• The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.

1 Screenshot

About This File

Features:

Within 3 to 13 days after a grave has been dug, more frequently the older your world, the spirits of the dead will come for their revenge! These revenge events happen when the moon rises and for each dug grave lightning will strike that grave and it will be undug, then there will be a ghost that attacks you, some of these ghost will have special properties and special prizes. All Revenge seeking ghost will disappear at sunrise. Revenge events won't happen a night if you sleep at dusk but once it has started you can't sleep until that night ends.

Special Ghost:

There are 6 special ghost that only spawn during revenge and they are distinguished by having a constantly angery face (except green) and faintly glow a different color but as they group together it can be challenging to distinguish.

Each ghost drops their respective colored gem if killed.

Red Ghosts: Double the health of regular ghosts, *New* and hitting them slightly raises your body temperature.

Blue Ghosts: Hitting them lowers you body temperature (works on enemy to.)

Purple Ghosts: Super sanity drain. (-200 per/minute)

Orange Ghosts: *New* A quarter faster than regular ghost, and hitting them has a chance to randomly teleport you somewhere onscreen.

Yellow Ghosts: Very bright.

Green Ghosts: About half the health as regular ghost and timid, always looks sad.

Pics:

CyMf5tc.jpg

EjDncwW.jpg

Other Feature:

Non-special ghosts from graves and during revenge attacks have a chance to drop a random trinket (can be configured.)

TL;DR:

Mod makes graves re-dig-able so grave items are renewable.

Special ghosts drop gems so all colored gems are renewable in overworld. (gem drop rates configurable)

Configurations:

Open up modmain.lua from the Revenge of The Dead folder here are the default configurations:

----Config-----local special_ghost_percent = 2/3 --the chance of a ghost being special during a revenge attack, set to 0 for no special ghost, ghosts by any other means will still always be normal.TUNING.special_ghost_drop_gem_chance = 1 --1 means 100% chance 1/2 would mean 50%, and 0.5 would also mean 50%local specialOnlyGems = true --if true special ghost will not drop trinkes or other loots added to normal ghosts.local trinket_chance = 1/3 --the chance for normal ghost dug from graves and during revenge attacks to drops a random trinket, 0 will disable this option. Also special ghost if specialOnlyGems is set to falselocal all_ghost_extra_loot = {  --items in this table will be dropped by normal ghost dug from graves and during revenge attacks, also special ghost if specialOnlyGems is set to false.--this one below is just to give an example of what a normal item would look like.  Just add your own without the double dashes.--{item = "nightmarefuel", chance = 1/3},}--disable a perticular colored ghost by commenting out that color below with a double dash like this --"red",local colors = {    "red",    "blue",    "purple",    "orange",    "yellow",    "green",}------End Config--------

Discuss:

Any tips or suggestions are welcome and appreciated but go easy on me, A n00b I am.

You can talk to me about the mod, tell me how much you like it, or just say hi below.

Also ratings do make me happy, especially the 5 star variety. ;)

Acknowledgements:

This mod was heavily inspired by an idea by John2022.

Boring Legal Stuff:

Feel free to use anything from my mods in anyway you like, acknowledgement is not necessary but it is appreciated.

As school and life take up more of my time I may have to give up on updating these mods, if I fail to update them to the current version of Don't Starve for several weeks, assume my mods are abandon and feel free to start your own version using any and all of my assets.

It sure has been a lot of fun!

88x31.png

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.

To Install:

Just go to steamsteamappscommondont_starvemods and place the folder located in the .zip archive

Start Don't Starve and go to the "Mods" menu and enable this mod.

What's New in Version 1.2   See changelog

Released

• Updated to RoG.
  • Fixed issue making it impossible to bury Webber's skull.
  • Red ghost now increase your temperature when you hit them.
  • Orange ghost are a slower, but they have a chance to randomly teleport you when you hit them.
  • Generally better code, still janky, but not as janky.
  • By default special ghosts only drop gems but add a configuration to enable them to drop the added trinkets and extra loot.
  • Trinket and extra loot configurations are not added to full moon ghost for really annoying reasons.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

idk i was just playing the game as usual. I was very far away from the only dug grave i have found thus far and that happened :/

I don't know where to start with this one, could you provide me with a list of ALL the mods you are using.

• Like 1

ok but first i'd like to say that i recently got a ghost of yours to spawn and i got both of my custom drops from it with no problem so i guess the error doesn't happen everytime huh. btw i hate to ask again but i feel it would be easier to contact you directly on steam i already sent you a friend request on it so if we could chat there i would greatly appreciate it.

anyway to speed things up here is a list of all my mods i currently have enabled other than yours:

A Mortal King, Always On Status, Architectural Geometry, Auto Catch, Better Gunpowder, Birdcage(Time Based), Brass Lantern, Break The Ice, All 3 Camp Cuisines, Camplight 1.3, Cheese, Compromising Survival, Craftable 24 Slot Cavebag, Craftable 80 Slot Maxwells Chest, Craftable Butter, Craftable gears, Dawnbreak, Dem Bones, Display Food Values, Electricity, Farming For Light, Faster Followers, Freezer, Friendship Wand, Ghosts and Graves, Hound Hood, Hound Pack, Hound Poison, Hounds Abound, Insanillumination, KillerCraft, Koalefantproboscidea, Link, Longer Days, Lunchbox, Madman's Fighting Pack, Magic Horns, Map Settings, Minimap HUD, More Plantables, More Realistic Honey, Nimble Followers, Nitro Meat, No Delete On Death, No Warning, Pickle It, PickyPickyPicky, Potions Mod Adapted, Relaxed Crafting, Revamped Darts, RPG HUD 55, RPG Items, Silkworm, Skull Lantern, Slurper Herd, Solar Greatsword, Storm Cellar, Summons, Survival Gear, teh Miscellanies, The Weeping Willow Throwable Rocks V1.1, Tiki Torch, Trash Bin 1.2, Trick Or Treat, Tweaks, Waldo With EyeBone, Wall Gates, and lastly Wilson's House With Light.
phew there ty and yw putting them all down for you. Also this is nobody's business but Graysloth's mmkay?

Yes, sorry, I don't use steam for much, but I have accepted your invite.  Thanks for the list, though would you mind putting it in a spoiler?

Hi!
Thanks much for the great mod! Im using many other mods and i dont have any problems with urs ;)

Atm im trying to get extra loot from ghosts, nightmarefuel and gear, 100% chance. Everythig i try doesnt work, game tells me mod doesnt work. (I have no idea of what i am doing, i just follow ur instructions in.txt and this thread;)
my modmain looking like:

local trinket_chance = 0 --the chance for any ghost to drops a random trinket, 0 will disable this option.

local all_ghost_extra_loot = { --items in this table will be dropped by all ghost even one from graves and special ones.
--this one below is just to give an example of what a normal item would look like.  Just add your own without the double dashes.
--{item = "nightmarefuel", chance = 1/3},

}

Could you please right down the exactly way it has to look like?

Greetings

Sorry if anyone was waiting awhile for this one to get a proper update, since it was almost perfectly compatible with RoG already I put it on the back burner, plus I was meaning to give it an overhaul anyway and like to take my time with this one since it's my most complex mod.  My ability to test all possible scenarios is a bit limited, but I do my best to ensure stability, so thanks you all for all your patients.

Hello GraySloth... I love the idea so I enabled the mod in a middle of my heavy modded game and now I get CTD when a night comes. I would really like to use this mod, disabling it is not a fix for me... here are the details from log:

... Giants/data/../mods/Revenge of The Dead/modmain.lua:210: attempt to index field 'hole' (a nil value)
LUA ERROR stack traceback:
e:/Don't Starve - Reign of Giants/data/../mods/Revenge of The Dead/modmain.lua(210,1) in function 'fn'
e:/Don't Starve - Reign of Giants/data/scripts/scheduler.lua(170,1) in function 'OnTick'
e:/Don't Starve - Reign of Giants/data/scripts/scheduler.lua(381,1) in function 'RunScheduler'
e:/Don't Starve - Reign of Giants/data/scripts/update.lua(87,1)
=(tail call) ?
=[C] in function 'xpcall'
e:/Don't Starve - Reign of Giants/data/../mods/BetterCrashes/modmain.lua(165,1)
=[C] in function 'error'
e:/Don't Starve - Reign of Giants/data/../mods/BetterCrashes/modmain.lua(154,1)
=(tail call) ?
scripts/frontend.lua(723,1) SCRIPT ERROR! Showing error screen
../mods/relaxed_crafting/scripts/relaxed_crafting.lua(109,1) unpause - direct walking
... Giants/data/../mods/Revenge of The Dead/modmain.lua:210: attempt to index field 'hole' (a nil value)
e:/Don't Starve - Reign of Giants/data/../mods/Revenge of The Dead/modmain.lua(210,1) in function 'fn'
e:/Don't Starve - Reign of Giants/data/scripts/scheduler.lua(170,1) in function 'OnTick'
e:/Don't Starve - Reign of Giants/data/scripts/scheduler.lua(381,1) in function 'RunScheduler'
=(tail call) ?
=[C] in function 'error'
=(tail call) ?
=(tail call) ?
=[C] in function 'error'
=(tail call) ?
=(tail call) ?
=[C] in function 'error'
=(tail call) ?
=(tail call) ?
=[C] in function 'error'
=(tail call) ?
Force aborting...

Sorry I haven't responed in so long, life happens and stuff.

Anyone else get a "R.I.P. in peace Graysloth" grave surrounded by flowers?Does that have a special ghost?

That's just my grave, its value is only sentimental.

Hello GraySloth... I love the idea so I enabled the mod in a middle of my heavy modded game and now I get CTD when a night comes. I would really like to use this mod, disabling it is not a fix for me...

Well by that error log, it has something to do with making it so re-undug graves can't be used to insert Webber skulls in.  I thought that feature was working fine but I will look into it.  Could you give me a list of mods you use?  Also could you put that error log in a spoiler tag?

My mod list has changed since then and now I am able to use your mod.. I have had the revenge night happen while I was shaving a really big herd of beefalos so this was really nice massacre over there and winner took it all. Maybe it was Dem Bones mod which I removed and it helped stability.

Loving this mod.

Was quite a shock the first time a posse of ghosts suddenly spawned with a crack of thunder at moonrise!

Loving this mod.

Was quite a shock the first time a posse of ghosts suddenly spawned with a crack of thunder at moonrise!

Yea, I love that too, it's amazing what you can do as a modder with the simple tools the game gives you.