TheKingofSquirrels

How Would you Fix Woodie/Werebeaver?

32 posts in this topic

Because he is broken, how would you fix him? I can think of a couple of things

1) Get rid of the sanity drain during werebeaver form. Make it like DS, where the sanity damage comes once you turn back into human form. The dealing with the banjo music while the sound is getting distorted because your sanity is draining is unbearable. Also, the low sanity + sepia filter is hideous.  

2) Get rid of the AWFUL, jusyt AWFUL log meter in human form. The whole eating wood mechanic in human form is dumb idea. 

3) Increase his damage and armor. Have armor be a at least the same value as a log suit and damage be at least the same value as spear, or even a battle spear. 

Other ideas:

1) Being a Werebeaver during full moon should have have some sort of perk, maybe a damage or health boost, that only lasts while the moon is out. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I vote for number three because that's the most that people have ever wanted also having made this topic like seven times I keep having déjà vu

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would delete him from the game and make a far better character named Winona to replace him...hopefully

Edited by GiddyGuy
3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, StarmanNess said:

inb4 @Brikelz gets ultra-triggered

Well if they were to come at me with a rebuttal I would kindly say that nothing would be lost if they removed Woodie. :)

1 minute ago, Donke60 said:

Who that 

His profile is literally right there, you can check his post by going to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, GiddyGuy said:

His profile is literally right there, you can check his post by going to it.

I don't see what makes him such an annoyance though that's why I asked because I don't understand

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, minespatch said:

Ness's close buddy.

Oh still don't know why that's bad though 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Donke60 said:

Oh still don't know why that's bad though 

Woodie is his favorite character, so seeing him removed would probably break his heart.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Woodie is perfectly fine. Music lovely, talking axe rough, werebeaver form on point. No complaints here. Maybe log meter drain 20% less but eh its a challenge 

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why is Woodie "broken"? What's wrong with him? And, if so, why aren't Wilson, Wendy, and Willow "broken"?

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Perfectly would be fine for more development on Lucy and the explanation on Woodie's lobotomy to be honest. That portrait has me curious.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Rily said:

in DST Woodie is a boring character, you can't go nuts as beaver like in regular DS, I would like the same werebeaver mechanics in DST, maybe a bit less damage, armor or whatever you want, but as he is now is quite boring and unsatisfying, maybe adding a cooldown to change between human and beaver form could help with the balance

Yep just give him more damage and gave it to cool down there you go he is fixed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Alarsin said:

Why is Woodie "broken"? What's wrong with him? And, if so, why aren't Wilson, Wendy, and Willow "broken"?

Because a werewolf should be strong and powerful. It should be like the hulk of this world. Powerful in monster form, weak when he isn't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TheKingofSquirrels said:

Because a werewolf should be strong and powerful. It should be like the hulk of this world. Powerful in monster form, weak when he isn't.

Yes, if he was a werewolf. But he is a beaver! Are beavers actually strong and powerful? 

4 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In my opinion Woodie - is a worst character in DST. He's lumberjack, and everything he can do - easily farm 4 stacks of logs in a minute. This is stupid. I think he should get an ability to shoot with lasers from his eyes... 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Woodie should gain sanity from chopping trees in werebeaver form.

It would negate the feelsbadman moment when you lose all your sanity because you wanted to go on a woodcutting craze.

Woodie is a woodcutter after all.

3 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, KoreanWaffles said:

Woodie should gain sanity from chopping trees in werebeaver form.

It would negate the feelsbadman moment when you lose all your sanity because you wanted to go on a woodcutting craze.

Woodie is a woodcutter after all.

Should he? I don't know, but, as I see, people, who still ask for changes to Woody, just don't get the point of this character and how to use it? All that they know "He is not like in singe player version (DS) :(:( "

Woodie - is my favorite character in DST. He is not imbalanced and not too hard. All his mechanics are concentrated on wood farming, that saves a lot of time! 

Werebeaver - is not a curse. It's a tool. Similar to axe. Werebeaver shouldn't be Terminator\Rambo\Jackie Chan in one person, as it was in single player. When werebeaver chops trees, he restores wood hunger. Also you'll get +5 of sanity for each planted pine cone. So what is the problem? Scheme is:

Start chopping -> turn to werebeaver -> resume chopping (no eating logs) -> you will be turned back to human -> pick all logs and pine cones -> plant cones = full sanity, 3-4 stacks of logs. 

That is the point of lumberjack. No changes are needed. Woodie - wonderful and perfect character in DST!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Apchi said:

Should he? I don't know, but, as I see, people, who still ask for changes to Woody, just don't get the point of this character and how to use it? All that they know "He is not like in singe player version (DS) :(:( "

Woodie - is my favorite character in DST. He is not imbalanced and not too hard. All his mechanics are concentrated on wood farming, that saves a lot of time! 

Werebeaver - is not a curse. It's a tool. Similar to axe. Werebeaver shouldn't be Terminator\Rambo\Jackie Chan in one person, as it was in single player. When werebeaver chops trees, he restores wood hunger. Also you'll get +5 of sanity for each planted pine cone. So what is the problem? Scheme is:

Start chopping -> turn to werebeaver -> resume chopping (no eating logs) -> you will be turned back to human -> pick all logs and pine cones -> plant cones = full sanity, 3-4 stacks of logs. 

That is the point of lumberjack. No changes are needed. Woodie - wonderful and perfect character in DST!

Agreed. I don't understand people who say "he is the worst character because he was debuffed." It's not about the singleplayer.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well...

For Woodie himself:

Remove or reduce the sanity gain for planting trees: This is overpowered and makes changing sanity states too easy.

Make the log meter invisible while human. It was more fun when you had to pay attention to Lucy's dialogue to know whether or not you were close to transforming.

For Werebeaver:

Remove the constant sanity drain when in the Werebeaver state: I assume this was implemented to prevent players from being Werebeaver constantly like they could be in Singleplayer DS. The thing is, DST also impliments hunger drain for Werebeaver so it's not really needed. If you want a sanity penalty on Werebeaver, apply it when he transforms back into Woodie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now