• The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.

5 Screenshots

About This File

Experimental RoG patch, not fully tested, new probably unbalanced features, how many bugs can you find?

Features:

This Mod lets you recharge amulets and staffs with nightmare fuel. Right now the math is it takes 6 nightmare fuel to fully charge all gem items, this means the more uses that item has the more it gets from nightmare fuel.

Now by default Gem items do not break when they reach zero they just become unusable until recharged, can be configured off to work like normal, see Configurations.

Adds Philosopher's Stone which is crafted at a repaired Ancient Pseudoscience Station, it can "absorb" most items and convert them to power for gem items.

• Most absorbable items by default give it 1% and it can be filled to a max of 100%.
  • Blue, Red, and Yellow gems, golden nuggets, living logs, any meat, stackable creatures like butterflys and bees and nightmare fuel are worth 17% to the Philosopher's Stone therefore about enough for one charge give or take the item.
  • Purple, Green, and Orange gems, thulecite, and a non-stackable living creature like bird, rabbit, ect. are worth 34% points to the Philosopher's Stone therefore about enough for two charges.
  • Using the P. Stone on living creatures is naughty, watch out for Krampus.
  • For every point absorbed you drain a point of sanity. can be configured off.
  • low, medium, and high Absorb values can still be Configured, see Configurations.
  • To check item values ingame just, drop the item on the ground, hold the P. Stone over it and left click. Example

Used like nightmare fuel to charge gem items it gives the percentage it has to the item it is charging, for example: A fire staff at 50% will require 15% from the P. Stone to go to 65%

You can always top off a gem item if it need less then a sixth it's max to reach 100% but otherwise it needs to be charged in increments of a sixth its max so red staff needs 15%, green amulet needs 20% and blue amulet needs 17%

Also did I mention that the P. Stone is a sentient being that can talk and is kinda a jerk? No? Good, I wanted it to be a surprise.

*New* We are branching out to the whole world of TECHNOLOGY! The Morning Star and Weather Pain will now work like staffs do, but instead of recharging them with that dirty magic stuff you just have to give it a fresh new battery in the form of an Electrical Doodad.

Configurations:

Open up modmain.lua from the RechargeableGems folder here are the default configurations:

----Config-----local very_dapper_blue_amulet_baseDS = false --For base Don't Starve only, gives the blue amulet the dapperness equivalent of being Maxwell.local very_dapper_blue_amulet_RoG = false --For Realm of Giantslocal No_Deplete = true --if true Gem items are not destroyed when they reach zero they are just unusable until recharged. if false gem items act as they normally wouldlocal Science_Staffs = true --if true the Morning Star and Weather Pain can be repaired with Electrical Doodads.TUNING.PHILOSOPHERS_STONE_lose_sanity = true --if true you lose a point of sanity for every point absorbed by the philosophers stone.local blacklist = {"balloons_empty","philosophers_stone","transistor"} --put item prefab names here for items that the philosophers stone that should not be able to absorbed.TUNING.PHILOSOPHERS_STONE_ABSORB_LOWGAIN = 1 --percent philosophers stone goes up by when absorbing itemsTUNING.PHILOSOPHERS_STONE_ABSORB_MIDGAIN = 17 --Primary raw gems, nightmare fuel, gold, meat, and living logs.TUNING.PHILOSOPHERS_STONE_ABSORB_HIGHGAIN = 34 --Secondary raw gems, thulecite, and living creatures.---------------

Discuss:

Any tips or suggestions are welcome and appreciated but go easy on me, A n00b I am.

You can talk to me about the mod, tell me how much you like it, or just say hi below.

Also ratings do make me happy, especially the 5 star variety. ;)

Acknowledgements:

This mod was loosely inspired by John2022.

Boring Legal Stuff:

Feel free to use anything from my mods in anyway you like, acknowledgement is not necessary but it is appreciated.

As school and life take up more of my time I may have to give up on updating these mods, if I fail to update them to the current version of Don't Starve for several weeks, assume my mods are abandon and feel free to start your own version using any and all of my assets.

It sure has been a lot of fun!

88x31.png

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.

To Install:

Just go to steamsteamappscommondont_starvemods and place the folder located in the .zip archive

Start Don't Starve and go to the "Mods" menu and enable this mod.

Support My Mods:

If you would like to help me out, follow this adf.ly like link wait for 10 seconds and click the "Skip ad" at the top right of the page.

What's New in Version 0.9   See changelog

Released

• Fixed crashing with Chilled Amulet in RoG.
  • Added separate config options for BaseDS and RoG for buffed sanity Chilled Amulet and set both to false by default.
  • Gives Morning Star and Weather Pain the same properties I give staffs, but only repairable with Electrical Doodads.

User Feedback