events, more lvs, boss mobs, items, dungeons, unique leveling system, 12 playable character(not all characters are in yet)s, 100's of new recipes etc.

Here is the first version of Beta. We are still looking for more artists coders and people to help with character scripts to join our team. We need things from Characters, items, monsters, terrain etc We are currently looking for 2 to 3 artists/animators and 1 to 2 people to help with character scripting. If you are interested please send me a pm.

(Note: this is still in Beta, we are still missing some artwork and character scripts, I am not posting this to steam as of yet)

(Note: if you are using a controller, you must disable spell books. To do this, hit the configure button on the mod page inside the game and turn off spell books)

Please give feedback within this thread and bug reports here or in a PM to me. Don't forget to follow our mod and rate it!

We now have our own sub forum here

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/forum/64-mod-collaboration-hero-in-the-dark/

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/33476-mod-hero-in-the-dark/

We now have our own Wiki !

http://hero-in-the-dark.wikia.com/wiki/Hero_in_the_Dark_Wiki

What's New in Version Beta 0.03   See changelog

Released

• Beta 0.03
  • bugfixes
  • Like 22
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Great mod so far! but I have come across an issue. I'll outline it for you

1. Be Monk,

2. Befriend pig with monster meat (found pig camp near orc camp, but I doubt it's the orcs)

3. try to stand near pig for sanity gain

4. lag....a lot.

That's all folks, I'll post more bugs or issues as I come across them, would love to see this one resolved as pigs are my main sanity gain mechanism.

We tested it, no lag.

What mods are you using? 

(and you should not post potential bugs here, we have a bug section for that in our sub forums.

view-8239620_crash.jpg

I Have a problem,please help me !

view-8239620_crash.jpg

I Have a problem,please help me !

The picture is not showing and also post any problems in the bug section of the forums.

I started playing as the dark knight and my sanity level was dropping VERY quickly. Is it intentional? If so, what should I do? Or this mode not compatible with other small mods? 

I started playing as the dark knight and my sanity level was dropping VERY quickly. Is it intentional? If so, what should I do? Or this mode not compatible with other small mods? 

you should avoid nice things, they swear with darkness...

Mod not working crashed

this mod not working !

1. the mod works fine.

2. you should be posting in the bug section.

3. We need more information than "this is not working"

4. we need crash screen or log.txt

not working

because you're using a pirated version of the game, don't be a cheapskate and spend 5$ to buy the game ( how do i know this, he send me a message saying, "hi , so i downloaded it and added to mods folder ... started game and it says : crashed automaticaly disabled ... some other mods not working to ... only one mod working : display food values ...i have reign of giants version ( downloaded cracked version ) .... so i wonder how to fix mods cuz they are awesome  :grin: and game is amazing  :-)))"

so i got enticed by the content of this awesome mod considering i am totally addicted with mods and RPG.

im just gonna pop it here but will this get a compatibility patch with rpg hud(regular/neat) because i cant live my life without being able to store my backpacks on other storage containers. it would be cool if it got a compatibility patch guys. this is neat. also can i ask something. im using a custom character ezio and proceeded to make my first smelter and then stuffed it with copper for good measure. after a while it just sayd empty smelter and did not get anything. and when i try to break it it crashes the game. is there something wrong with my game? i can provide more info on what mods i have if you guys can help me. so i found out that regular rpg hud works if you disable some of the feature from its config and viola it works.

Why do I still crash? What should I do to work this mod? I've Reign of Giants

telling us that you crashed does nothing to help.

Post a picture of the crash screen and your log.txt in our bug sub forums.

Hi there, i dont know how to contact you but i would like to contribute with the mod. Im a musician and composer, could help with some battle, ambiental, incidental, even character soundtracks and sfx, Please contact me if interested. I created this account just to post here