Paint and Animat

RyanandLink

Hello LUCKY visitor!!! Welcome to a place full of wonders. Here is your ticket number: [number=(User favourite number)+20/2]. If your ticket number has already been taken, please pick your second-most favourite number.

Welcome to the museum, feel free to scroll down and look at more recent posts alongside the thoughts other humble visitors.

VENERE.png

IT'S VENÉRE
She's got a tattoo on her upper-right wing which is a logo of her favourite band
On her right foot she's got an ankle-bracelet which is like a guarding amulet for good luck! there's also a little bag with stuff like medical herbs / plants, etc. in it on her hip.
When she was younger nobody really teached her how to use magic so her knowledge in that is very limited (to things like making coolkid magic sparkleeffects and simple wards hehe) 

WE'RE ALL COUNTING ON YOU.png
WOAH WHAT A BACKGROUND!! I MEAN--
OKAY SO I have this glamour set on FFXIV for my paladin job THAT I REALLY LIKE SO I was like hmm lets slap THIS on THAT on a character and BAM

SO that's little Flaire over there, been given some sort of gem by her teacher right after her kingdom was ATTAKKED by MONSTERS and BAD GUYS so she has to embark on some huge journey to put the gem back in it's proper place and rid the land of all the evil I KNOW I KNOW really unoriginal but I've always liked go-on-big-journey-to-restore-something-adventure-cool-awesome-epic-etc stories so yeah.. forgiv me plz thank
she's just a smol 13 years, a white knight in-progress before the big and bad happened

ALSO this drawing is like a bomb of testing, the shadow, hair, background(ehh) was all like "well let's see how this goes" 

20170625213628_1.jpg
THIS IS NOT A DRAWING BUT RATHER A SPECIAL EFFECTS/POSING/ SCENE SETTING THING

THATS IT FOR NOW sorry caps

I tried my hand once again at ANIMATINO but this time it's alot more semi/hand-drawn lol. At first it wasn't going to be sadvenere but then I started listening to some sad TLOU music and my hand went one way... it's not super /effort but I like to think of little animations like these as a throwback to my flipnote studio days when I was really young (except that was literally stick figures lol.)

venereemotional.gif.2025c30449fae40926e28c09065da1f4.gif

Nice animation! Here, have some nitpicks from somebody who admittedly never successfully animated hand-drawn themself:

When the head moves, so should the hand covering the mouth.

Try to only ever have one focus point. In this case, I guess it would be [hand rises], [head], [other hand rises], [eyes]. To remove attention from the other things, I suggest you animate even sharper. For instance, the wings. Select key frames the viewer is meant to properly see (in this case only two) and make the transitions between those fast. In more detailed drawings, the details would be simplified as well. Fast, less detailed things generally take less attention than slow, complex ones.

3 hours ago, Mobbstar said:

Nice animation! Here, have some nitpicks from somebody who admittedly never successfully animated hand-drawn themself:

When the head moves, so should the hand covering the mouth.

Try to only ever have one focus point. In this case, I guess it would be [hand rises], [head], [other hand rises], [eyes]. To remove attention from the other things, I suggest you animate even sharper. For instance, the wings. Select key frames the viewer is meant to properly see (in this case only two) and make the transitions between those fast. In more detailed drawings, the details would be simplified as well. Fast, less detailed things generally take less attention than slow, complex ones.

Thank you very much for the nitpicking! ;D with the focus system though, would it be bad even for say, the eyes to move while something else is animated? It might look weird for instance to have a facial expression after a limb  movement that would bring more to that expression. And, you don't need to have cooked a food to know if it's bad :p

6 hours ago, minespatch said:

What's she sad about?

Something she might have seen in front of her. Something sinister. Somebody took the last cereal box from right under her nose at the store lol. Or she saw someone kill someone else from behind the bushes. Or [...]

4 hours ago, RyanandLink said:

would it be bad even for say, the eyes to move while something else is animated?

No, the viewer should just be able to look at one thing at a time, and ideally have that thing lead the viewers attention to the next thing. Think of it as a ball game. The ball has the attention of the viewer, then somebody catches it and runs for a while, before throwing it again... you might notice the other people running around all the time too, but the ball catches the viewer's attention.

Okay, I'm not very good at explaining this... Somebody help me out!

1 hour ago, Mobbstar said:

No, the viewer should just be able to look at one thing at a time, and ideally have that thing lead the viewers attention to the next thing. Think of it as a ball game. The ball has the attention of the viewer, then somebody catches it and runs for a while, before throwing it again... you might notice the other people running around all the time too, but the ball catches the viewer's attention.

Okay, I'm not very good at explaining this... Somebody help me out!

No, I think I get what you're saying, when the arm moves up (which is at that point finely animated) to the eyes, then the eyes take the finer animation from that point which would lead to the next thing that takes over the "animation lead". Anything else is less finely animated I believe is what you're saying which is a very valuable tip thank you Mobb B)

"HEY HAHA GUYS CHECK WHAT I CAN DO"

Spoiler

VenereKnifedance.thumb.gif.62298933e75eafdb0fb195ffc5d97caa.gif

"Knife bending! :D"

While she can't do any big magic she does have access to moving objects* and decided to become shiv* master  
*objects with higher density cost more to move
*can be done with any object which density and quantity does not outweigh her arcane reserves

also more animation I love this this is fun C: Featuring breathing, leg/feet movement, hand/arm movement, wings, facial expression and dress physics(ish)! and flying knives of course 
I may or may not have put the new principles I have learned about animation from Mobb to use except that I didn't pay attention sorry ;c; 
I've been rewatching Avatar: The Last Airbender recently and thought about this as something cool to do, didn't expect to actually do it though since I always lose interest doing "longer" stuff, but I actually enjoyed making the whole thing which is awesome and I hope to be able to make more animations c:

On 7/13/2017 at 7:38 AM, RyanandLink said:

Hello LUCKY visitor!!! Welcome to a place full of wonders. Here is your ticket number: [number=(User favourite number)+20/2]. If your ticket number has already been taken, please pick your second-most favourite number.

Welcome to the museum, feel free to scroll down and look at more recent posts alongside the thoughts other humble visitors.

Hide contents

VENERE.png

IT'S VENÉRE
She's got a tattoo on her upper-right wing which is a logo of her favourite band
On her right foot she's got an ankle-bracelet which is like a guarding amulet for good luck! there's also a little bag with stuff like medical herbs / plants, etc. in it on her hip.
When she was younger nobody really teached her how to use magic so her knowledge in that is very limited (to things like making coolkid magic sparkleeffects and simple wards hehe) 

Hide contents

WE'RE ALL COUNTING ON YOU.png
WOAH WHAT A BACKGROUND!! I MEAN--
OKAY SO I have this glamour set on FFXIV for my paladin job THAT I REALLY LIKE SO I was like hmm lets slap THIS on THAT on a character and BAM

SO that's little Flaire over there, been given some sort of gem by her teacher right after her kingdom was ATTAKKED by MONSTERS and BAD GUYS so she has to embark on some huge journey to put the gem back in it's proper place and rid the land of all the evil I KNOW I KNOW really unoriginal but I've always liked go-on-big-journey-to-restore-something-adventure-cool-awesome-epic-etc stories so yeah.. forgiv me plz thank
she's just a smol 13 years, a white knight in-progress before the big and bad happened

ALSO this drawing is like a bomb of testing, the shadow, hair, background(ehh) was all like "well let's see how this goes" 

Hide contents

20170625213628_1.jpg
THIS IS NOT A DRAWING BUT RATHER A SPECIAL EFFECTS/POSING/ SCENE SETTING THING

THATS IT FOR NOW sorry caps

I love the 3rd picture.

Do you remember RPs?! I had such good times on these forums with them. Sadly there doesn't seem to be any on here anymore. I'm actually re-reading one right now, Maxwell's Playground by LadyD and Im having a nostalgia/awesome/cringe/great time trip lol. Anyways, some of you might remember in that RP Arca and Sylvia didn't really get along well, but the rp died so I like to think they eventually became awesome friends   

I drew Sylvia based on her haracter description. Hey Danny if you're still around hope you like her lol.

IMG_20170913_172135.jpg

Fun fact: Idk if I revealed this already or not but during the RP, Danny sent me a PM wanted to ship my character, Red, with Sylvia. Bear in mind that was before I dived into mad shipping so I wasn't too sure at the time but now I'm all for it.

But sadly, as you said, the RP is dead -_- along with all the others.

Archived