ghkbrew

Registered Users
  • Last visited

714 Excellent

2 Followers

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

1. Nice. Though I recommend you switch the atmosphere to something non-breathable instead of oxygen. If dupes can breath they can exhale CO2 which will have some "fun" consequences when it builds up enough. (Edit: I just saw the atmosuit docks. That'll fix the issue too, but still the O2 makes me nervous) If you're really crazy you can use multiple liquids too like:
  2. IIRC the reported bug required a very specific temperature in the >300C range. Has your steam room been getting that hot? It might be worth putting in a pressure sensor with a notifier set to pause the game when the pressure drops. Would probably help diagnose any problems.
  3. Are you talking about the temperature reset bug when a liquid solidifies on top of an existing pile of debris? That's not strictly a heat deletion bug, but yeah it still exists afaik. You avoid it by making sure your magma doesn't solidify on top of existing debris. You can do that by having it solidify in a mesh tile, so the debris is immediately pushed out (even through corners, which can be helpful in some builds).
  4. The building component of the Spacefarer Input/Output Ports don't track the temperature of their backing material: This is mostly an annoying graphical bug, but on save/reload the temperature of the steel tile behind the building is reset to 20C as well. That can delete significant amounts of heat. Letting you do silly things like regulating a rocket's temperature by saving/reloading repeatedly.
  5. Does anyone get this one... ... and this one Not sure about the sim one. Maybe the limits on heat transfer have been modified. (E.g. previously cells won't exchange heat if there was a difference of less than 1C or one tile had less than 1g of mass) The gas range emits CO2 when run. Looks like the tile where it emits from has been changed.
  6. Agreed. However, the rovers are still significantly slower at "thinking" than dupes for no obvious reason. I suspect the AI for rovers is de-prioritized compared to dupes and thus takes longer to get processed. But it doesn't really matter why it's happening, it still makes the rovers significantly less useful than a player might expect. It's reasonable that the rovers have limited capabilities. I just don't think this is a reasonable one. Either it's an intended limitation, but can be gotten around by pausing the game (which I would classify as a bug) or it's an unintended limitation (and thus also a bug)
  7. One more data point on this. The rover will "think" while the game is paused too. You can make it mine continuously by pausing the game after every action. The rover will stay idle for ~5 (real world) seconds then pickup a new task. Once it's status changes to "mining" or "going to mine" unpause the game.
  8. Beetas and beetinys stop emitting radiation after they wake up from carbon dioxide induced sleep. Before CO2: After CO2 introduction: After CO2 removal: Strangely, they will begin emitting radiation if put to sleep again, but only while sleeping. They will stop emitting after waking up again. Edit: Reloading will also fix any non-radioactive beetas (until the next time the sleep).
  9. Beeta hive's don't register on weight plates either: But it's less clear whether they should. Generally buildings don't register, but critters do. The hive is sort of an odd cross between the two though. But given that they do die, I think it would be better to be able to sense their presence to allow automated replacement.
  10. Beetiny(s) don't register as having weight on weight plates like other critters do:
  11. Beetas and Beetinies (Beetinys?) aren't counted as critters by the critter sensor: