• The forum downloads section will be removed on Jan 1st 2023. Players may still download mods that are currently hosted, but new submissions are no longer being accepted. Mod makers are advised to relocate their mods to alternative hosting solutions.

1 Screenshot

About This File

Features:

Hitting the Rainometer with a hammer will cause it to go from not raining to raining and vice versa.

The Rainometer will still break after 4 hits and give you back half of the materials so the math works out to: 4 rain toggles = 1 Boards, 1 GoldNugget, 1 Rope. You can change the number of uses just see Configurations below

ProTips: rain can be used to boost farm grow speeds and it makes mushrooms regrow, but they do need 10-20 ingame hours of rain before they start to regrow. The more you make it rain the less it will rain for. Toggles snow as well but takes a few more seconds for snow to stop falling.

The Rainometer can now measure the time until the next earthquake inside of a cave.

Hitting the Rainometer with a hammer inside of a cave will cause it make quakes come sooner, by default this effect is equal to that of gunpowder's ability to do the same. You can change this See Configurations below

The rain and quake manipulation features can be turned off if all you want is the Quakeometer, just see Configurations below

Configurations:

----Config-----local quakeIncrease = 200 --this changes how much hitting the rainometer in a cave decreases the time until the next quake, 200 is equal to that of the effect of gunpowder and 1000 will always cause a quake. It can also be set to a negitive number to increase the amount of time until the next quake.local RainAndQuakeManipulation = true --if false the rainometer will act normal when hammered e.g. not toggle rain or decrease time till quake.local Custom_Uses = 4 --Sets the amount of toggles you get before it will break--------------

Discuss:

Any tips or suggestions are welcome and appreciated but go easy on me, A n00b I am.

But, no I will not make a winter toggling mod.

You can talk to me about the mod, tell me how much you like it, or just say hi below.

Also ratings do make me happy, especially the 5 star variety. ;)

Old Changlog:

V2.3 [Hunger update]: Improved code.

V2.2 [Powers update]: made to work for powers update, given all the powers mod menu thingys.

V2.1: made to work for ROCK update.

v2.0: New version with Quakeometer and Quake manipulation features add.

v1.1: Fix bug that reset uses on log out, added sound effect.

Old older versions:

Dropbox link

Boring Legal Stuff:

Feel free to use anything from my mods in anyway you like, acknowledgement is not necessary but it is appreciated.

As school and life take up more of my time I may have to give up on updating these mods, if I fail to update them to the current version of Don't Starve for several weeks, assume my mods are abandon and feel free to start your own version using any and all of my assets.

It sure has been a lot of fun!

88x31.png

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported License.

To Install:

Just go to steamsteamappscommondont_starvemods and place the folder located in the .zip archive

Start Don't Starve and go to the "Mods" menu and enable this mod.

Support My Mods:

If you would like to help me out, follow this adf.ly like link wait for 10 seconds and click the "Skip ad" at the top right of the page.

What's New in Version 2.8   See changelog

Released

• Compatible with Base and RoG
  • No longer overwriting rainometer.lua

User Feedback