Don't Starve Save Editor (v0.3.2)

Torasko

I got a report about someone having problems with the Don't Starve Save Editor on Windows 8. Can someone confirm this for me and provide me with possible error reports and/or screenshots? I also want to know and the tool is running fine for you on Windows 8. Thank you for testing, I appreciate it!

Well Torasko has said theres bugs..? Right?

The Save Editor is in perfectly working condition, there's no reason not to try it out. Edited by Torasko
  • Like 1

I got a report about someone having problems with the Don't Starve Save Editor on Windows 8. Can someone confirm this for me and provide me with possible error reports and/or screenshots? I also want to know and the tool is running fine for you on Windows 8. Thank you for testing, I appreciate it!The Save Editor is in perfectly working condition, there's no reason not to try it out.

I'll do it, I have windows 8 and will bug test it.

I'm planning to release one more update before the new Don't Starve update hits in two weeks. I'll probably do this tomorrow or the day after. Features included will be the ability to change the exact time of day. Also, thanks for testing, [MENTION=8102]Yello[/MENTION]. If more people can share information about how the tool works for them on Windows 8, it would be a huge help.

I've tried this both on a 64bit W7 machine and a 32bit W8 machine and it crashes on my save game:

(it may be that it's a pre-insanity save, so I'll try it on a new game)

UPDATE: Save Editor works fine on new game save. (Thank you!). Old saves are hinky: Can't edit them and they're the saves that make for the jerky lag that people are seeing.

See the end of this message for details on invoking

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************

System.Exception: Exception of type 'System.Exception' was thrown.

at Dont_Starve_Savegame_Editor.JsonArray.Process()

at Dont_Starve_Savegame_Editor.Form1.LoadPlayerInfo()

at Dont_Starve_Savegame_Editor.Form1.menu_open_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************

mscorlib

Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.17929 built by: FX45RTMREL

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll

----------------------------------------

Dont Starve Savegame Editor

Assembly Version: 0.1.0.0

Win32 Version: 0.1.0.0

CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Steam/userdata/10389473/Don't%20Starve%20Save%20Editor/Dont%20Starve%20Save%20Editor.exe

System.Windows.Forms

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System.Drawing

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

System

CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

Ionic.Zlib

Assembly Version: 1.9.1.8

Win32 Version: 1.9.1.8

CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Steam/userdata/10389473/Don't%20Starve%20Save%20Editor/Ionic.Zlib.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************

To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this

application or computer (machine.config) must have the

jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.

The application must also be compiled with debugging

enabled.

For example:

<configuration>

<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />

</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception

will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer

rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Edited by tehMugwump

I've tried this both on a 64bit W7 machine and a 32bit W8 machine and it crashes on my save game:

This can indeed be the problem, as the Save Editor handles data that is not supported by previous versions of Don't Starve. It would be great if you can send me a copy of your save file so I can check myself. Would you be so kind to put your save file in a .zip file and upload it for me? Edited by Torasko

This can indeed be the problem, as the Save Editor handles data that is not supported by previous versions of Don't Starve. It would be great if you can send me a copy of your save file so I can check myself. Would you be so kind to put your save file in a .zip file and upload it for me?

The only slight ocd moment of me problem is that the save game and who i'm playing as did not update :3

i may ask you to post a warning that if u make your cordinates outside the mapping area it will destroy your game, or crash it terriblythis is what happened: i was testing the cordinate machine and must have typed and exstra 0 making my charecter outside the {tab} map and everytime i tried get on the world ide crash, i changed the cordinates to the original and it didnt work, the latest file got currupted

The third version of the Don't Starve Save Editor has been released. It adds the ability to change the amount of daylight you have left before the sunset kicks in. There is also a new 'Project Page' button that links to this thread, and the existing menu 'Project Page' button also links to this thread now.I've updated the opening post, so you can check that out to download the new version of the Don't Starve Save Editor. Also, I've added a new feature to the 'Upcoming Features' list that I think will get a lot of you excited.Happy starving!

Hello, when I tried to Open the save file this came up:"Unhandled exception has occured in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempth to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.Input string was not in a correct format."The details are contained in the Spoiler.

See the end of this message for details on invoking just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.************** Exception Text **************System.FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format. at System.Number.ParseDouble(String value, NumberStyles options, NumberFormatInfo numfmt) at System.Convert.ToDouble(String value) at Dont_Starve_Savegame_Editor.Form1.LoadPlayerInfo() at Dont_Starve_Savegame_Editor.Form1.menu_open_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)************** Loaded Assemblies **************mscorlib Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.296 (RTMGDR.030319-2900) CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll----------------------------------------Dont Starve Savegame Editor Assembly Version: 0.1.0.0 Win32 Version: 0.1.0.0 CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/J.Å .%20Jr/Desktop/Don't%20Starve%20Save%20Editor/Dont%20Starve%20Save%20Editor.exe----------------------------------------System.Windows.Forms Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1002 built by: RTMGDR CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll----------------------------------------System.Drawing Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1001 built by: RTMGDR CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll----------------------------------------System Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1001 built by: RTMGDR CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll----------------------------------------Ionic.Zlib Assembly Version: 1.9.1.8 Win32 Version: 1.9.1.8 CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/J.Å .%20Jr/Desktop/Don't%20Starve%20Save%20Editor/Ionic.Zlib.DLL----------------------------------------************** JIT Debugging **************To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for thisapplication or computer (machine.config) must have thejitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.The application must also be compiled with debuggingenabled.For example:<configuration> <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" /></configuration>When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exceptionwill be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computerrather than be handled by this dialog box.

Edited by WX-78

Hello, when I tried to Open the save file this came up:The details are contained in the Spoiler.

Consulte el final de este mensaje para obtener mĂ¡s detalles sobre cĂ³mo invocar a la depuraciĂ³n Just-In-Time (JIT) en lugar de a este cuadro de diĂ¡logo.************** Texto de la excepciĂ³n **************System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: El valor de '-2147483648' no es vĂ¡lido para 'Value'. 'Value' deberĂ­a estar entre 'Minimum' y 'Maximum'.Nombre del parĂ¡metro: Value en System.Windows.Forms.NumericUpDown.set_Value(Decimal value) en Dont_Starve_Savegame_Editor.Form1.LoadPlayerInfo() en Dont_Starve_Savegame_Editor.Form1.menu_open_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) en System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e) en System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e) en System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e) en System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e) en System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met) en System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met) en System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea) en System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea) en System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks) en System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m) en System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m) en System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m) en System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m) en System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m) en System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m) en System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)************** Ensamblados cargados **************mscorlib VersiĂ³n del ensamblado: 4.0.0.0 VersiĂ³n Win32: 4.0.30319.296 (RTMGDR.030319-2900) CĂ³digo base: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll----------------------------------------Dont Starve Savegame Editor VersiĂ³n del ensamblado: 0.1.0.0 VersiĂ³n Win32: 0.1.0.0 CĂ³digo base: file:///C:/Users/Pablo/AppData/Local/Temp/Rar$EX93.440/Don't%20Starve%20Save%20Editor/Dont%20Starve%20Save%20Editor.exe----------------------------------------System.Windows.Forms VersiĂ³n del ensamblado: 4.0.0.0 VersiĂ³n Win32: 4.0.30319.1002 built by: RTMGDR CĂ³digo base: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll----------------------------------------System.Drawing VersiĂ³n del ensamblado: 4.0.0.0 VersiĂ³n Win32: 4.0.30319.1001 built by: RTMGDR CĂ³digo base: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll----------------------------------------System VersiĂ³n del ensamblado: 4.0.0.0 VersiĂ³n Win32: 4.0.30319.1001 built by: RTMGDR CĂ³digo base: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll----------------------------------------Ionic.Zlib VersiĂ³n del ensamblado: 1.9.1.8 VersiĂ³n Win32: 1.9.1.8 CĂ³digo base: file:///C:/Users/Pablo/AppData/Local/Temp/Rar$EX93.440/Don't%20Starve%20Save%20Editor/Ionic.Zlib.DLL----------------------------------------System.Windows.Forms.resources VersiĂ³n del ensamblado: 4.0.0.0 VersiĂ³n Win32: 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel CĂ³digo base: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_es_b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.resources.dll----------------------------------------mscorlib.resources VersiĂ³n del ensamblado: 4.0.0.0 VersiĂ³n Win32: 4.0.30319.235 (RTMGDR.030319-2300) CĂ³digo base: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/mscorlib.resources/v4.0_4.0.0.0_es_b77a5c561934e089/mscorlib.resources.dll----------------------------------------System.Xml VersiĂ³n del ensamblado: 4.0.0.0 VersiĂ³n Win32: 4.0.30319.233 built by: RTMGDR CĂ³digo base: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll----------------------------------------************** DepuraciĂ³n JIT **************Para habilitar la depuraciĂ³n Just In Time (JIT), el archivo de configuraciĂ³n de estaaplicaciĂ³n o equipo (machine.config) debe tener elvalor jitDebugging establecido en la secciĂ³n system.windows.forms.La aplicaciĂ³n tambiĂ©n se debe compilar con la depuraciĂ³nhabilitadaPor ejemplo:<configuration> <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" /></configuration>Cuando estĂ© habilitada la depuraciĂ³n JIT, cualquier excepciĂ³n no controladase enviarĂ¡ al depurador JIT registrado en el equipoen lugar de controlarlo mediante el cuadro de diĂ¡logo.

[MENTION=10322]WX-78[/MENTION] Can you tell me exactly what kind of save file that is and what you did before trying to load the program? Think about the mode that you picked, if you already ate some food, how much health, hunger or sanity you have, and other basic information like that.

[MENTION=10322]WX-78[/MENTION] Can you tell me exactly what kind of save file that is and what you did before trying to load the program? Think about the mode that you picked, if you already ate some food, how much health, hunger or sanity you have, and other basic information like that.

I wanted to start a new world with cheats, it´s save 4, I did not do anything (I started up the world and I quitted straight away). Also, a similar thing happened to me when I tried to test the v0.2 version. But the first time I tried out your editor at v0.1 it worked. I guess it started at v0.2, but I did not use it when it was in that state, I tried to use it at the v0.3.

I wanted to start a new world with cheats, it´s save 4, I did not do anything (I started up the world and I quitted straight away). Also, a similar thing happened to me when I tried to test the v0.2 version. But the first time I tried out your editor at v0.1 it worked. I guess it started at v0.2, but I did not use it when it was in that state, I tried to use it at the v0.3.

I noticed that when you start a new world (I tested this with an Adventure world) some variables are not available in the save file yet. This means that the program tries to load - for example - the 'hunger' variable, but can't do that because it's not present in the save file because you exited straight away. I got the same error as you got when this happened, so that's the problem I think.

im confused on how daytime left works?

The 'Daytime Left' feature calculates how many seconds of daytime you have left. Let's do the math! A day is 8 minutes long. 5 minutes daytime, 2 minutes night and 1 minute sunset. A minute has 60 second, so a day has 8*60 = 480 seconds. 120 seconds night, 60 seconds sunset and 300 seconds daytime. The 'Daytime Left' is those 300 seconds.For example, when you put in 1, you have only 1 second left before sunset kicks in. At this point the day will last 181 seconds (2 minutes night + 1 minute sunset + 1 second daytime) before the next day starts.

Hello, when I tried to Open the save file this came up:"Unhandled exception has occured in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempth to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.Input string was not in a correct format."The details are contained in the Spoiler.

I've got that same error

i was wondering if you were working on something like that for dont starve that alows you to literally edit the world?i tried using your editer to edit a world but sadly eggs keep growing... and hound attacks continued to get feirce... i cant send a file world that has red hounds day 1 and spider queens everywhere... oh that and the map when u press tab is revealed tends to be an issue to x.x

New Ideas for future versions: the ability to clear your [tab] map to where u can see everything or the ability to make the [tab] map all darkened like when u first started game. idea 2: . . . i forgot.. but if i remember my other ideas ile post them

- - - Updated - - -

New Ideas for future versions: the ability to clear your [tab] map to where u can see everything or the ability to make the [tab] map all darkened like when u first started game. idea 2: . . . i forgot.. but if i remember my other ideas ile post them

The bug has been fixed alongside another one, and the hotfix is now available for download. Check the opening post of this thread for the download link. As always, please let me know when you find new problems!

Thank you and I hope it works, keep up the work.By the way, just out of curiosity, what was causing the problem?

There was an input problem. The program recognized input that was invalid as we hard-coded the program to read dots when doubles were used. When input had a comma, the program gave an error. This is a typical case of 1.000 being thousand and 1,000 being one, and reversed. It depended on what your computer settings were. This is the reason why the program worked for some people, while it crashed for others.

i was wondering if you were working on something like that for dont starve that alows you to literally edit the world?i tried using your editer to edit a world but sadly eggs keep growing... and hound attacks continued to get feirce... i cant send a file world that has red hounds day 1 and spider queens everywhere... oh that and the map when u press tab is revealed tends to be an issue to x.x

I'm not working on something like that at the moment, although I'm sure that it's possible to make. Who knows, maybe a tool like that will surface for Don't Starve one day!

The bug has been fixed alongside another one, and the hotfix is now available for download. Check the opening post of this thread for the download link. As always, please let me know when you find new problems!There was an input problem. The program recognized input that was invalid as we hard-coded the program to read dots when doubles were used. When input had a comma, the program gave an error. This is a typical case of 1.000 being thousand and 1,000 being one, and reversed. It depended on what your computer settings were. This is the reason why the program worked for some people, while it crashed for others.I'm not working on something like that at the moment, although I'm sure that it's possible to make. Who knows, maybe a tool like that will surface for Don't Starve one day!

I do not want to advertise, but just FYI, I saw a thread on the forums with a mod like that that´s WiP.EDIT: And thank you again for the hotfix :) I like having one "cheated" save file always.EDIT2: I am sorry for being such a troubleful person, but I encountered another error...I used the program on the same save file (After trying it once, I reset the world and tried it again, no luck), and the same error came up, here are the error details:

See the end of this message for details on invoking just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.************** Exception Text **************System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary. at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key) at Dont_Starve_Savegame_Editor.JsonArray.get_Item(String name) at Dont_Starve_Savegame_Editor.Form1.LoadPlayerInfo() at Dont_Starve_Savegame_Editor.Form1.menu_open_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m) at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)************** Loaded Assemblies **************mscorlib Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0 Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.296 (RTMGDR.030319-2900) CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll----------------------------------------Dont Starve Save Editor

Edited by WX-78
  • Like 1