Is DST dead?

Ive been playing for quite long this game, and now i havent seen an update with new content, i know it takes time and it hard to do so, but at least i would like to know if devs still working on this game, i would like more events like metheus or cyclum or update like new reign or getting shipwrecked on Dst, but what do you think?

To put it shortly - Nothing said officialy but we have found leaks from steamdb and the sound files that they are working on something . But as I said nothing official yet ... So for now only guesses .

• Developer
4 minutes ago, ZolaRay said:

Im just hoping they dont leave this game, i really like it and i hope it gets supported a lot

Don't Starve is Klei's baby, they won't ever leave it, but they have other, smaller babies that need to be taken care of currently :)

I think Klei just have their hands full with ONI and Griftlands. This kinda reminds me of Freebird a while.

There was this game called Quintessence: The Blighted Venom that the creator was working on. Me along with a few others loved it. However Freebird wasn't very popular. Heck I didn't even know it existed until 2014 (I watched a To the Moon walkthrough). When he released TtM though, Freebird's popularity exploded (due to all the YouTubers playing it) and it eventually got priority over Quintessence which remains unfinished to this day.

Then again, Kan's an indi dev with a small group of people helping him unlike Klei who have a whole team. Besides, Kan said he'll work on Quintessence after Finding Paradise (TtM sequel).

So yeah, don't worry about it :)

4 minutes ago, ImDaMisterL said:

And @PeterA died eating a red mushroom.

What's worse that getting killed by starvation? Getting killed by food...

Btw, staying at topic, let's say that Klei decides not to work on and release updates for DS/T anymore (besides bugfixes maybe). But even then, DST wouldn't be dead, as we had a great community that would definitely keep it living, right? The forums were still up and new ideas, worlds, groups and artworks were made.

• Developer
5 minutes ago, fimmatek said:

Btw, staying at topic, let's say that Klei decides not to work on and release updates for DS/T anymore (besides bugfixes maybe). But even then, DST wouldn't be dead, as we had a great community that would definitely keep it living, right? The forums were still up and new ideas, worlds, groups and artworks were made.

Let's not forget the DST port of Creeps in the Deeps and Unnatural Selection :)

This game is the best I've ever experienced in over 40 years, multiplayer is amazing and it is so entertaining.   Love the graphics and I prefer it over 3d games (simple format games are often the best).   Could be more of an active community but all good.

Could worlds be joined in the sense that you go through a "gate", go through no-mans land and then find yourself at a gate to another world?  You could trade, visit people, etc.

6 hours ago, Lumina said:

Yes, they said it some weeks ago in a stream, and it was mentionned on forum here.

Yes, and it has been apparent for literally months by the fact that they've; not said anything. Like at all.

That was the joke is that, as one who has been waiting for months and not heard anything; it's highly amusing to hear them mention they aren't ready to talk, even if it's to a person who doesn't know that yet, because that's been the main plight pretty much since ANR was finished.

But hey at least it took them an entire chunk of a year, to make a statement that they don't want to make a statement. Yeah.

Archived