• The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.

(testing) Wurbert, The Magnificent Man of Snow! 1.6

5 Screenshots

About This File

15/12/2012

Fixed crash when magic hat breaks

15/12/2013

Changed appearance and voice

Rocks now give 10 hunger instead of 1. - Now changed to 5.

13/12/2013

Reduced winter melee damage

Fixed up some of his speech

Fixed hunger draining too slow - now fixed it draining too fast

A test of my WIP Christmas mod! There shouldn't be any crashes or that. His stats are still being worked on, and such.

Current Stats:

Base:

Unarmed hits are the same speed as other characters with weapons.

He swings all weapons VERY slowly, dealing much less DPS than his unarmed attacks during winter. In the summer, the Bat Bat and Spear are useless. In winter, all weapons are.

Needs lots to eat

Can eat meat and rocks (flint, nitre, rocks, gems, cutstone)

Eating rocks has a 0.018 chance to make Wurbert poop out a blue gem

Looks happy when cold, looks sad and melty when warm.

Talks to you when he's happy - because he has nothing better to do.

Regenerates 1 health every 8 ticks when temperature is below 0, loses 1 health every 8 ticks when above 0.

Can craft a hat to keep his temperature low and negate the constant sanity drain during summer.

Winter:

Faster than average running speed

50 Damage per unarmed hit

Passive sanity gain

High sanity

High health

Summer:

Slow running speed

30 Damage per Unarmed hit

Consant sanity loss

Average sanity

Average-low health

Tell me what you think! And remember: Updates will happen often.

Merry Christmas! Happy Holidays! Happy Hanukkah! Whatever you celebrate!

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I love this mod! But maybe the unarmed hits that deal more damage than the armed ones are game breaking... You could give him the power to freeze enemies as the chilled amulet does!

I REALLY like this character, but yes the unarmed damage needs to be slightly lower, I know its his main weapon but 55dmg + high attack speed is OP. also, what exactly do you mean by " needs lots to eat", I realize that means faster stomach drain,but how much faster? A response would be wondiferus. 

He deals pretty much as much damage as the tentacle spike unarmed during the winter. And by "lots to eat", he has 250 hunger, but his drain speed makes it seem less. So he needs lots of food. I did this because he eats rocks, which give little hunger, but are very common.

Also, he has BLADES for arms. The unarmed damage thing makes sense, right? I could lower is to 50, which is 1 less than the tentacle spike.

You craft it in the Magic Tab. It requires 4 silk and a blue gem. You don't need any type of research lab to craft it.

Maybe you can add for him an unique weapon: SNOWBALLS!

Edit: His hat simply stays and works on 0% durability. 

• Like 2

I've been playing around a tiny bit, and it's really hard to obtain food in the beginning, especially if you start in summer. Other than that, he's pretty good.

But I've noticed he's invisible in the beginning when Maxwell talks to you.

I've been playing around a tiny bit, and it's really hard to obtain food in the beginning, especially if you start in summer. Other than that, he's pretty good.

But I've noticed he's invisible in the beginning when Maxwell talks to you.

If you get some berries or carrots, make a trap, find some rabbits, bait the trap and stay near it. Or you can eat rocks until you find rabbits.

If you get some berries or carrots, make a trap, find some rabbits, bait the trap and stay near it. Or you can eat rocks until you find rabbits.

Can you make it so rocks raise your hunger by 3 or 5, and not 1? I understand that rocks are common, but if the only reason people eat them is to get gems, and the chance is so low, they end up eating all their rocks.

Plus, 1 isn't enough to sustain you if you're eating it for hunger.

I didn't set their food-values. I also didn't realize they only do 1 hunger. I'll have to find a way to change that! They do heal, though.

Can you make it so rocks raise your hunger by 3 or 5, and not 1? I understand that rocks are common, but if the only reason people eat them is to get gems, and the chance is so low, they end up eating all their rocks.

Plus, 1 isn't enough to sustain you if you're eating it for hunger.

The next update fixing this will be out very soon! I've also changed his appearance and voice.

The next update fixing this will be out very soon! I've also changed his appearance and voice.

Okay, cool!

It would be cool if you can add that the game starts at winter,he loses health near campfire,when its summer he would lose health, just like regular characters in winter,add a craftable cool stone (just like heat stone,but keeps him frozen)and add that if he eats a blue gem his life recovers but if he eats red gem he loses life and add some armor that that acts like west's but do opposite.

You can set it to start in winter in the World options while creating a new game. He can make a magic hat to keep him cool, the cool stone is impossible, he does gain health from eating gems, he does lose health from camp fires, and he loses health when warm, not just summer.

mr.toddles a idea: a unique weapon for him snowballs with 10 dmg

segund idea: he lost health in summer because it´s impossible in the first night of winter craft the hat

and third idea: make him a little more happy in frozen because he is much mad

and final idea:do not correct the osund, or the sound of a humm... SNOWMAN!!!

This is awesome for winter only worlds, I feel like the "Better not shout, you're all gonna die!" on the character select screen is a reference to something..