Where is the Don't Starve save file located on Linux?

This might help..

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\???????\219740\remoteor C:\Program Files\Steam\userdata\???????\219740\remoteWhere ?????? is likely the only folder in the user data folder.. In the remote folder make copies of the file called Latest_# where # will be the save slot you want to save.. just copy it into the 219740 folder so you can just copy paste it back into remote if you need to.. Keep in mind that if you die and have to restart you have to restart the game and make a new save before Don't Starve will actually let you use the pasted in file.. It sorta just sits there otherwise.. If none of this makes sense.. Please ask someone in your household that is computer literate to read this and explain it to you.. because I can't make it any easier than this for you.. If you are using Chrome.. I'm sorry I have no idea where the save files are..I searched and found http://forums.kleientertainment.com/showthread.php?8922-Persistent-Harassment-Mod/page2&p=73743#post73743 for if you are using Chrome.. I cannot help further because I do not use Chrome..

You telling me I can install Chrome on Linux?

I use Chromium there and Don't Starve does not run on it.

EDIT: They say they have it. They also say it was not found:

Posted Image

EDIT2: This is what I get if I try to install Don't Starve on Chromium:

Posted Image

Edited by Avelarius

You telling me I can install Chrome on Linux?

Absolutely. You just aren't likely to find it in the default repo (software center). Just Google the word "chrome" and go to Google's download page. The page ought to detect that you are running Linux and show you the appropriate download link. You may have to choose between 32/64 bit, I'm not sure, it's been a while. Anyway, I assume you can install a package from file?

Absolutely. You just aren't likely to find it in the default repo (software center). Just Google the word "chrome" and go to Google's download page. The page ought to detect that you are running Linux and show you the appropriate download link. You may have to choose between 32/64 bit, I'm not sure, it's been a while. Anyway, I assume you can install a package from file?

Thanks. Chrome is up an running. Now lets go find these save files and hope both platforms use the same format.

~/.config/google-chrome/Default/File System/000/p

But the file numbering is different ¬¬

EDIT: This gonna take a while...

Posted Image

I'm on windows at the moment so I'll check your location when I get home.

Also, the error screen. Make sure your video drivers are updated and OpenGL is working.

It works!

I managed to transfer one of my saves but it changed slots.

The filenames are numbered and you can find out which ones by monitoring the time of change while saving.

/Users/username/AppData/Local/Google/Chrome/User Data/Profile 1/File System/001/p/01 is the place in Windows

/home/username/.config/google-chrome/Default/File System/000/p/00 is the place in linux

I still missing my main save so it is probably in the folder 00 in Windows gonna check later.

Posted Image

• Developer

Mac and Linux ports are in progress. We're not sure how long its going to take, but probably not too long.One of the biggest hurdles is that we need to make a freestanding auto-updating system. Such are the perils of a game with constant content additions!