• The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.

1 Screenshot

About This File

Upon death, politely asks if you *really* want to die.

S14JAGc.png

This dialog will only be presented if you don't have a regular resurrection method available, such as a Meat Effigy (including one on the surface, if inside a cave).

Reloading a save takes you back to the last point the game saved. Resurrecting gives you the option to instantly resurrect at the spot you're at or on the next day, at the nearest Fire Pit. Both methods of resurrection give you 10 seconds of invulnerability.

Being a permadeath game is a big part of Don't Starve's appeal, so use at your own discretion.

Icon by @Willette.

Special thanks to @bobbyblade, the author of Camp Res, for the idea of using Fire Pits as resurrection spots.

What's New in Version 1.1.0   See changelog

Released

• Added configuration options.
  • Cleared out of date warning.
  • Like 3

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

It isn't working for me on latest build with RoG disabled. I haven't used this mod before, but upon death it's just game over.

It's working fine on my end, with RoG enabled or not. Which revision of Don't Starve are you running (press backspace and look at the lower left corner of the screen), and which other mods do you have enabled?

Hope you don't mind a screenshot, just to make sure I don't screw up or forget something.

http://oi60.tinypic.com/2aih5qc.jpg

I'll check if any of these mods are causing conflicts, thanks.

If installed would it take effect on a game already underway or only new games?

It takes effect on current games, yes. There's no need to create a new game.

Sorry x"D It'd be strange to figure out which one is causing a conflict as they seemingly all should be doing different things [seemingly no overlap].

I'll go ahead, redownload & reinstall and die again to double check things on my end.

Sorry x"D It'd be strange to figure out which one is causing a conflict as they seemingly all should be doing different things [seemingly no overlap].

I'll go ahead, redownload & reinstall and die again to double check things on my end.

Could you try creating a test save with only Compromising Survival enabled and die, to check if this really is caused by a mod conflict?

It works [without any of the other mods disabled]. Redownloaded, reinstalled, started new game and attacked bees and it gave me the dialouge box. o.o

I have no clue, when extracting winrar didn't tell me it was corrupt or anything before. Sorry, looks like user error somehow. [it was enabled, placed same way as it was in past. No clue why it wasn't working before.]

Sorry for wasting your time!

Works great here.  Thanks for this, Simplex.  I was just digging into bobbyblade's CampRes to update it again and saw your version.  Much better!

This mod is buggy and unreliable. I tested it a few times on single day run with console help, worked, but during actual runs, one game i tried the ressurection and the game became unresponsive to any input. And right now i just had another run completely screwed up by it. I had a touchstone active and this mod active. At some point i died, the screen took me to the touchstone and ressurected me normally but then something with the mod triggered and i got the "You survived X days > Main menu/Retry" dialog. Meanwhile  my char was standing alive behind the the popup but i was unable to control it.

I only got this mod as a failsafe against the life giving amulet bug, ended up having the opposite effect lol.

Will you add a punishment of resurecting such as removing 20 health to balance things out or at least have an option of that?

When I try to activate the mod, it says the mod is outdated and will be automatically disabled. Is there any way to fix it? Or is it not supported anymore?

I've recently started playing Dont starve again, and I always used this mod because I hate the Permadeath, for somereason with this new update and the Reign of Giants it doesn't work anymore (It crashes or shuts itself off) 

On 1/8/2016 at 2:31 PM, RevanMasters said:

This would be greatly appreciated for shipwrecked

add this line to modinfo.lua :

shipwrecked_compatible = true

then save it and it works

• Thanks 2

How do i activate this mod in the game? It doesn't work 

never mind i found it 

Edited by PizzaFox

I had that problem. turns out I had the mod folder inside another folder with the same name (mods\compromisingsurvival\compromisingsurvival) 

I just deleted the extra one so it was like: mods\compromisingsurvival and it worked.

Edited by Lucho-core

On 4/9/2016 at 1:57 AM, chrctr said:

add this line to modinfo.lua :

then save it and it works

It worked!  Thanks for the info!!

Hey, thanks a lot for this mod!

Add these lines in modinfo.lua for compability in Shipwrecked AND Hamlet :D

hamlet_compatible = true

Can't guarantee if Hamlet bugs out somehow though, just tested this myself. Died and got ressurected on the spot!

Peace

• Like 1

Is this modification available or going to be available for shipwrecked? 

Edited by Coleycakes2442

Hi Thank you for this very good mod.

I would've quit Don't Starve already if I haven't found this mod.

I don't like it when die and have to start all over again.

Really feel like that's too hardcore.

This mod adds kindness to the game.

Edited by Meenfourtiss