Well... Sometimes it's too much even for a dupe. Do you imagine a dupe taking his mining gun out, puting it in his mouth and pulling the trigger, digging his last one tunnel, right through his brain? That is what could happen after more then seven cycles of being stressed. Or... Or maybe they would like to have a suicide chamber? I could utilise our space friend to something nice, like a loving memory diamond, that could be worn for decor or used for some high-end tools. And would not the dupes be happier knowing, that they may end it all painlessly, staying with their friend forever? After all, diamonds are eternal.

On 21/07/2017 at 6:28 PM, Whispershade said:

Dupes already commit suicide through forgetting to stop holding their breathe or repeatedly jumping back and forth in a pit of CO2.

Dont forget they also trap themselves through burial, or someone else does it for them! Or they mine the tile below them and plummet into a deep pool of water.

The more I think about this idea, the more I like it.  It's not enough to just have the stress response over and over.  There should be a heavy cost if you let stress go unchecked.  I doubt, however, that Klei will ever make a suicide-by-mining-gun animation XD.  Will stress alone cause a dupe to be incapacitated?  If not, it should - and eventually kill them. 

I don't really think duplicant suicide would be beneficial for the game. Replacing a dead duplicant is matter of few cycles with the printer on, and if we talk about rough punishments for keeping your duplicants stressed then there's the binge eater and a whole lot of people claiming it's too rough and game breaking already.

5 hours ago, Kasuha said:

I don't really think duplicant suicide would be beneficial for the game. Replacing a dead duplicant is matter of few cycles with the printer on, and if we talk about rough punishments for keeping your duplicants stressed then there's the binge eater and a whole lot of people claiming it's too rough and game breaking already.

Yeah but people are right - binge eater is unbalanced, and doesn't make any sense.  I've seen people run 100% stress bases to no ill effect.  They just pick ugly criers and never build a massage table.  It would be a lot more realistic (and interesting) if prolonged stress took a toll on dupes.  It should definitely incapacitate them after a while, and, I think, kill them if you don't do something about it. 

7 hours ago, Vincie said:

Maybe dupes should just explode after taking too much. Just like morbs.

Lmao.

Archived