Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheHomeChicken

To unlock all the characters?

19 posts in this topic

I really dislike the way that characters unlock in this game. The past few updates made it better, but still.So I was wondering, could someone make a mod so that all the characters are unlocked; OR, just a new way TO unlock characters? It doesn't seem extensively difficult, but I have no knowledge of coding whatsoever.

2 people like this

Here you go: mainscreen.zipNavigate to \Steam\steamapps\common\dont_starve\data\scripts\screens and extract the file. This unlocks the 'Cheat' button on the main menu. Click 'Unlock Everything' to unlock all the characters.

Here you go: mainscreen.zipNavigate to \Steam\steamapps\common\dont_starve\data\scripts\screens and extract the file. This unlocks the 'Cheat' button on the main menu. Click 'Unlock Everything' to unlock all the characters.

Alright thanks.You should make an official thread with this tool, assuming it works.EDIT: Which it does. Thanks a ton :D

How to unlock all players:Live some long time.Save the world (copy the latest)then die,then paste the world you saved. repeat!Profit.

Also, a couple of guys and myself have been working on a Save Editor for Don't Starve, which would give you the option of influencing the day you're playing on. That way you can put it on day 100, die and unlock all the characters that way. It's kind of like cheating, but it's up to you how you want to play the game of course. The first version should come out tomorrow or the day after.

Here you go: XX Navigate to \Steam\steamapps\common\dont_starve\data\scripts\screens and extract the file. This unlocks the 'Cheat' button on the main menu. Click 'Unlock Everything' to unlock all the characters.

Thank you sir, a crash ate my unlocks and this saves me alot of trouble :o

2 people like this

How to unlock all players:Live some long time.Save the world (copy the latest)then die,then paste the world you saved. repeat!Profit.

That's what ive been doing, but the new update broke it with the way it works now. Long story.

Was I meant to copy and replace? Or copy and keep both files. I copied and replaced, now don't starve is broke.

2 people like this

You can open the debug console and type

Profile:UnlockEverything()
1 person likes this

My Idea is no longer done i guess...But unlock everything command is nice. thanks. also theres a thank from the woodie too :D

You've ruined entertainment now

You can open the debug console and type

Profile:UnlockEverything()
Thankyou did not want to have to unlock wes legitamately (I suck at adventure mode so dont kill me anti-cheaters)

Here you go: mainscreen.zipNavigate to \Steam\steamapps\common\dont_starve\data\scripts\screens and extract the

file. This unlocks the 'Cheat' button on the main menu. Click 'Unlock Everything' to unlock all the characters.i tried this and it just broke the game how do i fix it

i tried doing this mainscreen .zip but it didnt work and my dont starve is broken now

i tried doing this mainscreen .zip but it didnt work and my dont starve is broken now

Put the original file back then.  That post was from over a year ago (multiple game updates ago).