• The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.

1 Screenshot

About This File

The mod is now known as "RPG mod", previously "Level Ups"

##########################################################

To get the most out of the new updates, start a new world! <-----------------

Hello, and welcome to my second mod: Level Ups!

Do you ever feel like endlessly killing hounds and spiders is a bit, well, unrewarding? Especially once you have three chests full of silk and teeth? Well, now you can add a bit of spice to combat!

When killing hounds, spiders, and most other monsters, now you have a chance of finding bonus loot: the "Xp Token!"

What's so special about the Xp Token is that when consumed, your character gain extra stats! Now, not only do you get chests and chests full of silk and teeth, but you become after finding these monsters!

----------------------------------------------------------

As of 2.4

-The class selection screen is now activated upon starting a new world.

-All classes now have passives. **(listed in the details)**

-Several custom recipes have been altered.

-A new class has been added.

As of 2.3

-Xp Token drop rates have been slightly increased. *read near the bottom of the page

-The Mob Token drop rate system has been reworked. *read about it in the 2.2 notes

-Special Pigs can no longer be killed, and no longer despawn.

-Special Pigs now drop slightly more Exquisite Meat per quest completed.

-Xp Tokens can now be crafted into 6 class-specific ingredients, rather than 1.

-The baton (melee) is now only received from the Quest Pig, and its drop rate has been increased

-The baton (ranged) is now only received from the Hunter Pig, and its drop rate has been increased

-The baton (magic) is now only received from the Rogue Pig, and its drop rate has been increased

As of 2.2

-The quest quest/task system has been reworked.

-New quests, mobs, setpieces, and items (some items are being kept for later use in future patches)!

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

You can now find 4 new setpieces upon generating a new world:

*Pig City

*Quest Pig Home

*Hunter Pig Home

*Rogue Pig Home

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

You can now receive quests from special pigs:

-Mysterious Pigs:

*Quest Pig -- Upon approaching this pig, he will ask you to bring you a specific item. These will be listed at the bottom of the update. Upon completion, you will be rewarded with 2 slaba of "Exquisite Meat", which can be traded with other pigs.

*Hunter Pig -- Upon approaching this pig, he will ask you to bring a specific relic, dropped from a specific monster or animal. These will be lister at the bottom of the update. Upon completion, you will be rewarded with 3 slabs of "Exquisite Meat", which can be traded with other pigs.

*Rogue Pig -- Upon approaching this pig, he will ask you to bring a specific relic, dropped from a specific BOSS monster. These will be listed at the bottom of the update. Upon completion, you will be rewarded with 5 slabs of "Exquisite Meat", which can be traded with other pigs.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

You can now purchase items from special trader pigs:

*The Butcher -- This pig will trade you random meats, from an assigned table, for a slab of "Exquisite Meat."

*The Farmer -- This pig will trade you random veggies, from an assigned table, for a slab of "Exquisite Meat."

*The Hunter -- This pig will trade you random monster/animal loot, from an assigned table, for a slab of "Exquisite Meat."

*The Jack-of-all-trades -- This pig will trade you random trinkets, from an assigned table, for a slab of "Exquisite Meat."

*The Jeweler -- This pig will trade you random gems, from an assigned table, for a slab of "Exquisite Meat."

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

New Items:

*Exquisite Meat - Used to trade with trader pigs.

*Mob-Specific Tokens - Dropped by various monsters, animals, and boss monsters, used to complete the Hunter and Rogue Pigs' tasks.

*Baton (Melee) - A sturdy, black baton. Deals moderately high damage.

*Baton (Ranged) - A sturdy, black baton. Deals slighty more damage. Launches a green projectile.

*Baton (Magic) - A sturdy, black baton. Deals even more damage. Launches a green projectile. Upon contact with a target, it will spawn a minion, which will follow you around and fight for you.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Minions!!

Minions are spawned through the use of the Baton (Magic). Minions will follow you around, as long as they live. You can spawn up to 6 minions at a time. They have a tiny damage output and a tiny amount of health, but will draw aggro from most monsters. They also do not scare away prey.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Details!!!!

Possible Quest Pig requests --

Belt of Hunger, Spider Hat, Mosquito Sack, One Man Band, Snurtle Shell Armor, Tam o' Shanter, Turkey Dinner, Waffles, Pumpkin Lantern, Leafy Meat, Glow Berry, Divining Rod, Bat Bat, Tentacle Spots, Blue Gem, Red Gem, Purple Gem, Yellow Gem, Orange Gem, Green Gem

Possible Hunter Pig requests: Find the mob-specific token to the following monsters/animals --

Spider (plain), Spider Warrior, Hound (plain), Batilisk, Slurtle & Snurtle, Depths Worm, Koalefant (summer & winter), Krampus, Rabbit (plain or beardling), Bunnyman, Crow & Redbird & Snowbird, Gobbler, Tallbird, Tentacle (classic), Frog

***The drop rate of the mob-specific tokens starts at 65%, and decays by 2% each day up until day 25.

Possible Rogue Pig requests: Find the boss-specific token to the following bosses --

Deerclops, Ancient Guardian, Treeguard, Spider Queen

***The drop rate of the boss-specific tokens is 100%.

++++ Where to find the New Pigs? ++++

-You will find the Pig Town relatively close to your spawn point. If you are positive that the Pig Town did not spawn, please contact me.

-You will find the Quest Pig somewhere in the plains.

-You will find the Hunter Pig somewhere in the forest.

-You will find the Rogue Pig somewhere in a rocky terrain.

As of 2.1:

-There is now a quest/task system in the game.

THE MAJORITY OF THIS PATCH'S CONTENT

HAS BEEN (REMOVED) AND REWORKED IN 2.2

As of 2.0:

-There is a new "Class" system. Upon hitting level 2 starting a new game, you now are able to choose between the Classes: Chemist, Inventor, Warrior, Witch, and Vagabond. Upon choosing a class, you gain all the attributes of the class, which include:

Passive attribute, and Class-specific recipes.

-there is now a counter which displays your current level.

-there is now a counter which displays your current class.

-Class specific recipe prototypes are unlocked upon hitting a specified level, rather than using a Tech Machine.

As of 1.3.0, you are now able to spend Xp Tokens to create new and improved items!

As of 1.2.0, Xp Tokens also have a small chance of being dropped when harvesting resources ( such as stones and trees)!

Details:

-Classes:

-Chemist:

• Passive Attribute: Recipes do not require XP Tokens. Can only consume potions and XP Tokens.
  • Recipes:

1. Minor Potion of (Revitalization, Saturation, Imagination): Provides a small amount of (health, hunger, sanity)
  2. Potion of (Revitalization, Saturation, Imagination): Provides a moderate amount of (health, hunger, sanity)
  3. Mighty Potion of (Revitalization, Saturation, Imagination): Provides a large amount of (health, hunger, sanity)
  4. Epic Potion of (Revitalization, Saturation, Imagination):Provides a huge amount of (health, hunger, sanity)

Inventor:

• Passive Attribute: Has all science recipes unlocked. Cannot create any magic recipes. Cannot be resurrected. "Refine" recipes require one less ingredient, each.
  • Recipes:

1. Better Torch: Last longer than a normal torch, and is immune to rain.
  2. Better Axe: Lasts longer than a normal axe, and deals more damage.
  3. Better Pickaxe: Lasts longer than a normal pickaxe, and deals more damage.
  4. Prototype (X, Y, Z, unknown): Blowdart - Deals more damage than a normal blowdart.
  5. Eclectic Apparatus: A shooting mechanism based off of gears and gunpowder.
  6. Electrical Surge Sender: A shooting mechanism based off of electricity.

Warrior:

• Passive Attribute: Deals 20% more damage. All dealt damage deals additional area of effect damage. AoE damage hits for 20% of the attack. Has slower movement speed.
  • Recipes:

1. Blade on a Stick: A very basic sword.
  2. Steel Sword: A more powerful sword.
  3. Pig Bane: A sword, full of hate towards pigs.
  4. Bunny Bane: A sword, full of hate towards rabbits.
  5. Dog Bane: A sword, full of hate towards hounds.
  6. Suit of Steel: A heavy, and very sturdy suit of armor.

Witch:

• Passive Attribute: Can craft all amulets and staffs upon start. All amulets and staffs have modified recipes, which require MUCH less resources. Deals 33% less damage.
  • Recipes:

1. Rabbit Soul: Create and contain the life essence of a rabbit.
  2. Spider Soul: Create and contain the life essence of a spider.
  3. Pig Soul: Create and contain the life essence of a pigman.
  4. Bunnyman Soul: Create and contain the life essence of a bunnyman.
  5. Ghost Soul: Create and contain the life essence of a ghost.

Vagabond:

• Passive Attribute: Can only craft the starting recipes, along with a shovel. Unarmed attacks deal 50 damage, and scale with your level. Has a natural armor that absorbs 50% of all damage, scales very slowly with your level.
  • Recipes:

1. Fire Kit: Works as a torch, and a huge fuel source. Can be used to rest (sleep).

- - - - - - - -

Resources (2% Xp Token drop):

-Evergreen

-Lumpy Evergreen

-Spiky Tree

-Living Tree

-Boulder

-Gold Vein

-Flintless

-Stalagmite

-Tall Stalagmite

-Spilagmite

Boss Monsters (100% Xp Token drop):

-Treeguard

-Spider Queen

-Deerclops

-Ancient Guardian

Easy Monsters (4% Xp Token drop):

-Spider

-Slurper

-Batilisk

Normal Monsters (6% Xp Token drop):

-Spider Warrior

-Cave Spider

-Spitter

-Hound

-Red Hound

-Blue Hound

-Clockwork Knight

-Damaged Knight

-Clockwork Bishop

-Damaged Bishop

-Clockwork Rook

-Damaged Rook

Hard Monsters (8% Xp Token drop):

-Dangling Depth Dweller

-Terrorbeak

-Crawling Horror

-Tentacle

-Depths Worm

Stat Gain

Consuming an Xp Token grants:

+5 Health

+5 Hunger

+5 Sanity

..along with minor heals to all stats!

And that's all for the mod ( so far).

Special thanks to all the people who helped me along the way, notably squeek and ColeenMcCleod from the Don't Starve Forums.

Thanks, and enjoy!

What's New in Version 2.4   See changelog

Released

• Fixed a crash when selecting the warrior class.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Thanks, that would make my life perfect.

Quick question:

On the picture, the clock is WAY out of place, and there are a few random widgets in the middle of the screen, is that just the RPG HUD that you're currently using, or did that happen after using my mod?

Quick question:

On the picture, the clock is WAY out of place, and there are a few random widgets in the middle of the screen, is that just the RPG HUD that you're currently using, or did that happen after using my mod?

Yeah I do use  a lot of mods the same thing (sort of) happened with the multiplayer mod.

I can give you some detail if you want tomorrow.

Yeah I do use  a lot of mods the same thing (sort of) happened with the multiplayer mod.

I can give you some detail if you want tomorrow.

Could you add me on steam? Mine is: jimmeh57.

erm...i have no idea how to install this mod i never installed a mod for dont starve before....help :|

Getting a mod is much easier off of steam. If you have it, then go here, and just follow these few steps:

1. Find the subscribe button, and click it.

2. Go into your game, and press the mods button.

3. Find my mod, click on it to enable it, and press OK.

If you don't have steam, you can do this:

1. Press download.

2. Go to your downloads folder, and open up the .zip file.

3. Copy the RPGmod folder.

4. Find your Don't Starve folder.

5. Under the Don't Starve folder, go into mods.

6. Paste the RPGmod folder.

7. Go into your game.

8. Click on the mods button, and find my mod. Click on it to enable it, and press OK.

I hope this helps!

I have no problem with lastest RPG HUB 55 slot and lastest Alway on Status Icon version, good mod..

what machine do i need to prototype souls recipe?

You don't use machines, the prototypes are based off of your levels. In your case, the witch unlocks a new recipe every 10 levels (10, 20, 30, 40, 50).

I hope the Aliens are just a april fools thing :(

love your mod otherwise.

A Quest system from pigs etc would be great. ie.

Kill the spider dens nearby.

Get me a miners helmet.

Pig King quest would be harder and etc.

• Like 1

I hope the Aliens are just a april fools thing :(

love your mod otherwise.

A Quest system from pigs etc would be great. ie.

Kill the spider dens nearby.

Get me a miners helmet.

Pig King quest would be harder and etc.

Basically, the Alien task/quest deal was like a test, to see if I could do something like this. I personally think that the Aliens add.. sort of another whole story aspect to the game. That there were visitors to the world. Of course, if enough people don't like the whole Alien deal, I can always change it up a bit and turn them into pigs, for example.

I will definitely be adding more variety to the quests, but as I said, this was just a first attempt at this sort of thing. I personally like the idea of having to find an item in the world, and having to bring it back to the quest starter. Giving objectives such as killing a monster(s) also seems good.

Anyways, thanks for the feedback.

I've updated the mod and everything even re-downloaded the copy of don't starve i have but i keep get the mods out of date , then that its crashed , and on the third try i get its to be disabled.... its being really wonky  could you help?

I've updated the mod and everything even re-downloaded the copy of don't starve i have but i keep get the mods out of date , then that its crashed , and on the third try i get its to be disabled.... its being really wonky  could you help?

Sure, add me on steam: jimmeh57

Hello can you fix this mod again because it's crashed for me respond for help because it says crashed on last start

With dlc game crashes when i trying to choose a class

why it still crashes?

The mod is compatible with the DLC, most probably it crashed because you have an RPG HUD mod enabled, which are not compatible with my mod. I am working on fixing this though.

Was about to post that it crashed after I chose my class. But it looks like RPG HUD is the problem so nevermind lol

hey, can't seem to craft any of the tools.  I'm a warrior and i want to make a blade on a stick.  It says "some things are unknown"

any help?

Edit:

actually i have a new problem.  I installed the new version and when i choose my class the game acted up.  I do have other mods installed though so that could be the problem.  what compatibility issues are there?  I was using RPG hud and wheres my Beefeloo

Edit Edit:

I tried taking off the other mods and just run the RPG Mod.  Same issue occurred i can't run the game.  It gets an error and forces me to close the game

Holy sh*t on a stick! This mod is awesome. Well, anyways it won't works for me but the idea is such great.

hey, can't seem to craft any of the tools.  I'm a warrior and i want to make a blade on a stick.  It says "some things are unknown"

any help?

Edit:

actually i have a new problem.  I installed the new version and when i choose my class the game acted up.  I do have other mods installed though so that could be the problem.  what compatibility issues are there?  I was using RPG hud and wheres my Beefeloo

Edit Edit:

I tried taking off the other mods and just run the RPG Mod.  Same issue occurred i can't run the game.  It gets an error and forces me to close the game

This is interesting. I would want to say that this is because you have a HUD mod, but you mentioned that you disabled all other mods. I would like to take a look at your log file. Please add me on steam, if you have one. ID: jimmeh57

If you don't have steam, send me a PM.

Thanks!

Holy sh*t on a stick! This mod is awesome. Well, anyways it won't works for me but the idea is such great.

The mod won't work for you? Add me on steam (jimmeh57) or send me a PM and I will try helping you out.

This is interesting. I would want to say that this is because you have a HUD mod, but you mentioned that you disabled all other mods. I would like to take a look at your log file. Please add me on steam, if you have one. ID: jimmeh57

If you don't have steam, send me a PM.

Thanks!

I actually copied the issue, don't know where the log file is or how to PM you

I actually copied the issue, don't know where the log file is or how to PM you

Hey! To find your log file, go under documents > Klei > dontstarve > and then log.txt.

Then go to this site: fileswap.com

Upload your log file, and then send me the link. I tried to send you a pm, but apparently you don't have access to them.

Thanks!
-jimmeh57