Skin gifts with family sharing

Hello, im sharing my steam libery with my sisters account, she was playing like 8h today and she didn't received any gift.

She wasn't playing for 2 weeks so its not about 4gift/weekly limit.

Did devs changed that?

1 hour ago, Sinister_Fang said:

Oh. I thought that was an intentional change so people would stop abusing the skin system to get additional skins.

There is a limit on the amount of skins that can be gained through family sharing, but it's definitely not zero. 

33 minutes ago, JoeW said:

There is a limit on the amount of skins that can be gained through family sharing, but it's definitely not zero. 

It is 4 per week limit like normal account right?

3 hours ago, skapmet said:

It is 4 per week limit like normal account right?

Hey why would you want such an information, isn't obvious how top secret it is. You'll have to guess cause numbers are always bad when it comes to anything related to randomness and gambling.

3 minutes ago, t1morino88eex said:

Hey why would you want such an information, isn't obvious how top secret it is. You'll have to guess cause numbers are always bad when it comes to anything related to randomness and gambling.

Why would family sharing users be treated worse and don't benefit full aspect of game?

If you give something to players and after a while you take it back is that right? i don't think so mate. And asking isn't a crime either

37 minutes ago, skapmet said:

Why would family sharing users be treated worse and don't benefit full aspect of game?

Because you could easily abuse this by sharing your account with all your family (or false account), make the game turn in godmode and get free skins multiplied by numbers of accounts for only one version of the game. So limits are needed.

Seems that the limit is still allowing family members to have skin, so it's not like they don't have skin at all. I don't see it as unfair, especially because skins aren't really a normal part of the game (i mean, if i play only time to time i will have very few skin, because it is how the system work, but i still can enjoy the full game. Because skins aren't, for me, really in the game, but a kind of bonus.)

Steam allows to share games only with 5 accounts. For example if you share CS:GO you can't play Matchmaking, only normal servers.

I agree, ppl can abuse it, but game copy itself should be limited to drop only set ammount of skins no matter which account is currently playing

I don't know how it works. Maybe something like 4 skin for player who own the original game, and a limited amount of skin for player using the shared game ? Anyway, there is a bug now so it's hard to say, i suggest to wait for correction to see if there is really something wrong in the numbers, but i'm confident, it should be fine :)

A simple solution would be to make skins obtained this way non-tradable and non-marketable. Then it can be 4 drops.
It's just an idea, personally I don't like it that much. It could be hard to implement, too.

You can get 4 skins for your main account and 4 for all sharing accounts. For example, if you get 2 skins with your 1st sharing account, then you can get only rest 2 skins with 2nd. So, 8 skins per DST copy. Good thing buying it give you 2 copies.

7 hours ago, sosiskaKi said:

You can get 4 skins for your main account and 4 for all sharing accounts. For example, if you get 2 skins with your 1st sharing account, then you can get only rest 2 skins with 2nd. So, 8 skins per DST copy. Good thing buying it give you 2 copies.

It was obvious they'd nerf it, sooner or later.

Well gl collecting 31 more elegants now :|

Archived