About This File
Public beta is now available on Steam, http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=549904379
While Wanda is entirely playable in her current form, I still consider her a Work In Progress due to more features to come. The texture art has been completed, anim seems to be working correctly now, I wanted to release it as a beta to start public playtesting. Next we need custom sound (currently it's just the violin from the unimplemented character, Wallace). Speech script is half done but not yet uploaded (this beta is still Wilson), however everything below has been coded. There are more features to come in the Further Development section. So, while it is not yet complete, please give as much constructive feedback on balancing, etc.
Wanda the Druidess - "Nature is my Frenemy"
Cursed by Porvata, Polish god of the Woods, for carving her name into a sacred tree. Wanda has a love-hate relationship with nature.
Hunger 125, x0.83 hunger rate
Sanity 130, -1/min dapperness generally, but Sanityaura +10/min when near flowers
Lureplant Fleshy Bulb
4 Leafy Meats
- Basic Farm
- Nightmare Fuel
- Honey Refining
At Science Machine, can prototype:
- Pumpkin Light
- Improved Farm
- Bucket O Poop
- Bush Hat
- Magic Trowel (can transplant up to 3 cacti)
At Shadow Manipulator,
- Lureplant Summoning Scroll
Eyeplants are not agro at Wanda
Can harvest their lure without it retracting its eyeplants and going back to "just planted" stage
Can hang leafy meat on drying racks to make leafy jerky
Seafood is the only meat that her vegetative metabolism is able to manage. Anyways, she has a hard time appeasing Porvata as it is, let alone having to deal with Krampus were she to kill too many innocents. So, what she can eat is:
Vegetables, fruit, leafy meat, ice, birchnuts, seeds, eggs, electric milk, butter, honey, fish, eels and froglegs (but not any other kind of meat)
Crockpot recipes that contains the above as primary ingrediants
Raw birchnuts (-1 health, +6 hunger, -5 sanity)
Grows at a similar rate to Wilson's beard, delays overheating like a Summer Frest, when cut at half length provides 6 fresh flower petals and +30 sanity; at full length, provides 12 fresh flower petals and 1 cactus flower and +60 sanity
Currently working on fully customising all of the speech script (some of it is still Wilson's)
I was thinking her sounds instrument could be like Da Vinci's viola organistraor a Polish Suka,
Compatible with Russian language pack
Eventually I will need images for the magic books and Magic Trowel (purple shovel) and a few other things in the Further Development, as well as sprites / anim / sound for the custom treeguards if I ever go on to do that too
What's New in Version 0.7 See changelog
- Still working on the speech script, it's about halfway done. Just uploaded a new version to disable the inspecting of lureplant inventories (was causing crashes for some), fix Russian compatibility, and also make sure Wanda can eat cooked eggs as well as raw.
- Most of the code has been completed for this below "Shenaniganism" plant-naughtiness feature, and the treeguard behaviour, but I encountered a bug before I uploaded this so at the last minute I disabled it for now. This is what it's supposed to look like:
- * Gains #Shenaniganism from cutting down any tree, digging saplings or grass
- * Loses #Shenaniganism from planting butterflies, pinecones, birchnuts, saplings or grass
- * When #Shenaniganism is high enough, JUST ONE poison birch tree or treeguard will be queued to spawn (depending on which biome the player is in at the time / about to pass through). AT WHICH TIME SHENANIGANISM SHOULD RESET. Unfortunately this is the bit that the code currently needs work on, as you might end up with a whole forest of treeguards chasing you at once. The widget also needs a bit of work.
- * Trees that have already awakened as treeguards but afterwards went to sleep will wake up again as Wanda passes by, and are aggressive towards her when woken this way or if summoned by other players (bushhat enables her to hide from them?)
- * Wanda cannot pacify Treeguards / Poison Birch Trees by planting pinecones / birchnuts near them
- * Enable Wanda to craft and/or use Charlie the Gardener's Book of Rain to water mushrooms, farms, etc (or have her own local simulated rain downpour effect)
- Maybe even...
- * Scroll that transforms any tree into corresponding Treeguard, including
- - Spikey Treeguard: more melee damage, shoots blow darts
- - Burnt Treeguard: causes smoldering / combustion to nearby mobs / objects, shoots fire darts
- - Aged Treeguard: brittle, pinecone minions, shoots sleep darts
- - Totally Normal Treeguard: tough, shadow creature minions, melee like a bat bat