SakuraKoi

Registered Users
  • Last visited

608 Excellent

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

1. Personally, I'm not too fond of changes even when they are better in the long term, since those most likely break mods and ONI has a wonderful lot of them. In the best case, Klei would be one of the first to recognize and incorporate them with the mod authors but that's just me being selfish. (They wouldn't be the first big case because of Repentance) Anyway, additions, they are almost always neat and the Spaced Out DLC enabled a relatively straightforward way to implement new content complexes to explore. Namely asteroids with new materials, critters and stories. For the time being, I'd certainly not mind that especially if it adds to the less used materials and explored systems. One mod I am currently missing is one where one is able to dress dupes for their job. Just having decor+ or slower temperature change is saddening me (faster temperature change is always bad for dupes!).
  2. If I recall correctly, it's only Abyssalite to Abyssalite which has absolutely no transfer going on (most evident by the volcanic layers) and no established mod I know touches that system. This renders both statements true, I suppose. Breaking an intact, several tiles wide, wall of it does impact performance.
  3. Indeed and most notably, it's basically the opposite of a space occupied by gas. Only a vacuum may be ever so slightly better. Shifting masses and temperatures at every tick is what makes this a simulation, for it's par for the course for simulations to require ever more processing power (for accuracy). Luckily this is a game, which usually have the opposite goal (accessibility). The sole/notable/intended increase (of demanding more power) were with the expansion which expanded the space. Maybe pipes, diseases and rockets count too but well, anyway. At this point, I'm a little surprised that there is no 'quick mode mod' that instantly settles at least the gas and liquid movement in a simplified manner but that'd probably not be that simple... and even if, it may result in spikes when one 'pocket' connects to another (changing the amount of mass per tick wouldn't be that difficult I think but the movement would be). I wouldn't really say though that it applies to low performance set-ups since ultimately the load a single CPU core and the GPU can manage only postpones when ONI slows down. Personally I'd also recommend to note that the difficulty (veiling their performance impact) depends on how many dupes one has since 1 Dupe=100%, 2 Dupes =200% work done does not always, if ever, apply. IIRC the whole pathfinding and priorities also takes a fair chunk of power, even after all the work that has been done to improve performance (which includes multi-threading some tasks if I am not mistaken. A lot has been done, so I utterly lost track on whether it was just pipes or if I just dreamed that).
  4. I have to admit, I find this quite a-moo-sing. Although primarily just already expected stuff/what should be originally there, I am not going to say 'better late than never'. Instead I am very glad you still care and there's still some neat additions/changes one did not expect. Personally I am a big fan of the Brackene and its uses which are deserving of endgame materials (like Thermium, Super Coolant and Visco Gel).
  5. I just noticed that the DLC in the Oxygen not Included Bundle is cheaper than on the store page (-25%) which is kinda odd considering that it is the sole DLC. I'm not entirely sure if the Bundle was there before and I was just blind but I ain't complaining, just taking note. This is what I waited for after all, launch and possibly a discount, although the latter was optional considering the already cheap price.
  6. We really should stop shooting stuff dupes at the temporal tear... said no one ever and now we know why~
  7. And why can't we do it before defrosting the dupe? Please explain it in a way that I can understand.
  8. Did you by chance read a post I discarded? IIRC somebody wanted everything, even in the 'fog of war', to be simulated when there should be no need to if the worldgen hadn't two major bugs. POI and features breaking through biomes. And Critters being some times doomed to die out despite the taming mechanic making wild ones reproduce once before dying naturally. Sadly I am lacking concrete examples there and can not play for long now hence why I also discarded that post. What was my mistake, what might have been already fixed, I do not know anymore. Why do I always stop playing games just before their release? Well, in case of ONI, I did not want to waste 30-60c a day to keep my broken PC running since once it cooled down, it literally freezes after start-up if not before, requiring several restarts... it also had the habit of overheating so it has been 15 months now since I last started it. . The first world gen fixes were exactly what I meant to mention (but was ofc mentioned several times over already), I'm glad you came around to polish this since this was a major cause of distress. Mind you, I did forget about magma boiling some oil so you likely did not read my discarded post. Anyway, I'm very glad to have that out of the way, now if there was just a possibility about it coming to Switch... (yeah, main problem is the processing power required) I'll get a new desktop one day and then I will be able to rediscover everything, and discover a lot more~
  9. Well, fundamentally it makes sense for people to prefer an expansion over an alternate game mode. Heck, the most recent example of odd design I had to face when replaying Fallout New Vegas. There, where the same guns were copied and weapon modifications made only to be compatible with the DLC one (and somehow their were made indistinguishable, by a mod I think since there should be a suffix for the later). Game Designers ain't superhumans and are actually subject of the whims of their engine but even if time was pressing, a bad design is bad regardless of reasons. Klei is obviously making an effort to not just make this an alternative game mode and in due time they will find means to implement an expansion experience. Needless to say, before working on a classic expansion, they needed to have all systems to work more efficiently for then they can consider if and how to implement them. Not all content makes sense to port to classic but doubtfully none is especially if you consider porting classic to spaced out. Having a bigger if not classic starting asteroid is a fair if not grand start, having all classic types with all if not more traits and the same size would be best in terms of pure business. Ultimately that is also the reason why Klei should try to make it a classic expansion as well. With the game systems already implemented, a good chunk of the work is already done and leaves mostly the code-mon... monsters to adjust the programming. Meanwhile the return for the additional work is huge because many will decide against an alternative game mode for no discount/missing certain features (certain classic starter asteroid with certain types&traits). All that may actually be missing is the already unwanted child we call meteor showers. Imho cutting them, regardless of how much sense it makes, is still sad and the dangerous resource drops should be re-imagined... or made less of a chore since scanners, rockets, solar panels and bunker doors are just a PITA to set-up. Not a challenge, just a PITA and I do not mean that tasty bread. My humble suggestion (likely suggested before) for that would be defensive lasers that make much of the bunker-door-wall-shield obsolete in return for more energy used (I do not have the number right now about how much it costs to open/close a bunker door and how many meteors fall to set a definite laser range, power consumption on standby and per shot but those would be the numbers). Personally, I will decide upon paying full-price for Spaced Out or whether I will wait for a discount, whenever I actually have the hardware again to play it (I'm actually surprised FNV functions on a Q-210), on knowing whether all classic asteroids are implemented with all classic traits (or the missing ones I do not care about, like boulders, ugh, boulders...) or well, not. It'd be very appreciated if someone could answer if that is the case already (the Patch Notes mention only Terra and no traits) I'd suppose that is the deal for many others as well rather than having resource teleprompters, er, porters (though it should be very easy to go back to the classic starmap/automatic gathering with new content as option, if performance is such a big concern). I so far trust in Klei though in that they will properly implement/meld everything in due time. Their business strategy is making good games which is working out so far (I think, it is not like I have ever seen their financial reports, I swear!).
  10. so why not just make your own mod? Bonus points if your showers stop and start fast enough for bunker doors to fail. There really is little reason to be pedantic here and it is quite nice how they mixed the showers up while not going "let's make it totally random every thing, every time for no one to be able to see a pattern". By the by, I made a very crude mod which actually removed meteor showers for they were just annoying and rather swallow. I still consider rewriting the mod if I ever find out how one can "simply" modify a class but I might end up not using it and not just because I like dat gold. A suggestion I considered was regarding using regolith as a material similar to Terraria's slush, silt and fossil blocks in that one could with whatever energy and time investment could extract resources from it. Mostly turning it into Sand and a small percentage being metal ores but also dirt, clay, sedimentary rock, other rocks.... sure has more depth than just all ores randomly falling from the sky.
  11. The Metal should be refined and it is not like there is no difference between being useless and having no point. 10 of 14 Cycles (71.4%) minus 3/4th rest times were showers (around 2.5 cycles, 17.9%). Now apart from the variation (much less frequent), 22 of 34 are (64.7%) minus a little bit more rest time (due to golden ones, less than 16.1% which means more than 10% for solar panels and safety). One could call the Iron Showers useless as well, if not more so since Copper actually has only advantages over Iron if you take aside Steel making. Less SHC and more TC can be deemed quite suitable for heating but Decor is still best. Copper is not required for suits anymore.
  12. My bad, I am used to code being made scroll-able in its own box and as such it being quite shortened by default.
  13. Well... inlayman terms: No Shower: 4 Cycles Iron Shower: 10 Cycles - 1 Part Iron, 2 Parts Rock, 5 Parts Dust. (1/8 times 10 = 1.25) No Shower: 4 Cycles Copper Shower: 7 Cycles - 1 Part Copper, 1 Part Dust. Lower meteor fall frequency than iron (around 4.2 times lower). Same rest and active cycle variation within the season as Iron. (1/2 times 7 divided by 4.2 = 0.77) No Shower: 4 Cycles Gold Shower: 5 Cycles - 4 Parts Gold, 1 Part Rock, 10 Parts Dust. Higher meteor fall frequency than iron (~Triple). On average longer rest times and shorter active times than Iron&Copper. Active average 75 vs 250, rest average 1000 vs 750. (4/15 times 5 times 3 = 4 through 75/250 and 750/1000 = 0.9) Back to 1 (34 cycles between repeat) Previous was was 1&2 (14 cycles between repeat) If all metal meteors weigh the same (which they do), one gets 72kg of Gold Amalga, and 62.222kg of Copper for each 100kg of Iron. Though I am afraid I do not know if and how it would affect everything when the showers end prematurely because the No Shower Season began. Also, it's all about averages
  14. Now I actually went into the Database.SpaceDestinationTypes (because testing would be a PITA) and actually saw that I forgot the Salty Dwarf (and never saw the other Salt Desert Planet). I can confirm that there is not Oxylite or double Bleach Stone. It is SolidOxygen and SolidChlorine. And again, it is noteworthy that the states I listed do make little to no sense. I obviously did not list the Interstellar Ice/Ice Giant which has also frozen Gases because after all, those make sense.
  15. So, uncovering the space destinations as means to sample, well, samples, I saw that the contents of new ones are still a little odd, primarily their state and required cargo bay. Long Story short: Living Planet: Oxygen requires a Cargo Bay (i.e is Solid, same as the sole other resource: Aluminium) 100% sure it should be Gas and need a Gas Cargo Bay (on a side note, it should have also other resources) Chlorine Planet: Chlorine requires a Cargo Bay (i.e Solid, same as the sole other resource: Bleach Stone) 100% sure it should be Gas and need a Gas Cargo Bay Helium Giant: Apart from having no Helium, the Hydrogen requires a Liquid Cargo Bay (i.e is Liquid, same as the Water). Makes very little sense, to not to say none. Oxidized Planet: Carbon Dioxide requires a Cargo Bay (i.e Solid, same as the sole other resource: Rust), let's just say I find that 78% odd Oily Asteroid: Methane and Carbon Dioxide requires a Cargo Bay (i.e Solid while Crude Oil and Petroleum is Liquid), making them Gas would make much more sense imho Salt Dwarf: Solid Carbon Dioxide Red Dwarf having Liquid Methane can be easily claimed to be making sense but I might as well mention it.