• The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.

2 Screenshots

About This File

Adds a minimap to the HUD.

On Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=188251898

• The minimap is fully functional; it can be zoomed using the zoom map binds (defaulted to the mousewheel) and can be panned by clicking and dragging.
  • The minimap can be collapsed by hovering over it and clicking the "Close Minimap" button
  • The zoom levels of the minimap and the map screen are both saved and are independent of eachother

FAQ

Q: Is it possible to change the shape of the minimap?

A: As far as I know, no, it is not possible.

What's New in Version 1.0.7   See changelog

Released

Synced with latest workshop version

• Marked as Shipwrecked compatible
  • Disable minimap updating when the minimap window is closed (thanks AlfonZ42)
  • Add config options for minimap update throttling (thanks AlfonZ42)
  • Like 35
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad Dupe 1

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Hey @squeek

Thanks so much for this awesome mod, it really helps my OCD when revealing the whole map! :)

I run on a 21:9 monitor, and noticed the map was a little skewed. I did some digging into trying different resolutions, and eventually realised somehow the in game map is accounting for the aspect ratio, but your mod isn't.

I've managed to find the code to fix it in Klei's own components, and have a small patch that should take care of 21:9 support for you. How can I share the patch, maybe you have a github repo of the code?

Cheers
Sheldon

Thanks, it works...
But the speed is completely different (on my computer) with or without displaying the mini map...
I mean the dude walk more slowly, pick more slowly.... And when I close the mini map, everything is so more fast!!!
When I enable this mod, my game will be 25-30fps, but when it's unable, back to 60fps!!
It still playable but, wanted to say it !

Edited by Lokystaz

Pressing TAB to view Map sometimes completely removes GUI, and it seems the game doesn't save next day morning, you can only Alt+F4.

Easiest way to replicate is to press Tab a few times quickly.

Anyone else?

Edited by 2mg
  • Like 1

My DS is common, but anyway, the error and I can not activate the mode only gives me the option to quit the game, and now neither the error on the initial screen has, all the mods are so with the same error except the To Many Intens

On 03/08/2017 at 3:42 PM, 2mg said:

Pressing TAB to view Map sometimes completely removes GUI, and it seems the game doesn't save next day morning, you can only Alt+F4.

Easiest way to replicate is to press Tab a few times quickly.

Anyone else?

Same here! Anyone has a solution?

(i can't use an older version because they haven't the throttle options, it make the game quicker on my slow PC)

Edited by Unlimiteddddd

On 06.01.2018 at 4:12 AM, Unlimiteddddd said:

Same here! Anyone has a solution?

(i can't use an older version because they haven't the throttle options, it make the game quicker on my slow PC)

have this problem too, you can just open console, type:

SaveGame("survival_1")

it will save your world (you need to know the number of your world), then exit to main menu by typing:

SimReset()

but it isn't good solution I guess

Edited by itBAIT