A Single Gas Geyser Supports 7 Generators

3 hours ago, Buldric said:

That's not what I said. I played probably 100 hours before making any serious effort to utilize natural gas.

If it wasn't clear to you, he was being sarcastic because you were being obtuse. Everything in ONI is easy once you know how to do it. That's not really going to change a lot into the future. That is the nature of learning.

3 hours ago, Buldric said:

It's also not like a cooling system, where you might need to change your design based on the application.

What if I made my NatGas complex the cooling system itself? Is your setup really the best setup?

But let us be clear on some likely constraints for the game:

• If they add additional sources of power they will very likely to rebalance natural gas and other power alternatives to accommodate the new circumstances.
  • There is apparently a desire for sustainability focused game play from the devs and players, that means that some form of power generation needs to be renewable and reliable. Which inevitably will be as "set it and forget it" as oxygen generation becomes. (Why aren't you complaining that oxygen generation is too easy?)
  • Power generation needs to eventually become 'easy' and reliable because it forms the backbone of confronting more complex, more interesting challenges later. This is part of what NurdRage was talking about. There will necessarily be a progression of challenges. And ultimately, power forms the core of most of them. Making power generation a constant headache makes the rest of the game more tedious to people wanting to do those things.

i think the reason i'm so obsessed with this game currently is the amount of stuff to do.  i haven't been playing long so i haven't really figured a whole lot out but i just started using debug mode just testing stuff out before implementing in a base where i don't allow myself to use debug mode at all.  in a way this feels a bit like cheating - but i got tired of getting to a point in my game where i wanted to try something and then slowly watching the dupes do it - to then realize i set it up wrong.  creating a self powering oxygen generation system using electrolyzers seems pretty fiddly to me.  

in fact - i think that some of the fun of the game might actually be diminished if there is a clear cut way of doing something every time.  

It only supports 7 generators if we use it with fertilizer maker machine right? Because right now with only single geyser, it is barely enough for only 2 generators for me. And when i use 7 transformers connect to them, my power source is not stable enough ( i use batteries between transformer and generator but no power stored in there, i assume no power left to stored). I still new to this game, so i would like to ask you guys how many transformer can i use for one nature gas generator? 

My English is not so good, so pls excuse me

16 hours ago, Whispershade said:
  • There is apparently a desire for sustainability focused game play from the devs and players, that means that some form of power generation needs to be renewable and reliable. Which inevitably will be as "set it and forget it" as oxygen generation becomes. (Why aren't you complaining that oxygen generation is too easy?)

I hope this is the case, I tend to build my bases towards 3 seperate power systems, which I alternate manually by switch to produce power.

My set up is usually 3 30x8 vertically rooms the first two always contain hydrogen produced by 4 electrolyzers, 2 electrolyzers feed the left container and 2 feed the right container, and the 3rd container has natural gas, at the top of each of these containers is a pump and a switch it on the outside, this turns on each pump independantly. I only ever have 1 running at a time whilst the others refill. I have hamster wheels run the pumps and keep critical batteries charged, otherwise all other electricity is from my battery bank charged from these. Its not entirely sustainable due to the reliance on water but its reliable and i love it haha

9 hours ago, bopeep8hersheep said:

in fact - i think that some of the fun of the game might actually be diminished if there is a clear cut way of doing something every time.  

Unfortunately, there will always become a 'best way' to do things. That is really hard to avoid. It is a problem that plagues many game genres.

2 minutes ago, Whispershade said:

Unfortunately, there will always become a 'best way' to do things. That is really hard to avoid. It is a problem that plagues many game genres.

I completely agree, thats why having scenarios is nice but again the same issue eventually crops up. 

Archived