penguin0616

Registered Users
  • Last visited

1362 Excellent

4 Followers

Recent Profile Visitors

3078 profile views
  1. #1) Stored in strings.lua #2) You don't need to make any changes to the strings file by replacing it. That would cause a lot of problems. You can instead change the lines used by doing something like this in your mod. For example, GLOBAL.STRINGS.PIG_TALK_FIGHT = {"MOOOOOOOO", "FIGHTING TIME"} This would make it so it replaces the typical fighting talk { "I KILL NOW!", "YOU GO SMASH!", "RAAAWR!" } with the example lines I did. #2.5) The category of lines to speak are chosen in brains/pigbrain.lua anywhere you see a ChattyNode, like here: To add new idle lines, you'd likely have to (I've never touched brains before) add a new ChattyNode with the logic for activating that node somewhere in the brain tree.
  2. Hello incredible developers of Don't Starve Together, I'm glad you're here. Today, we have an incredible opportunity to make DST better for everyone who uses an extremely small subset of mods. When playing .ogv files with the VideoWidget (as that appears to be the only format accepted), it freezes the game for a long time whenever the video tries to load. This makes the widget very difficult to use. 2023-11-05_19-18-00.mp4 Additionally, it doesn't seem to support .mp4 files at all, despite being a very common video format. Though that's very understandable. It would be great if the playback issue was fixed, and beautiful if mp4 support was added. Thanks!
  3. Whenever I load my save, my power and automation wires on the furthest workable block on the left of the map are disconnected. Oddly enough, this doesn't seem to happen on the right side. It seems to have something to do with the direction of how the wire is connected. Cruel Spire Cycle 1624.sav Video:
  4. The prefab file "corpse gestalt.lua" has a space instead of an underscore in its name. It should be corrected to "corpse_gestalt.lua". This is a transgression upon the mortal realm with dire consequences for the future stability and code integrity of DST, and should be fixed immediately so as to maintain the sanctity and immutability of naming conventions. Thank you for your time.
  5. The pillar's regen is unaffected by skips and does a regen every two days when it's been damaged enough for a regen.
  6. After a save/load sequence, riftspawner doesn't detect a rift being removed because the "onremove" event is only listened for in the same game instance that it gets spawned in.
  7. @YSsssheeran Foods losing their temperature effects very quickly is an Insight issue. I hope to have it fixed in the next Insight release for DS. Sorry for the inconvenience! In the meantime, if you want to avoid the issue, you would have to turn off perishable information.
  8. This was on the old tracker (https://forums.kleientertainment.com/forums/topic/145358-widget-layering-movetobackfront-is-bugged-in-ds-works-fine-in-dst), and it doesn't look to be fixed in the new Bugfix Beta, so here I am. While MoveToFront and MoveToBack correctly changes the render order of the widgets, It doesn't change the widget entity that gets picked up by TheSim's GetEntitiesAtScreenPoint in DS, which is used for getting widget focus. As a result, widgets that should have focus are unable to get it at all. This works fine in DST, but doesn't in DS. I assume there was a bug in the engine that got fixed at some point in DST that never got fixed in DS. This is base game DS with no mods beyond the one creating the widget in the videos. In the videos, I showcase the issue by moving the "green box" widget using MoveToBack and MoveToFront. First Video: Don't Starve Together (Working as Intended) Second Video: Don't Starve (Bugged)
  9. Looking for references to obedience in the game code shows that it's found in Tuning. BEEFALO_MIN_DOMESTICATED_OBEDIENCE = { DEFAULT = 0.8, ORNERY = 0.45, RIDER = 0.95, PUDGY = 0.6, },
  10. There's potentially some details I'm missing here, since I'm not sure why all players would be getting the tag based on your loop's conditional. The correct loop should probably be something like if inst.components.eater ~= nil then for k, v in pairs(inst.components.eater.preferseating) do if v == GLOBAL.FOODTYPE.VEGGIE or (v.types and table.contains(v.types, GLOBAL.FOODTYPE.VEGGIE)) then inst:AddTag("vegetarianEater") c_announce("Giving 'vegetarianEater' tag to " .. inst:GetDisplayName()) break end end end Since preferseating can have both foodgroups and foodtypes.