To unlock all the characters?

ds505

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
18 replies to this topic

#1 TheHomeChicken

TheHomeChicken

• 539 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:03 PM

I really dislike the way that characters unlock in this game. The past few updates made it better, but still.So I was wondering, could someone make a mod so that all the characters are unlocked; OR, just a new way TO unlock characters? It doesn't seem extensively difficult, but I have no knowledge of coding whatsoever.
I DO STUFF
and THINGS

#2 clockwork

clockwork

• 119 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:15 PM

Here you go: mainscreen.zipNavigate to \Steam\steamapps\common\dont_starve\data\scripts\screens and extract the file. This unlocks the 'Cheat' button on the main menu. Click 'Unlock Everything' to unlock all the characters.

#3 TheHomeChicken

TheHomeChicken

• 539 posts

Posted 12 February 2013 - 02:19 PM

Here you go: mainscreen.zipNavigate to \Steam\steamapps\common\dont_starve\data\scripts\screens and extract the file. This unlocks the 'Cheat' button on the main menu. Click 'Unlock Everything' to unlock all the characters.

Alright thanks.You should make an official thread with this tool, assuming it works.EDIT: Which it does. Thanks a ton :D

Edited by TheHomeChicken, 12 February 2013 - 02:22 PM.

I DO STUFF
and THINGS

#4 Jason_Anaminus

Jason_Anaminus

• 107 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 01:22 PM

How to unlock all players:Live some long time.Save the world (copy the latest)then die,then paste the world you saved. repeat!Profit.

#5 Torasko

Torasko

• 410 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 02:44 PM

Also, a couple of guys and myself have been working on a Save Editor for Don't Starve, which would give you the option of influencing the day you're playing on. That way you can put it on day 100, die and unlock all the characters that way. It's kind of like cheating, but it's up to you how you want to play the game of course. The first version should come out tomorrow or the day after.

#6 SardaTFK

SardaTFK

• 84 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 08:15 PM

Here you go: XX Navigate to \Steam\steamapps\common\dont_starve\data\scripts\screens and extract the file. This unlocks the 'Cheat' button on the main menu. Click 'Unlock Everything' to unlock all the characters.

Thank you sir, a crash ate my unlocks and this saves me alot of trouble :o

#7 TheHomeChicken

TheHomeChicken

• 539 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 10:06 PM

How to unlock all players:Live some long time.Save the world (copy the latest)then die,then paste the world you saved. repeat!Profit.

That's what ive been doing, but the new update broke it with the way it works now. Long story.
I DO STUFF
and THINGS

#8 truthalone

truthalone

• 3 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 10:48 AM

Was I meant to copy and replace? Or copy and keep both files. I copied and replaced, now don't starve is broke.

#9 Heavenfall

Heavenfall

• 1102 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 11:21 AM

Use the one in my signature instead, this one is old.
Please quote my post or include @Heavenfall in your post if you are replying to me, it helps me see your reply.

My mods

#10 no_signal

no_signal

• 216 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 11:36 AM

You can open the debug console and type
 Profile:UnlockEverything()

#11 truthalone

truthalone

• 3 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 01:21 PM

I love you.

#12 rockfang3

rockfang3

• 2 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:35 PM

extract witch file sorry for asking i don't know though

#13 Jason_Anaminus

Jason_Anaminus

• 107 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 07:23 AM

My Idea is no longer done i guess...But unlock everything command is nice. thanks. also theres a thank from the woodie too :D

#14 LilTom956

LilTom956

• 1 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 10:12 AM

Thanks for ***** up my don't starve

#15 Redconer

Redconer

• 28 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 10:14 AM

You've ruined entertainment now
How about some cheese in your pizza?

#16 Craig_Perry

Craig_Perry
  • Shadowphonographer

• 2906 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 10:42 AM

You can open the debug console and type

Profile:UnlockEverything()

Thankyou did not want to have to unlock wes legitamately (I suck at adventure mode so dont kill me anti-cheaters)

#17 ethank321

ethank321

• 2 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 12:22 PM

Here you go: mainscreen.zipNavigate to \Steam\steamapps\common\dont_starve\data\scripts\screens and extract the

file. This unlocks the 'Cheat' button on the main menu. Click 'Unlock Everything' to unlock all the characters.i tried this and it just broke the game how do i fix it

#18 ethank321

ethank321

• 2 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 12:37 PM

i tried doing this mainscreen .zip but it didnt work and my dont starve is broken now

#19 seronis

seronis

• 252 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 03:58 PM

i tried doing this mainscreen .zip but it didnt work and my dont starve is broken now

Put the original file back then.  That post was from over a year ago (multiple game updates ago).

Any code, ideas or suggestions I post should be considered Public Domain to the fullest extent possible. Borrow, steal and abuse them to your hearts contentment.