I know the game is not optimized yet, so how do you keep the lags down in endgame?

So after you have 20 dupes and have excavated a part of the map or your beyond day 200. It lags even on my fathers enthusiast gamer pc. how can you avoid that? I noticed that if you keep it down with pipes you can prevent a lot of lags. I think pipe physics is not well coded yet.

After some tests I have found its impossible to play with +70 dupes, I wanted to do that because the more the dupes the more tasks I can do in my base.

But I was wrong, the amount of lag make it impossible to fast forward the game, so better keep it simple with 20-30 dupes and AVOID large pipes (water and gas) systems.

Bridges are just a means to jump over another pipe crossing its path. I haven't been watching bug updates closely, but there were problems at one point with loss of mass in them. (Apologies for misleading information if this has since been corrected.) I would figure that they do take up more overhead than a normal pipe section, but just making a "best educated" guess there from previous discussions on them here..

5 hours ago, MagicManICT said:

Bridges are just a means to jump over another pipe crossing its path. I haven't been watching bug updates closely, but there were problems at one point with loss of mass in them. (Apologies for misleading information if this has since been corrected.) I would figure that they do take up more overhead than a normal pipe section, but just making a "best educated" guess there from previous discussions on them here..

Bridges separate the two connected pipe runs into individual chunks (with individual pathfinding for the packets), they are extremely useful to force flow direction inside pipes and enable construction of connections that give priority to one side (both splitting and joining).

The bugs with bridges and deleted mass / thermal magic are history (or will be, if not yet already, in the next update).

Breaking up a long pipe run using bridges might have the potential to speed up the game as the pathfinding inside the individual runs might be less costly (pure speculation, but given some of the bugs I have seen in this game it might well be the case).

Really, if you're playing with more than 3 dupes you suck. :p The game is already easy enough to "win" (research everything and reach map edges) with just 3 dupes in around 100 turns. I just wish there was more map variation to explore and things to do. Getting bored...

4 hours ago, Eep said:

Really, if you're playing with more than 3 dupes you suck. :p The game is already easy enough to "win" (research everything and reach map edges) with just 3 dupes in around 100 turns. I just wish there was more map variation to explore and things to do. Getting bored...

Indeed the game is easier with just 3 dupes since you have very little infrastructural load.

Personally I am having fun trying to find solutions to building a large completely autonomous indefinitely sustainable colony with a good standard of living.

Archived