Right now, reeds do not produce any seeds, so once you've harvest them they are gone, and you don't get any seeds

back to make a new planting, forcing you to rely on getting more seeds from out of the world, it would be nice if

we could have seeds from the last harvest like other plants, to continue production ( assuming you have a good enuff yield ofc )

You have not been following the last few "Rhymes With Play" streams where the devs preview upcoming stuff?   The entire harvest system is getting revamped.  There will no longer be yield.  And based on the most recent stream, it sounds as if you'll simply have a random chance of a seed dropping at harvest, presumably for all plants.  Although they did mention they're still considering how to handle briars and wheezeworts, since those don't get 'harvested'.  These changes will happen in "a few weeks".

On 15.7.2017 at 5:34 PM, suicide commando said:

A pity they're getting rid of the yield system, I liked it.

I like it too. Why remove this enjoyable thing ? Just balance it. The lategame tends to really boring if u remove the motivation stuff. U know, we haven't a goal yet. And it is a shame, that we haven't a goal. A game without a goal is a beer glass without beer :D

Noo don't remove the yield system. It is so challenging to build environments with the right temperature and everything.
To make the perfect harvest is very rewarding.

I'm sure they mean to replace it with different animations and growth effects so it is not just a text in the plant info box. But more visual.
It works really well as is.

4 hours ago, Mjello said:

I'm sure they mean to replace it with different animations and growth effects so it is not just a text in the plant info box. But more visual.
It works really well as is.

Sorry to darken your dream, but I can assure you, that is not what they are doing.  They are in fact getting rid of the yield system.  In exchange, you'll have some plants that require light (or darkness) specific gas requirements, and different types of fertilizer.  In addition to the irrigation and temperature which we already have.  Also plant mass will be reduced so that it doesn't mess up the grow rooms so easily.

Anyways do you know where there is written plans of change ?

So the ideal temperature range will go away you think ? Like the -3 to 3 degrees for bristle blossoms. And no bonus for ideal conditions... That would make it pretty boring growing plants in the future. If there is only the normal growth requirements.

Allthough the temperature band was very narrow.
Could be widened a few degrees. And maybe the whole harvest system was overly complicated. Guess only few people bothered with it.
Could be grow ideal or non ideal conditions. Not 3-4 harvest cycles and then only the last harvest produces a difference.

The Twitch streams are the only source of information which we can point you to.

If i remember correctly a plant will not grow unless its conditions are met it will be stunted until you provide it what it needs.

There is no perfect yield but there is a chance for seeds to drop from each harvest (Which was my only reason for wanting perfect harvests) 

52 minutes ago, BlueLance said:

There is no perfect yield but there is a chance for seeds to drop from each harvest (Which was my only reason for wanting perfect harvests) 

Yeah I kind o think that shouldn't be chance. But based on how ideal their grow conditions are. Like Perfect in middle of temperature +/- 5 degrees and all other requirements met. You get 2 seed :).
I still think they are going to do something like that though. But lets see.

Instead of complicated yield calculations they could just make ideal non ideal harvest based on 3 conditions:
Has it been stifled. (Wrong light, air, temperature)
Run out of fertiliser.
Run out of irrigation.
Then only 1 seed.

Kept in optimum conditions all the time 2 seed and perhaps a better harvest.

No seed growing conditions is like a bad thing because then you can loose the ability to grow a crop completely.
I don't know if you would want that in the game.

1 hour ago, Mjello said:

I still think they are going to do something like that though. But lets see.

Unfortunately it is down to chance and it doesn't look like they will be changing that not from what I can see. But its still being tested so we never know. 

4 hours ago, Mjello said:

Anyways do you know where there is written plans of change ?

Nothing written.  As Bluelance mentions, there's the streams, but also I'm in the closed testing group so I'm speaking from what's actually present on that branch.  Which isn't to say that it couldn't change!  But these are actual current changes on the testing branch I'm talking about.  You'll still have temperature and irrigation (but not all plants require irrigation).  But all the conditions for a given plant are required for any growth at all.  It's an either/or system, not a graduated one.   Not all plants have all conditions, btw.  Some have many conditions (Bristle Blossoms have 5 or 6 I iirc) some have few.  Some will grow in many gases, some in just 1.  And the seed drop is just random chance at the end of the growth cycle.  I'm not privy to the reasoning. 

Archived