Oxygen Not Included Mac OSX Branch - Now Open for Testing

• Developer

oni_osx_1024.jpg

Oxygen Not Included Mac Preview Now Available

The latest update is just a few weeks away, but we have some good news in the meantime - we're happy to announce that you can now play an early preview build of Oxygen Not Included for OSX. Mac users interested in playtesting this version can access it by switching to the OSX branch on Steam using the instructions below. 

To access the OSX Branch

• In Steam click on Library > Games.
  • Scroll down to Oxygen Not Included.
  • Right-click and select Properties.
  • Go to the BETAS tab.
  • Enter the following Beta access code: eureka329048
  • In the dropdown, select: osx_preview
  • In that same Properties window, go to the Local Files tab and press Verify Integrity Of Game Cache.
  • You should now be able to play the Mac OSX version.
  • Launch Oxygen Not Included.

And that's it! We're looking forward to hearing comments and feedback from Apple testers on our forums - be sure to name a Dupe "Isaac Newton" for us!

Hi guys... just checking this out now... I've already noticed though that the maximum resolution for my MacBook Pro retina is only 1440 x 900. Feels a bit blurry compared to playing in 1920x1400 in boot camp. Is there a way to change this? 

I got the game to test it on a mac. I tried to play the game. I got to the main screen. I clicked to load a new game. It said that the game crashed and to report it. So, I did. The game closed after reporting. So, I tried to play it again. The same thing occurred. I cannot play the game, unfortunately due to this. 

I understand this is in beta and the game is new to a mac format.  I'll keep you posted if anything else occurs on the mac version. 

Thank you for making this available to Mac users

Screen Shot 2017-07-15 at 9.16.24 PM.png

Today I bought this game, because I kind of like its gameplay style, it is basically a visual operating system building game :D (maybe thats why people's bases get eaten by blackholes aka deadlocks)

Also, since I got the DST gift long time ago from klei because of purchasing DS, I wanted to show some support.

Only problem is there's no linux version, so I'll have go to my laptop for playing it.

So please do a linux version, I'd be happy to test it.

2 hours ago, 255 said:

@mf99k: Could you try submitting a crash report using the in-game dialog, and let us know approximately what time you did so?

ONI crash.rtf

The game itself didn't give me any error messages or log.txts, so this is the log from the mac "Oxygen Not Included has quit unexpectedly" window.

I did this just now, so about 1:15 pm pacific time

the game window literally just vanishes when it tries to load the character screen.

• Developer

@Treecenubm: Which screen are your dupes invisible on? Could you send us the same things I asked mf99k for above?:

What version of OSX are you running?

What hardware are you running the game on?

The contents of: <Your_home_directory>/Library/Logs/Unity/Player.log 

@255 the game runs fine on my pc, and that has an intel HD Graphics 4000 card. Wouldn't it in theory not work for either, or is 4000 close enough to function?

secondly, couldn't the 3000 card theoretically work if more graphics settings were implemented asides from the current ones (which I think is mainly UI right now)?

Archived