Why can't we have rose skins

why can't We have Rose skins  I don't want maybe guesses I want an actual answer if the Dev's don't want to port the skins or ever want to port the skins I'm fine with it my problem with it is that they have said nothing really on the issue except maybe and now it's been close to a year and a half since they released and we still don't have and Tencent  still doesn't have the guest of honor skins 

1 hour ago, Lumina said:

I don't understand why people expect an answer when nothing happened that could justify a change. I mean, skin release would not come out of nowhere.

More so just want an update 

2 hours ago, JellyUltra said:

Why do you guys care about rose skins so much? Most of them don't even look good.

I think it's because the skins are something that the community has been clamoring for for quite a while, but a definitive answer has never been given out by a dev as to why they haven't made their way to Steam yet (Besides platform exclusivity). That, and I also personally think that there hasn't been much else to talk about concerning DST lately. I haven't read that anything huge might be coming to the game, and as I'm sure we're all aware, the people working at Klei are pretty much preoccupied with developing 3-4 other projects at the moment.

As to your second point, that's subjective. What might not appeal to you may appeal to an individual who thinks that the skins look lovely. But I do think that they shouldn't be such a huge issue/ hot topic to talk about. They're simply cosmetic and do not change the game in any meaningful way.

Joe just mentioned the other day that something big is happening in the future so we need to sit tight.

Rose skins are nice and so are guest of honor, but I have to wonder if they're holding out until both sides have story related updates. Rose skins represent Charlie but what do Guest of Honor relate to?

1 hour ago, minespatch said:

Rose skins represent Charlie but what do Guest of Honor relate to?

Well if I remember long ago when Joe first explained the skin concept of both scans they represent us guest of honor being there beach for Charlie and I still like the nod to the beta being treated like guest of honor

But I think they both relate to pretty similar things just like different occasions I still want the roast can't man how my supposed to write all my metrosexual homosexual fanfiction without them I need a Gay Wes/Maxwell man

they have already said they do have a possibility of porting the skins over they have no problem with doing so if the community wants them enough.  that or maybe they have the rose skins as a rainy day fund  so they can get some money off the market trade system.

joeW-lore-rose-formal-collection-steam-ps4.PNG.e0f3593bc9ea31df13f03dd20685d818.PNG

57 minutes ago, EsaiXD said:

hey have already said they do have a possibility of porting the skins over they have no problem with doing so if the community wants them enough.  that or maybe they have the rose skins as a rainy day fund  so they can get some money off the market trade system.

So what your saying is I can't have my homoerotic fanfiction/RP right now? BUT...BUT KLEI I WANT IT AND I WANT IT NOW!!!!

9 hours ago, TheKingDedede said:

I haven't read that anything huge might be coming to the game, and as I'm sure we're all aware, the people working at Klei are pretty much preoccupied with developing 3-4 other projects at the moment.

They are still working on the game, but aren't ready to talk about it yet. They mentioned it at least one month ago in a stream, and yesterday on forum.

21 hours ago, TheKingDedede said:

That, and I also personally think that there hasn't been much else to talk about concerning DST lately. I haven't read that anything huge might be coming to the game

Just because there aren't constant updates doesn't mean there isn't anything to talk about. It took years after it was implemented for people to realize insanity is a good thing. It's gonna take a long time for people to stop discovering new stuff to talk about.

10 minutes ago, JellyUltra said:

Just because there aren't constant updates doesn't mean there isn't anything to talk about. It took years after it was implemented for people to realize insanity is a good thing. It's gonna take a long time for people to stop discovering new stuff to talk about.

I don't think he met that and yes but until than as activity lulls. I will continue to be petty or someone will. I only made this thread because I was bored and wanted to complain about something.

If they plan on doing it, which they probably will at some point simply because of how easy yet well-requested it is, it hasn't been done for the same reason why it took them years to patch in a relatively basic couple of abuse-restricting mechanics to public servers.

Prioritization, what their boss says, so on.

It isn't good. Because honestly they should have dropped whatever content they were working on to fix the broken harassment flooded multiplayer the moment it became apparent; since it's kind of a huge problem. But they didn't because of various arbitrary rules and regulations. Again, the multiplayer was so broken and prone to abuse it really should have been addressed immediately; but a problem that massive got pushed back for years because of dumb. So if that kind of crippling issue took forever to get around to, something like porting skins isn't going to get a higher ranking in the schedule. Probably.

The only good thing is that it is known that they have plans, which are at least big enough that they are purposely holding off on making a statement about it because of how significant it is. Even if it doesn't and never will involve the rose skins, at least something is happening.

Doesn't repair all the emotional damage caused by the numerous instances of false hype they allowed to spread, but hey time wounds all heals.

Curious about how you prevent false hype when people aren't rational and hyping themselves without Klei doing anything. Oh, maybe saying something so people will call them liar if for a reason the thing comes later ? Good idea, nothing could go wrong doing this.

17 hours ago, Lumina said:

Curious about how you prevent false hype when people aren't rational and hyping themselves without Klei doing anything. Oh, maybe saying something so people will call them liar if for a reason the thing comes later ? Good idea, nothing could go wrong doing this.

Unsure of what reality you are currently in.

Just because Klei doesn't do anything doesn't mean hype can't form. Or was the entire Wendella situation not rational? Or was seeing random numbers clearly spelled out in various parts of the Metheus puzzle also not rational. Yes it was so irrational and self-hype to notice that the wall clearly spelled out June One O, or noticing the number thirteen literally written on the wall and finding that the number thirteen was massively prevalent throughout the entire puzzle. All the hype that has been made prior to now has come from legitimate and substantiated events that Klei allowed to happen, boil over, and fade off without any interference.

Instead of letting people flip out of Wendella, the 13th, June 10th, so on. The developers could have just told people whether or not they had something to look forward to anytime soon. Instead of leaving everything unspoken and allowing people to falsely believe anything was happening remotely soon. At any point, without revealing any information, the developers could have just came in and told people there wasn't anything happening as of yet and that they shouldn't get excited. At any point they could have made this incredibly simple and unrevealing statement to save people the wasted time and emotion, instead they just lazily let it all happen apparently for their own convenience sake.

Except for like right now. Y'know, when JoeW showed up to make a statement that nothing was happening yet, in reply to a completely arbitrary and over-exaggerated thread that some random posted without even knowing the recent history of the game entire months after all the initial hype and chaos wore off. Yeah, that's when they show up to say something, to some random who doesn't even know what they're talking about; not half the entire community flipping out over the Wendella strings, or the 13th, or June One O. 10/10 Klei.

23 hours ago, JellyUltra said:

It took years after it was implemented for people to realize insanity is a good thing. It's gonna take a long time for people to stop discovering new stuff to talk about.

I'm not really into community discoveries. I'm more interested in the content that an update provides, which gives me an incentive to hop back into DS/DST (I haven't done so in a while. I've been playing other games that have grabbed my attention). When I think of community discoveries, I think of somebody making a new account and finding out stuff through making threads, when a wiki might have done the job better at teaching them how to play the game. Some users might be into that, I'm not. This isn't a jab at those who do that, I'm just more into updates and content than experimenting with a new mechanic in the game.

As a quick side-note, I used to experiment on learning how to summon Klaus when most of the community were unaware of how to do so. I found it interesting for about half an hour or so. I was more interested in what the next update would bring, but appreciated the Winter's Feast update.

1 minute ago, The Curator said:

Or was the entire Wendella situation not rational?

Yes, it was totally not rational, if you are speaking about Winona. (Wendella seems to be one of your mod, nothing Klei related).

Yes, i find it totally excessive for people to hype themselves without any official message from klei and making reproaches to Klei after that.

The entire sentence is important. If people hype themselves but understand that they are hyping themselves, it's ok. But blaming Klei because people are hyping themselves, it's totally wrong for me. And i don't see how a message of Klei could be for sure a good thing.

Don't expect anything soon ? So we could expect something later, yeah ? And maybe at the moment the plans weren't set. So false hope.

This is just a work that could never be in the game ? Confirm that it's official (yeah, because doubt is still possible), leading to high hope.

All messages could had created more problems and things to manage, and especially more pressure. And possibly stronger disappointment at the end.

Sure, maybe you wanted to know if something was behind june 13th. And some others players weren't. Also, if i remember well, a new game of Klei was announced this day, so maybe it was fulfilled, but people were expecting too much and too much DST related. What to answer ? This is not big ? I disagree, new game anouncment isn't small. This isn't DST related ? But you spoil the surprise, and some people like surprise.

12 minutes ago, The Curator said:

Y'know, when JoeW showed up to make a statement that nothing was happening yet, in reply to a completely arbitrary and over-exaggerated thread that some random posted without even knowing the recent history of the game entire months after all the initial hype and chaos wore off. Yeah, that's when they show up to say something, to some random who doesn't even know what they're talking about; not half the entire community flipping out over the Wendella strings, or the 13th, or June One O. 10/10 Klei.

Yeah, because this random deserve nothing, only the side of the community your are in deserve dev answer. How dare this plebeian asking question about the game future without being approved by you ? This is a shame, people can't stay at their place.

I just want to mention, again, that your so deserving and worthy community, who "know the recent history of the game", totally miss the anouncment about "we are still working on DST" made on Klei Stream some time ago (a month, more ? Can't be sure), even if people like me mentioned it when people asked "what about DST now, will something come". We answered, yes, they said on the stream that they are still working on DST and it was when the stream was still available, so if you so deserving and worthy community wanted more informations, they were available at the time and people could have it.

So there were no need of another post of "we are working on it, can't tell more at the moment", because the official info already existed.

But no, blame Klei because you weren't well informed. Better for sure.

Now we are months later. The stream isn't available anymore and seems that people missed the information. So if people are still asking, maybe a reminder is useful, because saying that they are still working but can't talk about it yet will : reassure people about the future of the game, not creating false hope because no details, they can't speak about it yet meaning that it could take time so no reason for people to be angry next month because no update.

But i understand : you are angry and bitter no matter what. No communication : wrong job, klei. Communication : wrong job, klei. Sure, they will be so enthusiastic to communicate next time thanks to you.

Hey, did you come to mind that maybe it's harder for a society to communicate when people are hyping themselves for every simple thing and blaming Klei after that ? Because it means you don't have a lot of margin to communicate.

Archived