Feb 12 Update - Insanity!

In a totally not related to my post about the insanity but why is everyone waiting for the Winter-update to be "The One Patch" that will fix it all? It's quite interesting because most likely it's not going to be, people hype over it FAR to much.

In a totally not related to my post about the insanity but why is everyone waiting for the Winter-update to be "The One Patch" that will fix it all? It's quite interesting because most likely it's not going to be, people hype over it FAR to much.

It wont be, and the "I died and now I don't like this game" crowd is more vocal than ever.

The sanity update was a great one, the people on the forum went crazy on a puzzle that said almost nothing, I never saw anything like that before.

BUT, the sanity mechanic needs a re-work, nothing big, but it needs to be a every day problem like fatigue is.

Look at my suggestion here: http://forums.kleientertainment.com/showthread.php?9913-Sanity-Mechanic-Improvement-suggestion

I for one have faith in the devs, the final product is a couple of months away ( not released but "final" ) which is 6+ month away, so they have time.With that said, I like how Kevin snapped a bit, it was fun to see his more ... tired side.

At last, I can farm for nightmare fuel without dying:PAlso shadow armor could use some buff it brakes faster than log suit and is much more expensive.

I don't think it needs a buff. Logsuit just reduce the amount of damage that you receive, while the night armor absorb all the damage.Even having a downside (sanity) it's not that big of a deal. I mean, taffy is really cheap.

It wont be, and the "I died and now I don't like this game" crowd is more vocal than ever.

We really need to get the interest of the Dark Souls community. They knew how to deal with those people.

There are reasons why games like Dark Souls and The Binding of Isaac remain as some of the most popular games on Twitch.tv. Are these games punishing when mistakes are made? Absolutely. Do the developers apologize for the difficulty? No. Are the mechanics made clear through experience? Yes. Does finishing each game feel like an accomplishment? Wholeheartedly, yes.

The developers of Don't Starve need to set forth clear intentions for each mode of the game, and be willing not to be deterred from that vision. Do they intend a casual experience, one that encourages one, or maybe, two playthroughs? Do the developers intend to create an experience with infinite replayability, one in which frustration and accomplishment go hand-in-hand? Some combination of the two? There is no judgment. It's all just a matter of perspective.

Personally, when I play Isaac, do I sometimes get frustrated? Totally. What am I frustrated by? Not the game, certainly. It's that I knew I made mistakes. After taking a break, I always try again, trying to get one floor further. I want to have this same kind of experience with Don't Starve. I've made this suggestion, and I hope the developers find it helpful.

Edited by asix79

Adventure mode looks nice, had a big smile on my face when I saw the pig villages will berries and carrots farm. Insanity is cool.ABSOLUTELY HATE HAVING TO RESEARCH EVERYTHING EVERYTIME. TOO MUCH GRIND.

...Grind? O.oYou just need the materials you would normally need, but you stand next to a science machine. I don't see any grind here.

Adventure mode looks nice, had a big smile on my face when I saw the pig villages will berries and carrots farm. Insanity is cool.ABSOLUTELY HATE HAVING TO RESEARCH EVERYTHING EVERYTIME. TOO MUCH GRIND.

...Grind? O.oYou just need the materials you would normally need, but you stand next to a science machine. I don't see any grind here.

There is no pleasing some people.. Don't try.. It will drive you to insanity that can't be remedied with any amount of taffy.

Well, i guess you didn't see my posts. People were complaining about me, after i complained about the people complaining about the new research system.No regrets.

I'm sorry I didn't notice you replied to my reply.. I was too excited reading about a Terraria update..Palp.. don't worry about it.. F' em if they don't like you.. plenty of other fish in the sea..I figured this was relevant and something that the devs should see if they never heard/read/saw it before.."80% of your complaints come from 20% of your customers."Food for thought perhaps..http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pareto_principle Edited by fear_town
stupid typos.. grr.. and again for an almost immediate afterthought.

I'm sorry I didn't notice you replied to my reply.. I was too excited reading about a Terraria update..Palp.. don't worry about it.. F' em if they don't like you.. plenty of other fish in the sea..I figured this was relevant and something that the devs should see if they never heard/read/saw it before.."80% of your complaints come from 20% of your customers."Food for thought perhaps..http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pareto_principle

That 80-20 thing seems pretty neat.And i actually do care about people who don't like me. Everything is feedback, every information expands my knowledge. Only exceptions: trolls and flamers. From them, you only learn how harsh the internet can be. :D