• The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.

1 Screenshot

About This File

These are official sample mods developed by Klei. They are very small and barebones, in order to get you started with modding. These are meant to serve as a starting point only and are not complete mods on their own!

Sample Prefab

This mod demonstrates adding a new object to the world which can also be put in the player's inventory. For testing purposes, one is added to the player's pockets every time the game starts.

Sample Character

Use this as a starting place for your own characters! Contains template artwork for character animations, saveslot portraits, and more! Note: This will require TEX tools in order to create .tex files from the provided .png images.

Also note that the template for the bigportrait is in it's own zip file for download size reasons, but both samplecharacter.zip and samplecharacter_bigportrait.zip together make the Sample Character mod and templates.

Sample Mod

A demonstration of very basic mod setup, including attaching a custom components and setting tuning variables.

What's New in Version 1.5   See changelog

Released

No changelog available for this version.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

On 8/29/2013 at 0:44 AM, Ipsquiggle said:

Updated! :)

I dont know if youre still active but can you update it for 2016 version?

• Like 2

Thanks klei! I wanted to make a character of my friend and myself, and this is (most likely) going to help! Don't stop making new content.

On 10/24/2013 at 2:44 PM, BartHomer77 said:

I don't have permision to download the things, and I really want to make a pony character.

To download it you have to be logged in or create account at klei forums :)

Can you update this for the higher resolutions? Wilson is 2024x1024, while this one is 1024x512. Thanks

its not up to date dont work and you dont tell people how to get it to work just crashes or says out of date i did everything a tutorial told me to do so i didnt mess it up its this file

This needs updated, the animation for trying on pants is missing his face

Edited by Knightsurfer

I have a problem: Downloaded character not showing in character menu

Edited by Vvix

On 25.10.2013 at 12:44 AM, BartHomer77 said:

I don't have permision to download the things, and I really want to make a pony character.

register to download files

On 7/16/2018 at 5:09 PM, loganboy8 said:

I Try To Make a Mod But How do i change the Character

you cannot do this with mods.

On 11/5/2018 at 11:54 AM, djfhsdjhf said:

you cannot do this with mods.

Well i mean the skin of the character

Could you please update this? i'm new to modding and I think this would be really helpful.