• The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.

33 Screenshots

About This File

111mglk_jpg.png

“Hero in the Dark” – Is a traditional fantasy mod This mod will incorporate traditional fantasy elements and lore while retaining the artistic style and the survive or die elements of Don’t Starve. A large focus of the lore and design of the mod will be from D&D and other games/books within the genre. Barbarians, shadow knights, druids, Necromancers etc etc

The goals of this mod are to make an alternate form of Don’t Starve, not to add on to its current game. We have added in creatures, events, more lvs, boss mobs, items, dungeons, unique leveling system, 12 playable character(not all characters are in yet)s, 100's of new recipes etc.

Here is the first version of Beta. We are still looking for more artists coders and people to help with character scripts to join our team. We need things from Characters, items, monsters, terrain etc We are currently looking for 2 to 3 artists/animators and 1 to 2 people to help with character scripting. If you are interested please send me a pm.

(Note: this is still in Beta, we are still missing some artwork and character scripts, I am not posting this to steam as of yet)

(Note: if you are using a controller, you must disable spell books. To do this, hit the configure button on the mod page inside the game and turn off spell books)

Please give feedback within this thread and bug reports here or in a PM to me. Don't forget to follow our mod and rate it!

We now have our own sub forum here

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/forum/64-mod-collaboration-hero-in-the-dark/

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/33476-mod-hero-in-the-dark/

We now have our own Wiki !

http://hero-in-the-dark.wikia.com/wiki/Hero_in_the_Dark_Wiki

What's New in Version Beta 0.03   See changelog

Released

• Beta 0.03
  • bugfixes
  • Like 22
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

well, it's a rar split not a set of separate files, the first file points to the rest of them. So you need them all in same directory, and then just hit extract on the first, if that throws errors it's either a download corruption or an issue with formats, try getting http://www.7-zip.org/

Why is such a small file split anyway? Is 18mb that large of a file?  o_O

10mb is the default file size quota here... until they raise it, there is nothing we can do. And yes it is ridiculously small. If it doesn't change soon, we will have to provide alternate download locations, as much of a hassle maintenance is, as it's clear there are too many people having issues this way.

yeah, I think we will be getting increased size for the uploads of the mod by the time of the next update hopefully :)

also you can give some feedback, report bugs and drop some suggestions if you want. You will also find some more detailed information about the mod. 

I just started playing this mod today and I'm LOVING it.

I'm using the Paladin currently and I'm level 7. 

Once I hit this level or maybe the last, I earned the ability "LOH" but I have absolutely no idea what it does. 

Any hints? 

Once I hit this level or maybe the last, I earned the ability "LOH" but I have absolutely no idea what it does. 

Any hints? 

LOH = Lay on Hands

can heal the wounds of himself or others(this will be added in when multiplayer comes to DS) by touch (150hp, long timer)

Any hints? 

Also, drop by our sub forums here (http://forums.kleientertainment.com/forum/64-mod-collaboration-hero-in-the-dark/) there is some info and also a place to ask us questions ;)

Glad you're loving it, the next update will be huge hehe

You might be able to put to use the characters in the game itself as the Wilson, Wolfgang, not only that you have added, or is this a bug?

You might be able to put to use the characters in the game itself as the Wilson, Wolfgang, not only that you have added, or is this a bug?

Not a bug, tho the mod is mainly meant to be played with our chars, that is, balanced around new abilities. At least for now.

At some point I might put in a leveling system for the original characters, but as @DeathDisciple said, this mod is balanced around our Heroes, not the original characters.

@simplex has made the real fix to memory issues with running multiple big mods, or too many smaller ones (notably HitD and UA at the same time), it can be downloaded here or if you prefer steam version.

I highly suggest you download and activate the fix, regardless of if LAA flag fixed your issues temporarily or not, because LAA is just delaying the inevitable, and is going to get overwritten on game updates. The mod above will apply to all your active mods and both lower the memory use and lower loading times.

Hello I have a request or not the council would do this mod again but at the latest on the werjsje because I have that is not the latest fashions dzała me this thanks in advance

Bro only leaves the forum for 2 weeks and a lot of things have happened ...
up and away and suffered arose updates
Hero in the Dark added a lot of incredible things
besides many other things ...

Crashed!

um...

We need to know more  than just "crashed!" if you want us to look at the issue, take a screenshot of the error screen or send us your log file after the crash.

you guys gonna make all textures look like the ones from the original don't starve characters?

Allways crashing when I want to spelunk :/

Normal cave entrance or the one near goblin huts?

Could you upload log file or error screen screenshot (if you're getting one)?

If you're getting no error screen, and the system resumes to worldgen screen and loads the dungeon level after reloading after crash, it's a known issue/race condition, the update coming soon will have options/potential workaround for it.

that giant orc there in the picture is some kind of boss? 

and By the way what do you think of creating a new page for 

you guys create monsters that would be cool!:D